Post-Meet Up Thoughts

Lord_Void

So as most of you know there was a small meet up and livestream with JC tonight. I was there with a few other people and got to chat with JC and see the version of the game they currently have.

While I was already very excited for this game, and confident about it's future, I am now doubly excited and confident in this project. For so long this game has been nothing but a few trailers and a forum to me, so to finally see it in person was incredible. The game was not perfect; there were some bugs and moments when things did not quite render properly (really they just took a moment to load in) but the sheer immensity of the game and the moments that created were astonishing. Watching the sun peak over the horizon, and the shadows being cast by objects in the world. When JC got lost flying between worlds. Zooming from the surface to orbit and then back to another point on the surface. Pointing to a spot in the sky and then flying to it, only to discover a whole new planet with entirely different terrain. Looking at an island from space and then Zooming in on it to see just how big it really is.

There was moment in particular that struck me: JC was showing us Alioth from orbit when suddenly a large dark spot started to move across it. It took a moment for us to recognize what was happening; there was an eclipse going on. For a game this early in development, the world already feels quite vivid and immersive, and I'm sure it will only get more refined as time goes on.

JC himself is also quite fun to talk to. His enthusiasm for the game is quite evident and his passion is contagious as I could not help but get more excited the more I heard him talk. He is both the dreamer who dreams big, and the realistic one who can make those dreams into a tangible reality. This game could have no one better at the helm than him.

Having seen some of the backend technology that runs the game, I can attest that this game seems to be literally built for success. It's built to deal with the challenges of a single shard mmo voxel based game.

In summary, NQ believe in their project and they care about their community. The biggest thing that strikes me is their openness and honesty; the way they present their game is sincerely genuine. They truly believe in DU, and that makes me believe.

Dual Universe is going to be amazing.

I am so glad to hear that the game is going strong and the developers are working on it full with passion and drive and HYPE!! I really want it to come out soon xD
I still have to see the video so gonna do that soon, super excited! :3

Ill just second the notion, we have a chance to see a truly great game and excellent MMO created in our lifetimes. I've been dreaming of it for a decade or more. Should the people I've met while we wait on the forums be my friends or foe's in the game, well, at least there may come to be a sandbox with beauty, depth, and choices of the quality we all have desired for so long.

Ill just second the notion, we have a chance to see a truly great game and excellent MMO created in our lifetimes. I've been dreaming of it for a decade or more. Should the people I've met while we wait on the forums be my friends or foe's in the game, well, at least there may come to be a sandbox with beauty, depth, and choices of the quality we all have desired for so long.

I agree. The idea behind this game is one that many people have dreamed of for a long time. I know I have certainly been wishing for something like this for a very long time. I think other games that have tried this have fallen short because they reached for the stars (no pun intended) and promised the moon (sorry another pun), whereas I think the approach to this game, building a solid, stable and fun (although initially basic) world and then building on top of it as time goes on, will lead to success.

I'm very excited to be able to witness the literal birth of a new world, to be there at the beginning and see the events that will become legend. Some of us will be allies, some of us will be adversaries, but I think we will all be united in wanting to support this game and it's community.

So excited for this game. Only way i can describe the feels is like...if you're super adhd and drank around 9 monsters, then got injected with adrenaline. (Might be a little extreme metaphor XD)