New Dual Universe video from GDC

ATMLVE

Good find!

Yeah you know how youtube recommends those random videos, like boiling frogs or the worlds highest oreo dunk, and you wonder how in the world youtube thought you wanted to watch that?

For once, youtube actually recommended me a video I wanted to watch. Only an hour old too!

Yeah you know how youtube recommends those random videos, like boiling frogs or the worlds highest oreo dunk, and you wonder how in the world youtube thought you wanted to watch that?

For once, youtube actually recommended me a video I wanted to watch. Only an hour old too!

And yes there was indeed new stuff in it!

Just stumbled across this awesome video on Dual Universe from IGN. Its a small little interview with JC, contains (I think) new footage.

Great! I was looking for new footage. It looks like they have gotten a long way!

Thanks a lot man.

Who knew youtube's recommended would be useful some day! :D

And who cares why other people are hating on DU right now. It got funded, we will play and when NQ starts demonstrating the game for bigger audiences people will realise NQ and DU is legit.

I mean, JC isnt some amateur who wrote some code. NQ as a team is rock solid and very realistic about their goals.

I'm so excited. :P

I am very happy to see some great progress on the game being made, can't wait for the game to finally come out :D I do hope they come out with some new dev blogs and videos as well, also maybe a new dev blog on economy :P

I am very happy to see some great progress on the game being made, can't wait for the game to finally come out :D I do hope they come out with some new dev blogs and videos as well, also maybe a new dev blog on economy :P

I remember them saying somewhere to expect the next dev dairy between 3/6  and 3/10. But I may be wrong.

Edit: The comment was about how the video is going to be delayed because of GDC. Can not seem to find it though.

I remember them saying somewhere to expect the next dev dairy between 5/6  and 5/10. But I may be wrong.

Ah, thats good to hear :D Lets see what they come up with this time, everytime I see a dev blog or video, the hype keeps increasing lol

Ah, thats good to hear :D Lets see what they come up with this time, everytime I see a dev blog or video, the hype keeps increasing lol

Found it

"Dual Universe will be presented at the GDC 2017 in San Francisco from February 28th to March 3rd. We are happy to announce we have been selected as one of the eight winners for the "Best in Play" Awards! Due to all the preparation related to the GDC (new pre-alpha build), the February DevDiary video will be released at the beginning of March (between March 6 & March 10)."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949863330/dual-universe-civilization-building-sci-fi-mmorpg/posts/1814524

Just noticed I typed the month as the 5, I meant 3.

All I get is 1000 degree knife challenge, hydraulic press and we are number one memes. :( I KEEP CLICKING ON THEM THOUGH!!

I am curious how old the footage from that video is. I was under the impression from somewhere(cant remember where) that they had removed the beam coming from your hand when you place blocks. I thought that was changed awhile back. I guess they could have used an older more stable build for demo at GDC but i would be curious how up to date the build in the footage is.

Edit: How old some of the footage is.

Just stumbled across this awesome video on Dual Universe from IGN. Its a small little interview with JC, contains (I think) new footage.

It does contain new footage. This was all taken at GDC last week and the footage was captured directly from JC's laptop that we had been using to demo the game at the show. So what you are seeing is JC actually going over portions of the game in real time, on a recent build,  for them to record for the interview.

I think it was the newest build, they said so in an interview but I'm not sure on that one. Maybe some attendees can enlighten us.

Its also very possible I'm mistaken about the whole beam from hand thing.

Wow so much hate for the game. I mean not over hyping is good, but out right bashing a game that you know nothing about just because some other game that shall not be named was bad is not. So sad :'(.

Agree 100%. All those haters based on one game. If that is the worst thing that happened in their lives (so far) then they got to get out more.