Pledge's, and the DACS

bloodngutz

I assume you are an Iron Founder.

With your Iron package, you get 2 DACs. Those are in-game items similar to PLEX (from EVE). You can either sell them to other players for in-game money or you can use them to extend your subscription for 1 month. So 1 DAC = 1 month of gametime.

Hi Bloodngutz and welcome on the forum!

It should be read "2 DACs (value: 2 months of game time)"

(an impending fix is on the way)

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

i got the gameplay from the actual pledge post

but thanks for the clarification 

I assume you are an Iron Founder.

With your Iron package, you get 2 DACs. Those are in-game items similar to PLEX (from EVE). You can either sell them to other players for in-game money or you can use them to extend your subscription for 1 month. So 1 DAC = 1 month of gametime.

1 DAC = 1 month of game time, so you can only play for a month?

1 DAC = 1 month of game time, so you can only play for a month?

This game is subscription based (~13€ per month).

So if you buy that package (Iron) and the game releases it looks like this:

- You pay ~13€ per month and you have 2 DACs in your inventory

- After 6 months you decide to use a DAC for whatever reason

- Your subsription for that month stops (you don't pay anything for that month) and that 1 DAC is consumed (and thus vanish from your inventory)

- After that 1 Month your subscription starts again and you pay 13€ per month again

- You have 1 DAC left and either you use it or you sell it

So, in fact, if you make enough ingame money and other people sell their DACs, you can buy them with ingame currency (Quanta) and play for free

This game is subscription based (~13€ per month).

So if you buy that package (Iron) and the game releases it looks like this:

- You pay ~13€ per month and you have 2 DACs in your inventory

- After 6 months you decide to use a DAC for whatever reason

- Your subsription for that month stops (you don't pay anything for that month) and that 1 DAC is consumed (and thus vanish from your inventory)

- After that 1 Month your subscription starts again and you pay 13€ per month again

- You have 1 DAC left and either you use it or you sell it

So, in fact, if you make enough ingame money and other people sell their DACs, you can buy them with ingame currency (Quanta) and play for free

i see, didnt realise it was a subscription based game

https://community.dualthegame.com/pledge

Under "Access Dual Universe"

"After the Official Release, you won’t have to buy the game itself. A "free to try" limited access will be available (the specific limits are still under discussion). There after full game experience will be available for around $10-$13/month or €10-€13/month, depending on the country.

Players will also be able to play for free by activating a 30-day time coupon called a Dual Access Coupon (DAC) these can be purchased through in-game markets. DACs can also be bought directly from Novaquark at an at-launch price of $18/€18."

Hi Bloodngutz and welcome on the forum!

It should be read "2 DACs (value: 2 months of game time)"

(an impending fix is on the way)

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

Should it not read "2 DACs (value: 2 months of access)"? I think that "game time" could be misunderstood as actual time in game.

Should it not read "2 DACs (value: 2 months of access)"? I think that "game time" could be misunderstood as actual time in game.

That does sound better, I would say go with: 2 Dacs (Value: 2 months of access). I can see how game time and gameplay could get confusing

• 2 years later...

will the DACs be able to be activated separately? for example if I have one in my inventory then don't play for a few months will I be able to activate the DAC  or will it automatically activate after my subscription runs out?

I was under the impression that it was 30 days of game time... which is why they seemed to emphasise the phrase game time rather than real time.
Some services are like that. I have an emergency LTE wifi access point that charges only the days that it is used.

clearly, 1 month's access is far easier to understand than game time... Especially since a day in the game is so much shorter than in real life.

13 Euros per month is a fairly hefty fee. Costs as much as Netflix. If you pay you really have to play to get your money's worth.

7 hours ago, argetlam42 said:

will the DACs be able to be activated separately? for example if I have one in my inventory then don't play for a few months will I be able to activate the DAC  or will it automatically activate after my subscription runs out?

No, DACs are "physical" items in your inventory and are not consumed unless you specifically use them - usually you would buy DACs to sell/gift to other players, that's why they are more expensive than normal subscription.

gametime, is kindy tricky indeed, if that means all my being ingame count up together it will be different as a subscription for a month :)

And 13 euros is pretty normal for a game subscription if compared to other MMO's they are all between 10 and 15 euros per month

I am pretty sure that has nothing to with how much time you are playing but rather when you use DAC, so technically it will allow you to play for next 30 days from the moment that you activate it and it doesn't matter at all if you play during that time or no as it will be consumed, pretty much same as normal subscription.