This has to end...

As some of you already pointed out, the "Intergalactic Banking Federation" (IBF) had an extremly high growth in the last days. Founded on the 1st of march, they already have 65 members. Nearly all those accounts were created in the last 5 days. There were 26 new members in one day. That's more than 1317 orgs got in their whole time of existance. I'd like to ask NQ to either delete this whole organization or the fake members. This is a problem that many online games have but we should start fighting against it as soon as possible.

The reason for this massive amount of growth is because all of our members have migrated from Star Citizen, a game which was never going to be made in the first place. Our group was made up of an alliance of industrial organizations, but we where always playing catch up to the other organizations. 

In DU, we have a chance to become a leader of an industry in a game that could become an actual game.

Also, if you noticed our recruitment report, we do not think that this growth will last. If anything, we will get a few more players, but most of the players that are joining us from SC have already joined.

It is an interesting rat tail when looking at the organizations more closely. (Relating to the clients of the above organizations)

It may be possible that there are trolls. But how do you want to prove that? If the person is not hiding behind a proxy, hardly any evidence is possible. If you take the opportunity to structure your organization and members, the chaos is perfect. It is also correct that all, irrespective of whether with or without donation, can already join and serve.

With an "All persons fictitious disclaimer", you also reduce the possibility of initiating legal proceedings. The pretext would be that it is a public figure. Perhaps NQ could use "misuse of identity" as a reason to deactivate it provisionally until the members have proved and can identify as these persons.

The situation looks different when there are fictional characters who appear in books. These are protected works. NQ should ask the people to rename themselves and the organization. Except the members can prove that they are the author.

That won't change. It's even in the terms of service or similar, where NQ states it does not have the technical measures or options to verify each user individually (the same IPs aside maybe, this seems to refer to real credentials).

Section 7.4 I think.

The latter you can somewhat prevent if you don't invite everyone and their mother. Damage control at least.

to add something else: NQ already pointed out  that you're not allowed to create orgs which are the same as real life ones (apple, microsoft, etc.). So this whole trump thing actually is forbidden and should be deleted as well

We can very much see your comments. Although, you might not hear all that much from our normal, everyday members. It did, to be honest, take us a moment to realize there was a forum, and that there was a witch hunt on us. However, one of the rules in our organization is that nobody besides legates can go on the forums. If you are wondering why, it is because we do not want some politically motivated members (We have Trump + Hillary, Bernie, Jill, etc supporters in org) to tarnish the reputation of the org. Also, it is a way for us to maintain our neutrality, since the idea of the IBF is to have a neutral  bank, kind of like the equivalent of real world swiss banks, but in DU.

Just a PSA to everyone, seems like the nefarious culprit behind all of these alts (Obviously me, but oh well) is applying to several orgs. So before you click accept on any of those apps, just check their profile real quick.

plot-twist.jpg

Just a PSA to everyone, seems like the nefarious culprit behind all of these alts (Obviously me, but oh well) is applying to several orgs. So before you click accept on any of those apps, just check their profile real quick.

Orgs should be doing this regardless/already.

But, like, why though.

It IS helping you and everything. In almost no way is it hurting you. Only benefits.

"I'd like to have a few alts, Mr. Cybersex."

This is too far.  I really hope NQ cracks down on this all, because this is utterly toxic.

Yeah, this gives me bad vibes. I mean, EVE's alt-frenzy makes sense - it's still shit and a demonstration of poorly thought game depth - but THIS kind of alt-frenzy is borderline atrocious.

The more time NQ has to spend dealing with stuff like this, the longer it will be till the game comes out. 

I don't think so?

I mean, unless all mods responsible for forum aspects also happen to be developers who have to split their time depending on demand in either section. Unless you were rather referring to "lead decisions" on the matter, for example via JC. Then again I don't think it takes a terribly large amount of time out of their schedules. They could just mention it in one of the regular meetings they surely have and decide on a course, and then the mods mostly enforce it.

