Transported Goods Safety

Shockeray

Should Player-Quest Transported Goods Be Stealable  

42 members have voted

1. 1. From what I understand, there are going to be ways to assign quests to other players in order to, among other things, have goods transported to a desired location. Should these quest goods be able to be stolen by the player transporting them?

• Yes; no stipulations. You have to watch who you make deals with.
    • Yes, but notify the quest giver.
    • Yes, but cause an automatic bounty.
    • No, but other players should be able to steal the goods during transport.
    • No! Players should not have direct access to the items.
    • No, and the goods should be saved (e.g. returning home on unsuccessful transport)
    • Other... (please mention below)

As far as not knowing who robbed you of a shipment, or who set them up to it: don't assume that pirates will be the only ones making use of intelligence networks. :)

Plus, we haulers will communicate with each other, and if someone seems to be a common denominator in having shipments robbed, or attempting to be robbed, well......

As far as not knowing who robbed you of a shipment, or who set them up to it: don't assume that pirates will be the only ones making use of intelligence networks. :)

Plus, we haulers will communicate with each other, and if someone seems to be a common denominator in having shipments robbed, or attempting to be robbed, well......

exactly - that's gameplay.

Don't assume that DU will organize everything for you - do it yourself. This is no standard mmo with generic and completely safe mechanics.

I expect them to use a system like in eve: set that contract up, get collateral, wait for delivery, pay the trucker and give him collateral back - so far it's all system based.

now to the fun part: emergent gameplay (it never gets odd to mention that one)

the trucker then has to calculate risk/reward, hire guns, do whatever he needs to do to deliver that cargo. That's part of your job. Will there be an intelligence network for truckers? If someone starts and runs it - why not, do it. Will they know who to avoid and who will most likely rob them? possibly - find it out yourself, talk to other truckers, make a discord or whatever.

Game mechanics (and the vision NQ has for the game) are there for a reason - understand them and USE them. No one hinders you to do the EXACT same thing as a pirate (intelligence, bribing, hiring,...) with one difference: you defend yourself with that. The pirate doesn't have any advantage - and you shoudln't either

So how player can trust somebody to deliver, when goods can be simply taken by deliverer? Pirates - secondary trouble of delivery player made quests.

Examples about FedEx and others are not well true. Companies in real life under the law and if they steal/lose/damage your goods, they compensate your loses (insurance). So as a customer you are safe using official delivery companies.

What we have in game? Response = 0. Documents = 0. Control Laws = 0. Even top trusted guild who offer delivery service. What will stop them to steal rare and expensive goods sometimes? Reputation? Crap, everyone will have bad and good feedbacks, because some will hate by default. Documents? Make special aplications on forums? How many players will know about this and will do?

So wat we have in the end? You need to trust. Trust to random feedbacks. What protection you have? None. No technical, no law.

So what I see. If game do not support customer (player who order delivery) goods protection, this will be rare and highly unpopular. Once again, we talking about "Player-Made Quests - Delivery".

If to make questionable protection on forums, this will be very routine for many players. And even with that, game need to have way to control/punish deliverers then.

So question is "What customer get?" Risk of pirates anyway, risk to lose good because of deliverer actions and safe of time. If you lose cargo, safe of time become as waste of time (lose more than x2 time instantly). And also you pay for that.

Risk > Profit. And profit not even close to risk.

Back to FedEx example. Imagine company do not take any responsibility for your goods. No any control from above. No documentation. Driver decided to steal your parcel, ok, happens, do you have any provements, no? You will give negative feedback? Who cares if they can make 100 good feedbacks on your bad one.

As I said in beginning, coping things from real life is not the guarantee they will work in game. Most of them will fail. You may live in dreams that everyone will take responsibility and be good fair player, that is your choice. I lived enough to see people mostly try to cheat others, not be fair. It is very naive and stupid to expect everyone will follow unwritten rules in anarchy world. iMO.

Thanks,

Archonious

So how player can trust somebody to deliver, when goods can be simply taken by deliverer? Pirates - secondary trouble of delivery player made quests.

