Dwarf star habitable planet

Putting this here since what I'm suggesting is more an effect than anything else. Basically, a planet in the habitable zone of a dwarf star like TRAPPIST. It's tidally locked and therefore has highly diverse climates including a high wind interface between the darkside and light. Visible light is 200% diminished on the light side however though heat is the same as here on Earth.

That would be interesting.

My favorite type of planet is a Vesperian world; a tidally locked planet with an extreme hot side and a cold side. But, there is a ring around the edge which is in eternal twilight, and in that small ring the temperature is just right.

Of course stuff like this would be awesome in Dual Universe; but alas, without temperature effects, there won't be much point.

I think that's one of the things No Man's Sky did right.  They were able to create his biome/planet that drastically changed during the day and night.  Not too mention the sometimes extreme weather conditions that forced you to think on your feet since not every world was a walk in the park.

I've yet to see a tidal locked planet in really any sci-fi game with space exploration.  I hope it could happen in DU.

Speaking of TRAPPIST, isn't that like the find of the century?  Can't wait until we're able to hear more from NASA!

It would have to really add something to the game though. It would need to effect the player in some way.

When the player is in a very cold environment, they need more armor or protection or else they slowly lose visibility from health issues and then maybe faint/die or become very slow then start losing health. Same goes for extreme heat. You would need armor or protection from the extreme heat and if you don't have the suitable protection, then your character's abilities start to temporarily degrade until you faint/die

It would have to really add something to the game though. It would need to effect the player in some way.

When the player is in a very cold environment, they need more armor or protection or else they slowly lose visibility from health issues and then maybe faint/die or become very slow then start losing health. Same goes for extreme heat. You would need armor or protection from the extreme heat and if you don't have the suitable protection, then your character's abilities start to temporarily degrade until you faint/die

I like the sound of that. Adding things like that would definitely add to the immersion in the long run. Ideally too, such a system would be pretty easy to implement based on biome and the players inventory

I think that's one of the things No Man's Sky did right.  They were able to create his biome/planet that drastically changed during the day and night.  Not too mention the sometimes extreme weather conditions that forced you to think on your feet since not every world was a walk in the park.

I've yet to see a tidal locked planet in really any sci-fi game with space exploration.  I hope it could happen in DU.

Speaking of TRAPPIST, isn't that like the find of the century?  Can't wait until we're able to hear more from NASA!

As long as NASA doesn't keep banning people's Reddit accounts for asking simple questions. Also yeah, that would be cool to have in DU, tidal locked planets, we could call them "ring worlds" and I also hope there is weather and climate on planets.