It is an interesting rat tail when looking at the organizations more closely. (Relating to the clients of the above organizations)

It may be possible that there are trolls. But how do you want to prove that? If the person is not hiding behind a proxy, hardly any evidence is possible. If you take the opportunity to structure your organization and members, the chaos is perfect. It is also correct that all, irrespective of whether with or without donation, can already join and serve.

With an "All persons fictitious disclaimer", you also reduce the possibility of initiating legal proceedings. The pretext would be that it is a public figure. Perhaps NQ could use "misuse of identity" as a reason to deactivate it provisionally until the members have proved and can identify as these persons.

The situation looks different when there are fictional characters who appear in books. These are protected works. NQ should ask the people to rename themselves and the organization. Except the members can prove that they are the author.

The problem is that people (mostly new users and new forum people) are seeing this as a "really funny troll" to screw with the community or try and make the most popular org on the charts. First of all, who the f*** cares who is the biggest orgs, I mean, look at TU, sorry sorry, too far..... Second, while they see it as a troll because they are either inexperienced or new to the community, everyone else just sees it as extremely annoying and trashing up the community. If someone who wants to pledge visits the forums to see the community and comes across something like the Banking Org, they may think the whole community is garbage and decides not to pledge. This will cause DU to lose players and pledges which hurts everyone who really wants this game to succeed. Hopefully the owners of these orgs see this thread and realize what they are doing is/could be causing more harm than a simple joke.

**ends rant**

The more time NQ has to spend dealing with stuff like this, the longer it will be till the game comes out. 

I do not think the devs are the ones that would deal with stuff like this.

I do not think the devs are the ones that would deal with stuff like this.

Perhaps not directly, but NQ is a very small company so everyone does a bit of everything. Their main website designer is also their main server guy, and JC codes as well, and any time they spend talking about this or working on this is time they are not doing other things.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying "someone made a few alts so the game is going to be months late", but things do add up over time.

Perhaps not directly, but NQ is a very small company so everyone does a bit of everything. Their main website designer is also their main server guy, and JC codes as well, and any time they spend talking about this or working on this is time they are not doing other things.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying "someone made a few alts so the game is going to be months late", but things do add up over time.

WHAAATT, SOMEBODY MADE A FEW ALTS SO NOW THE GAME IS GOING TO BE A FEW MONTHS LATE. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Orgs should be doing this regardless/already.

Yeah, been getting applications from some of these guys that say, "Hi!".  Or "Can I join?'  And that's it.  I simply reply and tell them to tell me why they want to join us; what do they think we have in common, what can they bring to the group, etc.  Wait a week or so and no reply will get a decline.  It's pretty easy to weed them out.

Yeah, been getting applications from some of these guys that say, "Hi!".  Or "Can I join?'  And that's it.  I simply reply and tell them to tell me why they want to join us; what do they think we have in common, what can they bring to the group, etc.  Wait a week or so and no reply will get a decline.  It's pretty easy to weed them out.

"

Very much on point. This sort of thing gives me headaches. Most organisations go as far as to put the directions and instructions on their Community Portal Page or on the Forums. much to no avail. Nevertheless, if the players don't bother to write a little more than generic text, I shouldn't bother to give them anymore than a generic decline. 

It's a poorly planned strategy to create alts in such a manner and disperse them to the same or different organisations. While I won't make a comment on the names these players/alts use (enough said), I find the ceaseless stream of applications from such accounts far beyond amusing. It used to be something to laugh about, but when opening the Community Portal has become synonymous with fake accounts and rejected applications, someone somewhere has to ask whether its worth all the trouble. 

Obviously telling these people to stop will be as much fun as holding a conversation with a door post, but we are moving around in circles here. I have decided to let them be. It's much easier to simply bite my tongue and punch the "Reject" button than to go on a meaningless rant against players who are obviously children. 

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not angered by their tactics, I'm simply tired of paying attention to such things. If any players do make the mistake of joining such organisations simply because of their numbers, common sense will swiftly cause them to find more honourable places to play. Others...well, others can add to the member count, and perhaps add a few alts while they are it, too.  

But, I see no reason why the Novaquark team should officially step into this matter. This is a Sandbox game, is it not? Let them do as they please. Plated gold never lasts as long as the real thing.

Cheers.

"