Examples about FedEx and others are not well true. Companies in real life under the law and if they steal/lose/damage your goods, they compensate your loses (insurance). So as a customer you are safe using official delivery companies.

What we have in game? Response = 0. Documents = 0. Control Laws = 0. Even top trusted guild who offer delivery service. What will stop them to steal rare and expensive goods sometimes? Reputation? Crap, everyone will have bad and good feedbacks, because some will hate by default. Documents? Make special aplications on forums? How many players will know about this and will do?

So wat we have in the end? You need to trust. Trust to random feedbacks. What protection you have? None. No technical, no law.

So what I see. If game do not support customer (player who order delivery) goods protection, this will be rare and highly unpopular. Once again, we talking about "Player-Made Quests - Delivery".

If to make questionable protection on forums, this will be very routine for many players. And even with that, game need to have way to control/punish deliverers then.

So question is "What customer get?" Risk of pirates anyway, risk to lose good because of deliverer actions and safe of time. If you lose cargo, safe of time become as waste of time (lose more than x2 time instantly). And also you pay for that.

Risk > Profit. And profit not even close to risk.

Back to FedEx example. Imagine company do not take any responsibility for your goods. No any control from above. No documentation. Driver decided to steal your parcel, ok, happens, do you have any provements, no? You will give negative feedback? Who cares if they can make 100 good feedbacks on your bad one.

As I said in beginning, coping things from real life is not the guarantee they will work in game. Most of them will fail. You may live in dreams that everyone will take responsibility and be good fair player, that is your choice. I lived enough to see people mostly try to cheat others, not be fair. It is very naive and stupid to expect everyone will follow unwritten rules in anarchy world. iMO.

Thanks,

Archonious

You obviously didn't understood my post if you think that I live in a dream where I trust players because they're fair to each other.....

Yes you need to trust and it will be used - maybe not so often by strangers but within an alliance/org. I just can't see a problem there. Besides the fact that NO ONE will make a delivery contract for valuable goods. And guess what: capitalism saves your money here. Because if no truckers will accept low paid jobs because the risk is too high then they will simply only do high reward contracts or none at all. In both cases the big org/alliance will need to consider if it's still viable to give those transportation jobs to outsiders or if they do it themselves. Supply and demand will take care of that.

And instead of tossing useless RL examples I will give you one of a working, player made, sandbox marketplace: EVE. The vast majority of contracts there are used to either

1) give something to your corp/alliance (incl. things to transport somewhere)

2) sell ships with modules or any other good that can't be sold on the market

3) Scams

There are very few people who use that system for delivery contracts with strangers.

Why? Because it can be abused easily and it doesn't really matter what you do - it's always abuseable.

Your "only two people can open that container" idea is still just bad because it's against EVERYTHING a sandbox/open world/MMO/Emergent gameplay game stands for.

You obviously didn't understood my post if you think that I live in a dream where I trust players because they're fair to each other.....

Yes you need to trust and it will be used - maybe not so often by strangers but within an alliance/org. I just can't see a problem there. Besides the fact that NO ONE will make a delivery contract for valuable goods. And guess what: capitalism saves your money here. Because if no truckers will accept low paid jobs because the risk is too high then they will simply only do high reward contracts or none at all. In both cases the big org/alliance will need to consider if it's still viable to give those transportation jobs to outsiders or if they do it themselves. Supply and demand will take care of that.

And instead of tossing useless RL examples I will give you one of a working, player made, sandbox marketplace: EVE. The vast majority of contracts there are used to either

1) give something to your corp/alliance (incl. things to transport somewhere)

2) sell ships with modules or any other good that can't be sold on the market

3) Scams

There are very few people who use that system for delivery contracts with strangers.

Why? Because it can be abused easily and it doesn't really matter what you do - it's always abuseable.

Your "only two people can open that container" idea is still just bad because it's against EVERYTHING a sandbox/open world/MMO/Emergent gameplay game stands for.

