Peaceful zone

Psycoabc

Safe zones will be far and few in-between. The only safe zone at launch will be the area around the Arkship.

There are plans to add more safe-zones into the game later in the form of activate-able tokens or some other method.

Good luck with getting a bunch of online strangers to agree to safe zones. The only safe zones not defined by NQ will be very large market places and resources the community as a whole define as very valuable. When you have a very valuable station or building or service, then everyone loses out if it gets attacked which will keep it mutually safe.

Sorry to ruin your dream but it would be extremely boring in the long run. There will be a large safe zone at the arkship followed by other zones elsewhere. You should be able to see space battles just fine anywhere there is people with space ships in the future anyways.

Short Answer: No.

Long(ish) Answer: This will basically make the game very boring. This will allow corporations to basically never get attacked and will turn the game in a to a grindfest.

There WILL be markets controlled by a powerful faction to prevent wars and battles and little skirmishes.

TL:DR, Bad Idea.

I am going to be a npc of the game and build stuff in the peaceful zone, then invite players to interact and go on quests I designed

I would just like to point out that "npc" means "non-player character", so technically you can't be an npc, but still I look forward to seeing what kind of roleplaying content you make :)

I think that the others have filled the black hole of yours, but I have to note something.

Spacezones can be made by players in the way of societybuilding and huge player conzentration.

To make hard words simple. When someone starts building a markets do they also make a conecttionpoint. Players from the whole region may find there way there. A smart marketowner will either hire a personale army or recrive help from a mighty organization. In both cases. A smart market owner (s) insure security around and in the market. The bigger market the more security. The more security the more trade. The more trade the more people. The more people less pirats. So after some times will hopefully many "safe" zones occure.