What Information would cause you to up your pledge?

Ripper

Hey guys,

I'm very excited about DU, and fully intend to upgrade my pledge.  I've been burnt in the past, and there are a few things I'd like to see before jumping up to a higher package.  Here are some of the things I'd like to know.

I've seen the server load, with thousands of bots roaming around.  I'd like to know more on how they were implemented.  My biggest concern is bandwidth limitations.  Sending positional data of 1000 players TO 1000 players is a LOT of bandwidth.  How was that bandwidth modeled?

I'd like to know more about Sensors.  I believe this is integral to LUA scripting.  Are they all omni-directional, or are there hemispheres, cones, beams, and planes?  Can we limit their range so that we can isolate the area to a corridor in a ship?

I'd like to know more about LUA scripting.  I've read the dev blog, but I'd like to see a video of linking a system element to a control element, linking an RDMS tag to the control element, and linking a control element to something like a thruster.  Then manipulating the thruster

An entire video should be devoted to RDMS the interface, and use.

I'd like to see more of the "shaping tools", and their use.

What would prompt you to up your pledge?

The one thing that will definitely make me want to upgrade my pledge would be if I get to know about how exactly the RDMS system will work and what are its limitations, how the economy will work and if there can be opportunities such as share holding, stock exchange, banking and so on.
That is one major topic I am very much interested in so yea.

At this point, I can't up my pledge without outside intervention. However, if I theoretically could, it would be after a video that explains territories to an almost complete degree.

I'm just curious about a lot to do with that.

Also, possibly a video or post about the entire length to which they hope to take organizations.

More details won't make me want to pledge more, by pledging I have already committed. I'm considering upgrading my pledge to help reach the CvC goal.

At this point, I can't up my pledge without outside intervention. However, if I theoretically could, it would be after a video that explains territories to an almost complete degree.

I'm just curious about a lot to do with that.

Also, possibly a video or post about the entire length to which they hope to take organizations.

So what exactly are you curious about? After the meeting with JC, we have a very strong idea of what they will look like and how they will work.

So what exactly are you curious about? After the meeting with JC, we have a very strong idea of what they will look like and how they will work.

How you win them in wars, if you can rent out smaller chunks of land inside them, is there an upkeep cost for them and how much is it, can only orgs place them, what will hacking a TU do (take control or disable restrictions for a certain amount of time?)...

We know how they will basically look and work, but nothing detailed when combined with other game aspects such as RDMS and Orgs (war and upkeep).

How you win them in wars, if you can rent out smaller chunks of land inside them, is there an upkeep cost for them and how much is it, can only orgs place them, what will hacking a TU do (take control or disable restrictions for a certain amount of time?)...

We know how they will basically look and work, but nothing detailed when combined with other game aspects such as RDMS and Orgs (war and upkeep).

So to go down your list:

How you win them in wars? You have to damage them enough to overtake them or hack them. The org who owns that tile is given a 24 hour buffer time from the start of the first attack to come online and defend their TU. If 24 hours passes, then the attacking org can re-attack and finish the job.

Can you rent out smaller chunks? Theoretically yes you can. The TU gives the owner the ability to assign access to build on the land to anyone they want. This means that if you wanted to rent land from me, I would grant you access on my TU owned tile and then you could build.

Is there an upkeep cost? Not particularly but they have to always have power. If they run out of power I believe you lose your territory until you regain power. There is no maintenance though.

Can only orgs place them? No, not at all. Anyone can place a TU. When someone in an org places a TU, it doesn't grant access to the whole org, only the owner. From their they can grant access and I think an option is granting access to whole org and/or individual players.

What will hacking a TU do? After hacking a TU, the defending org (owner of the TU) is given a 24 hour time frame to rebuild and defend. Because time doesnt stop when you log off, this gives everyone an equal chance to defend their TU when not online or else people would come online when an org is all offline and they would hack and take control of every TU and that wouldn't be very fair.

Hope this answered all the questions well, let me know if it didn't.

Once Alpha comes out, if the actual gameplay impresses me as much as the game concept and video updates have, I will definitely get a higher pledge level. This is assuming they still have the crowdfunding open at that point.

A big motivator for me would be knowing that pvp(CvC, AvC, AvA, Static and dynamic cores etc) will be in the game through a large portion of alpha/beta process

A big motivator for me would be knowing that pvp(CvC, AvC, AvA, Static and dynamic cores etc) will be in the game through a large portion of alpha/beta process

If more people pledge it will be part of release (most likely earlier to test it)....

They told us it won't be in alpha but probably beta

Both the meetup and on the forums and I believe in an interview as well but I don't remember which one

Nice did they specify CvC? Most of the interviews JC leaves it vague and it might just be AvA pvp

As well as what I said before, it depends on wether or not they will select another wave of Alpha Team Members.