Definetally agree that no safety nets should be had from the game itself, we should rely on trusting the right people. I can already see larger orgs taking care of their transport soley within their own ranks. An independent space trucker(hehe) should be required to be very picky with what jobs to take and how to do them for his own safety and gain.

I could say, you didn't get meaning of my message. You actually agree with me - "Player-Made Quests - Delivery" ("PMQ") is simply pointless and won't work. I didn't give any ideas that need to be in game, I showed 2 examples (I could say two opposite extreem points) when this quest system will work and when it won't.

And yes, in my opinion "delivery orders inside organisation" is out of "PMQ" range, it is more about trusted known person (aka friend). For me "PMQ" is when you put order for delivery on "notice board" with requirements and players can accept this order to do.

If you would like to see system with "No steal by deliverer and possible to steal by pirating".

How? Idea in 5 minutes:

1. Auto system with accept quest on location (easy to use).

2. Customer set requirements for deliverer (as example delivery ship average price).

3. If player accept quest for delivery and requirement allow to take it, ship used for quest can not be edited or drop down the requirements price.

4. Cargo can't be looted if ship not destroyed (core).

5. If ship destroyed, cargo can be opened.

Once again, idea in 5 minutes, I didn't think about all details and specifications. But:

-Deliverer won't be able to steal

-It would be pointless to destroy ship to get cargo (you don't know what is inside, so you don't want trade ship cost on unnown cost).

-You won't be able to cheat with ship changes and it price downgrade

-Pirates will be able to steal goods by destroying transport ships

Result:

-Delivery quests opened for global market

-Customers protected by ingame rules/system

-Pirates get massive targets increase and requirements to destroy transport ships

+other features which come from this activity

P.S: I believe ship price can be easy counted. System need to have resources used info for ship building. And system will have material prices on markets (it was said by NQ about NPC buy/sell goods). Parameters of firepower, ship size/volume m3, amount of the blocks and other even easier to get.

Thanks,

Archonious

I could say, you didn't get meaning of my message. You actually agree with me - "Player-Made Quests - Delivery" ("PMQ") is simply pointless and won't work. I didn't give any ideas that need to be in game, I showed 2 examples (I could say two opposite extreem points) when this quest system will work and when it won't.

And yes, in my opinion "delivery orders inside organisation" is out of "PMQ" range, it is more about trusted known person (aka friend). For me "PMQ" is when you put order for delivery on "notice board" with requirements and players can accept this order to do.

If you would like to see system with "No steal by deliverer and possible to steal by pirating".

How? Idea in 5 minutes:

1. Auto system with accept quest on location (easy to use).

2. Customer set requirements for deliverer (as example delivery ship average price).

3. If player accept quest for delivery and requirement allow to take it, ship used for quest can not be edited or drop down the requirements price.

4. Cargo can't be looted if ship not destroyed (core).

5. If ship destroyed, cargo can be opened.

Once again, idea in 5 minutes, I didn't think about all details and specifications. But:

-Deliverer won't be able to steal

-It would be pointless to destroy ship to get cargo (you don't know what is inside, so you don't want trade ship cost on unnown cost).

-You won't be able to cheat with ship changes and it price downgrade

-Pirates will be able to steal goods by destroying transport ships

Result:

-Delivery quests opened for global market

-Customers protected by ingame rules/system

-Pirates get massive targets increase and requirements to destroy transport ships

+other features which come from this activity

Thanks,

Archonious

How to abuse that (Idea in 5min):

1. only let very valuable or cheap vessels transport it (depending on the meta/org and what ships are employed mostly)

2. destroy the delivering ship

3. take the cargo

4. profit

Once again, this Idea took 5 min, so I didn't thought about specifications:

- deliverer is still be able to steal the cargo

- If your intel is good, you know what's inside (watch people around you, derive from intel about that guy/org what he's about to build, ...)

- if cheap ships are the meta, just kill that ship and take the loot

- if expensive ships are the meta and you're certain that those goods are valuable - you can still make profit in destroying your ships in 50% of the time

And btw: use alts

So you think deliverer will sacrifice "5000$" (customer set minimal value, but as higer value, as higher delivery price, market rule) ship for cargo value of "2000$" (as example)? Then I don't understand your logic, if you use it.

well ofc.... humans are greedy and if they think it's worth it, they go for it. You don't make 100% your money with 100% your chances.

