What Information would cause you to up your pledge?

Ripper

As well as what I said before, it depends on wether or not they will select another wave of Alpha Team Members.

Buy the gold pledge. Don't cheap out. It's what you *know* you want to do and now you can do it ????

?

no AVA/CVC? No testing of pvp? No testing of guns? When it will be implemented then?

I'm not sure but I thought the alpha would be mostly about the building/crafting.

Combat sounded like a beta thing if I remember correctly. If we can get CvC funded in time it might make it into beta?

I am looking at the physical beta package but upping it to cheapest digital alpha package would really require some user video and not developer video on alpha before i could justify spending over $120 on a game. Just wish i could get alpha without paying $120

I'm not sure but I thought the alpha would be mostly about the building/crafting.

Combat sounded like a beta thing if I remember correctly. If we can get CvC funded in time it might make it into beta?

I was under the impression that combat would be in alpha, but added later in the process. Alpha is for creating and testing release-features and beta is further testing, reworks and bug crushing. If you want to have the ability to play an early access-like version, pick beta.

I was under the impression that combat would be in alpha, but added later in the process. Alpha is for creating and testing release-features and beta is further testing,...

Oh, you could be right.

The alpha would last about a year (ish) so what you said sounds plausible.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not pledged, don't like to pay for something that doesn't exist, and might not exist as claimed. 

However, if alpha proves that it actually works and there are player made reviews/videos that seem promising, then maybe I could consider paying enough to get in at beta (seems to be 60€ now), especially since the packages seem to hold DAC:s cheaper than what has been said about the subscription fee. 

This is all dependent on the systems requirements. Even if it works perfectly I will not pay anything if I'm not sure it works on my laptop. That might be even bigger obstacle for me than subscription. I'm not planning to buy new computer too soon and not for a single game. 

I have not pledged, don't like to pay for something that doesn't exist, and might not exist as claimed.

Then you should be happy that a lot of people in the community have pledged.

Or there might not have been an alpha, beta or DU at all.

Because Kickstarter....

You are welcome.

However, if alpha proves that it actually works and there are player made reviews/videos that seem promising, then maybe I could consider paying enough to get in at beta (seems to be 60€ now), especially since the packages seem to hold DAC:s cheaper than what has been said about the subscription fee.

This is all dependent on the systems requirements. Even if it works perfectly I will not pay anything if I'm not sure it works on my laptop. That might be even bigger obstacle for me than subscription. I'm not planning to buy new computer too soon and not for a single game.

Only for your information: DACs are only cheap with the pledges, later on a sub is way cheaper (because that's the only way it makes sense). Once you used up all your DACs (from pledging) you need to pay 10-13€ / month.

Somewhere (think it was at GDC) they said an I5 should be fine, but better have an I7. High end hardware now will most likely to be just enough to play DU

Somewhere (think it was at GDC) they said an I5 should be fine, but better have an I7. High end hardware now will most likely to be just enough to play DU

At some point JC said that high end today would probably translate to medium at release. Not sure which audio interview it was at the moment.

Pretty sure I'll need to upgrade my I5/760 to play the alpha.

Damn, but I just emptied half my bank to fix my PC, I can't afford high end stuff right now :( Good thing I have around 4 months to get more money...

They simply need to add a method for purchasing singular DACs.  I would love to chip in $10 a month.

I imagine many others would as well.

I cold always purchase an iron pack a month, but I'm not sure how that would be equated.

They simply need to add a method for purchasing singular DACs.  I would love to chip in $10 a month.

I imagine many others would as well.

I cold always purchase an iron pack a month, but I'm not sure how that would be equated.

For every X extra amount of money you pledge over the threshold (idk what it is), you get another DAC. You could just pledge $10 a month to up your pledge higher and higher gradually (and possibly gain access to beta)

For every X extra amount of money you pledge over the threshold (idk what it is), you get another DAC. You could just pledge $10 a month to up your pledge higher and higher gradually (and possibly gain access to beta)

That was only for kickstarter backers for a certain period of time. It was 7€/DAC to a maximum of 10. But that ended afaik

I would definitely upgrade if i had the money :c. If i somehow win the lottery in the next few months before alpha release then you can expect half of it to go towards Dual Universe just to make it even better ^.^

I would happily give more money over if they had the ability for me to without needing to put in ~$3k to do so because the only way I can up my own pledge is by going up to the next tier.

I've given people money to friends to pledge with, though, so I guess that's kind of the same thing. 

I've given people money to friends to pledge with, though, so I guess that's kind of the same thing.

Sure is.:)

If I didnt need to eat, build a new fence, spoil my nieces and find money to upgrade for alpha I would immediately upgrade to lifetime.

Damn you capitalism!