The beginning

Psycoabc

In alpha? Yes

In beta? Probably

At release? No. Cause you know, I and many others will only care for their friends and not so much about strangers

To add on to this:

Alpha: Yes, check out Alpha Academy. It is a group of people who have alpha access and will dedicate ourselves to helping others.

Beta: Somewhat. Alpha Academy will probably still be around helping people out, but most of the larger orgs will probably be practicing functioning on their own.

Release: Not really. There will be plenty of guides and I'm sure most people will be willing to offer a helping hand to new players, but the main focus will be for groups to get a foothold in the world which will naturally breed lots of competition. 

Not to mention, having that many people spawning at the same time in the same place will create a lot of fighting and (virtual) violence.  

Not to mention, having that many people spawning at the same time in the same place will create a lot of fighting and (virtual) violence.  

Outside the safezone there will be fighting and violence.  Inside there will be more indirect competition. Regardless, it will be glorious.

In the end, group mentalities will likely dominate. To be expected.

If I have an organization or alliance, I'll focus on them instead and then anyone else. In short, likely countless groups will try to get off the rock and find a place on their own out there - and then there'll likely be public projects to establish transportation off-world initially before other things and infrastructure get established.

In the end, group mentalities will likely dominate. To be expected.

If I have an organization or alliance, I'll focus on them instead and then anyone else. In short, likely countless groups will try to get off the rock and find a place on their own out there - and then there'll likely be public projects to establish transportation off-world initially before other things and infrastructure get established.

I have to agree with Warden on this - The needs of your own, outweigh the needs of others who, more than likely, do nothing to assist your goals. To quote an old saying, You need to have your own house in order first. 

Indeed, while orgs like Alpha Academy are there to help people, the main goal is till the end of beta, Alpha Academy has members of various different orgs coming together to test out the game but when release comes, they will put their and their group's interests first and so you can expect a lot of competition even on release with each org trying to get out of the planet, developing the fastest and gaining power before others.
While the goal of having players cooperate together, not fighting is good on paper, it is unrealistic and in my opinion quite boring. Political games, direct warfare, sabotage, espionage are quite a big factor in a game like DU and I think it will be as kurock put it "glorious". 

Those beginning days will be priceless... Literally, like so valuable. It'll be the only time in the game's history that the circumstances will be as they are then; forever after things will be different, and anyone who is there at the beginning of the game, when there is nothing, will have elite status forever.

Those beginning days will be priceless... Literally, like so valuable. It'll be the only time in the game's history that the circumstances will be as they are then; forever after things will be different, and anyone who is there at the beginning of the game, when there is nothing, will have elite status forever.

They will. Those who are there, in those moments, will be able to tell of them forever. Not many people get the chance to be there for the birth of a new world.