You make 80% of your money with 20% of the decisions - so 80% of the time you lose money. Who cares as long as you make money in the long run.

So yes, EVERY system can be abused and there are many people working on solutions (ask the guys and girls at CCP....) and NO ONE was able to find a good, suitable, non-abusable solution for this - and you won't find one either. Because imho there is none.

So either you trust the deliverer or you don't. But there will be no system or mechanic in place which prevents abuse

well ofc.... humans are greedy and if they think it's worth it, they go for it. You don't make 100% your money with 100% your chances.

You make 80% of your money with 20% of the decisions - so 80% of the time you lose money. Who cares as long as you make money in the long run.

So yes, EVERY system can be abused and there are many people working on solutions (ask the guys and girls at CCP....) and NO ONE was able to find a good, suitable, non-abusable solution for this - and you won't find one either. Because imho there is none.

So either you trust the deliverer or you don't. But there will be no system or mechanic in place which prevents abuse

I said before, deliverer do not see value of cargo. Let change it, deliverer see this price or even what is inside.

Would you sacrifice your 5k ship for 2k cargo?

If I don't see the price but my Intel says its valuable - go for it.

If I see the price and want to annoy my employee - go for it

If I see the price and compare it to my ship - DON'T go for it.

If, in your example, you see the price then there is no need for a spy network, no need for intel, no need for emergent gameplay. Then it's simple math. Besides the fact that such a "price tag required by your ship" is simply put a collateral.

If you don't see the price, then it's at least a gamble - and people will take it

Archonious I think its unfair to do the 5k vs 2k comparison, do you seriously believe that the cargo will never be worth the ship cost? Those numbers wont always be the case.

If I don't see the price but my Intel says its valuable - go for it.

If I see the price and want to annoy my employee - go for it

If I see the price and compare it to my ship - DON'T go for it.

If, in your example, you see the price then there is no need for a spy network, no need for intel, no need for emergent gameplay. Then it's simple math. Besides the fact that such a "price tag required by your ship" is simply put a collateral.

If you don't see the price, then it's at least a gamble - and people will take it

This is question what you want to get. Player-Made Quest or any unknown spy systems and other. Thread is about PMQ, I gave example (never said it is perfect) to make PMQ-Delivery system to make it open for players, not only in-Org.

Yes, you can annoy somebody. There could be black list (as Orgs, as nicknames).

Another addition. Two points A and B, A-load and B-unload (again, need to be technical automatisation via system). There is distance between them. There is time to success. There is penalty for fail. Deliverer take risk (automatic transaction if fail). As you understand, this penalty will cover price of goods.

Requirements:

-Deliverer need to have ***$ and can't downgrade this amount.

-If deliverer fail, this amount automatically transfered to customer

Make this insurance optional. Want insurance, pay for that.

For deliverer, want more money, take risk and do your job well.

As I said, I didn't designed system well, I was at work when wfote it. Just first ideas which come in head. If design well, then you can design or upgrade this idea better. Most important, customer have no need to worry, that deliverer will steal good. This make OMQ more popular. This open range of roles (many dream about them here).

You said, if it would be easy abusable (deliverer easy can steal), players will use in-Org deliveries only (mostly). This mean:

-Less contract for protection

-Less activity in game (delivery range)

-Less targets for pirates

-Less communication

-Less other activities connected with deliveries

Community become more closed in organisation range. What you focused on? I prefer system, which will allow market open to majority of players with healthy risks.

With this (or simikar system) I see that every single player win. Every player in-contract have range of risk to accept. Many other roles has more opportunities, because deliveries are popular.

P.S: I don't understand "All systdms abusable". First, not all systems abusable. Second, even if system can be abused, it does not mean it is bad.

Thanks,

Archonious

Archonious I think its unfair to do the 5k vs 2k comparison, do you seriously believe that the cargo will never be worth the ship cost? Those numbers wont always be the case.

If I want my cargo (with 2000$ value) would be transported by ship 5000$ value minimum, why it won't work? It will work even with 2k to 10k, or 2k to 20k.

If market price 200$ for 5000$ ship delivery, It will be 300$ for 10000$ ship (as example). I can send even 100$ cargo for these prices. It is my customer choice, I pay for that. Deliverer DON'T CARE what he deliver (as value). All he care - time and price.

Delivery (in game) = A-to-B distance and price for that.

How does price of cargo affect on your choice? It is not deliverer business actually, all he cares time/distance and money for success.

If I'm wrong, correct me.

Thanks,

Archonious

Ok what I gather from this is:

when you implement that "insurance" (I assume you mean that "container can't be opend" idea) then no one would do it without it - because it's not safe and you can be scammed while not using this "insurance". It's not a good idea to let the deliverer decide on that, obviously. 

So deliveries will pay out less.

Then you'd need a extremly expensive ship (as required by the contract). If you lose that ship on that run to pirates - you're screwed.

So your system

- pays very little (because of the "insurance")

- is abusable (because of the container no one can see through)

- requires players to ALWAYS take a high risk (because of the expensive ships)

This will lead to:

-Less contracts for protection
-Less activity in-game (trade routes)
-Less targets for pirates
-Less communication
-Less other activities connected with deliveries

So perhaps just wait on NQs answer to this, because this is going in circles

I said No because there are some contexts where that would render a project impossible. However I have already suggested way to package raw materials as generic cargo that pays people on delivery only,  so the courier cannot steal it profitably but anyone stealing it from him still has to deliver it to the designated destination to collect any loot. 

If I want my cargo (with 2000$ value) would be transported by ship 5000$ value minimum, why it won't work? It will work even with 2k to 10k, or 2k to 20k.

If market price 200$ for 5000$ ship delivery, It will be 300$ for 10000$ ship (as example). I can send even 100$ cargo for these prices. It is my customer choice, I pay for that. Deliverer DON'T CARE what he deliver (as value). All he care - time and price.

Delivery (in game) = A-to-B distance and price for that.

How does price of cargo affect on your choice? It is not deliverer business actually, all he cares time/distance and money for success.

If I'm wrong, correct me.

Thanks,

Archonious

What i am saying is that some times people will transport cargo worth more than their transport ship, it will happen and thats when people will start thinking about sacrificing their ship for the cargo

I don't know how you get this conclusions, maybe I explain not well. My bad then...

1. I want to send Gold Ingots (1000$ value) from point A to point B (These locations need to be designed well. Auto-Load and Auto-Unload). I set requirement for deliverer. 3000$ ship, 2000 blocks, 500 omi firepower (this firepower system used in other game, so just take example). Also I want include "Insurance" to my contract (which would be about 125% from cargo price at least). 

This will cost me (example average market price):

3000$ ship cost - 100$

2000 blocks - 50$

500 omi - 50$

I am ready to pay for requirements about 250$. Every potential deliverer can see this order. If deliverer want to take it, it agree order and collect order on point A. 

Or I can change requirements to:

1250$ ship cost only - which will cost me 50$. So I pay small amount, but lower level player (by ship quality) will have chance to do the job.

Or I can do not set anything except insurance:

Insurance (30% from contract, it could be higher, just example) - 300$ with 2 days delivery limit (real travel time 2 hours as example) 

This mean everyone can see order. If deliverer agree to put insurance 1250$ to guarantee delivery and deliverer has this amount of money on his account, there is option to take this order. As soon order is in progress, deliverer temporary lose 1250$ to cover insurance. If he deliver cargo in 2 days he receive 1250$ + 300$. 

So in both examples deliverer interested to deliver cargo to the point B. 

Situation A.

Deliverer can not open cargo, but cargo can be opened if ship will be destroyed (core of the ship). But there is no time limits, so if deliverer decide to delay your order, that is fine. Want cheaper delivery, be ready to take higher risk.

Situation B. 

I try to save more money, because my cargo is not very important and not immidiately needed, or I have problems with money. My cargo value still lower, so deliverer do not interesting to destroy ship to get it. But deliverer ship could be (COULD BE, because this order can be accepted by 1'000'000$ ship) easy target for pirates, much easier than 3000$ one. I choose range of risk and pay for that. Deliverer accept or not. Demand create market.

Situation C.

I don't care what ship will be used, I don't care who will do it. All I care is time. If I won't get cargo, I will get money for that (compensation could be higher, or even customer settable). Deliverer accept to cover my cargo insurance and focus on my order because limited time. But in the end deliverer get more money (situation could be changed, market dictate prices). But if follow logic, less risk to customer = more expensive order.

Deliverer do not decide how will looks delivery order, deliverer accept or do not accept offers.

Customer decide what minimum requirement delivere ship need to have. Simple rule, as more you want, as more you will need to pay (healthy economy rule). 

Game System allow to sign contract in game, so both sides take risks and responsibilities. That create foundation for economy relationships. 

There could be many options like:

-Blacklist (players from ignore list can't take your delivery order

-Organisation only (all members from chosen organisations (tick in your organisation list) 

-Known deliverers only (deliverers who already complete orders for you)

-Maybe any others settings, don't know.

Main idea, If you are deliverer, you interested to deliver cargo, not steal it (if customer not mega-greedy). System do not hurt pirating or any other groups.

P.S: How system which open market for everyone (not focus to close it inside Organisations) make these negative effects? Or you think when nobody trust anyone because your cargo freely can be looted by deliverer (and nobody will take responsibility for that) will increase everything from the list? If yes, we have nothing to talk with you.

What i am saying is that some times people will transport cargo worth more than their transport ship, it will happen and thats when people will start thinking about sacrificing their ship for the cargo

As I said before, if customer so greedy to pay for requirement (market price for better service), that is his own risk. You may set 5000$-cargo contract with no requirements for 10$ delivery cost. But you need realise risk of cargo lose. It is nearly 100%, IMO. So That is 100% decision of "Price and Risk". If price too low with low risk (to customer), nobody will accept delivery order. If requirement too high and price is too low, nobody will take delivery order. If you pay a lot for acceptable risk, your order will be completed quickly. Trade rules, healthy economy. 

Thanks,

Archonious 

I don't know how you get this conclusions, maybe I explain not well. My bad then...

1. I want to send Gold Ingots (1000$ value) from point A to point B (These locations need to be designed well. Auto-Load and Auto-Unload). I set requirement for deliverer. 3000$ ship, 2000 blocks, 500 omi firepower (this firepower system used in other game, so just take example). Also I want include "Insurance" to my contract (which would be about 125% from cargo price at least). 

This will cost me (example average market price):

3000$ ship cost - 100$

2000 blocks - 50$

500 omi - 50$

I am ready to pay for requirements about 250$. Every potential deliverer can see this order. If deliverer want to take it, it agree order and collect order on point A. 

Or I can change requirements to:

1250$ ship cost only - which will cost me 50$. So I pay small amount, but lower level player (by ship quality) will have chance to do the job.

Or I can do not set anything except insurance:

Insurance (30% from contract, it could be higher, just example) - 300$ with 2 days delivery limit (real travel time 2 hours as example) 

This mean everyone can see order. If deliverer agree to put insurance 1250$ to guarantee delivery and deliverer has this amount of money on his account, there is option to take this order. As soon order is in progress, deliverer temporary lose 1250$ to cover insurance. If he deliver cargo in 2 days he receive 1250$ + 300$. 

So in both examples deliverer interested to deliver cargo to the point B. 

Situation A.

Deliverer can not open cargo, but cargo can be opened if ship will be destroyed (core of the ship). But there is no time limits, so if deliverer decide to delay your order, that is fine. Want cheaper delivery, be ready to take higher risk.

Situation B. 

I try to save more money, because my cargo is not very important and not immidiately needed, or I have problems with money. My cargo value still lower, so deliverer do not interesting to destroy ship to get it. But deliverer ship could be (COULD BE, because this order can be accepted by 1'000'000$ ship) easy target for pirates, much easier than 3000$ one. I choose range of risk and pay for that. Deliverer accept or not. Demand create market.

Situation C.

I don't care what ship will be used, I don't care who will do it. All I care is time. If I won't get cargo, I will get money for that (compensation could be higher, or even customer settable). Deliverer accept to cover my cargo insurance and focus on my order because limited time. But in the end deliverer get more money (situation could be changed, market dictate prices). But if follow logic, less risk to customer = more expensive order.

Deliverer do not decide how will looks delivery order, deliverer accept or do not accept offers.

Customer decide what minimum requirement delivere ship need to have. Simple rule, as more you want, as more you will need to pay (healthy economy rule). 

Game System allow to sign contract in game, so both sides take risks and responsibilities. That create foundation for economy relationships. 

There could be many options like:

-Blacklist (players from ignore list can't take your delivery order

-Organisation only (all members from chosen organisations (tick in your organisation list) 

-Known deliverers only (deliverers who already complete orders for you)

-Maybe any others settings, don't know.

Main idea, If you are deliverer, you interested to deliver cargo, not steal it (if customer not mega-greedy). System do not hurt pirating or any other groups.

P.S: How system which open market for everyone (not focus to close it inside Organisations) make these negative effects? Or you think when nobody trust anyone because your cargo freely can be looted by deliverer (and nobody will take responsibility for that) will increase everything from the list? If yes, we have nothing to talk with you.

As I said before, if customer so greedy to pay for requirement (market price for better service), that is his own risk. You may set 5000$-cargo contract with no requirements for 10$ delivery cost. But you need realise risk of cargo lose. It is nearly 100%, IMO. So That is 100% decision of "Price and Risk". If price too low with low risk (to customer), nobody will accept delivery order. If requirement too high and price is too low, nobody will take delivery order. If you pay a lot for acceptable risk, your order will be completed quickly. Trade rules, healthy economy. 

Thanks,

Archonious 

How do you know that the risk of cargo lose is nearly 100%? Where did you pull that number from, so you say it's impossible for someone with a cheap ship to safely transport stuff? In that case i have to disagree and refer to the players ability to circumvent the risks

How do you know that the risk of cargo lose is nearly 100%? Where did you pull that number from, so you say it's impossible for someone with a cheap ship to safely transport stuff? In that case i have to disagree and refer to the players ability to circumvent the risks

Ask friend to destroy your ship. Friend take cargo and open it.

Lose = ships price. Income = Cargo price. Simple, lol

If I know the average price of cargo and now average price of my ship, you need to have primary school math knowledge to count how to get more xD What a silly question

Ask friend to destroy your ship. Friend take cargo and open it.

Lose = ships price. Income = Cargo price. Simple, lol

If I know the average price of cargo and now average price of my ship, you need to have primary school math knowledge to count how to get more xD What a silly question

Are you purposely misinterpreting my questions? I asked if you seriously believed in your own 2k vs 5k idea being 100% of the cases. You clearly said earlier that the risk of cargo loss is about 100%, where did you pull that number from? 

Are you purposely misinterpreting my questions? I asked if you seriously believed in your own 2k vs 5k idea being 100% of the cases. You clearly said earlier that the risk of cargo loss is about 100%, where did you pull that number from? 

The same place he pulls all his arguements from.

Written. If customer is greedy and set requirements less than price of cargo (to save money), there is nearly 100% chance cargo will be stolen. Quote: "You may set 5000$-cargo contract with no requirements for 10$ delivery cost. But you need realise risk of cargo lose. It is nearly 100%, IMO."

What is hard to understand? If I want secure cargo, I set requirements and pay for that. My risk going down.

If I don't set or set not enough, to save money, my risk going up.

Math for 10 years kids, seriously.

Where I got "nearly 100% number". If I can take cargo 5000$ on any of my ships, I can do it on 100$ one. And destroy ship to get cargo. This give me 4900$ (if do not count delivery success price I wont get). You need to be idiot, not to steal it (if we speak about average player attitude).