the Unnamed warehouse safe depot

El_Nadie

First of all, I want to say hello to everyone. I were lurkering the forum since I backed the kickstarter, but due to lack of time and inspiration (and a bit of shame to be honest) I never did it.
I have some ideas to play the game in my own way (ofcourse with some people at my side) And recently I ended to watch/read everything at devblog and read some points to guide my ideas (looking at you @lethys, @captaintwerkmotor and your emergent gameplay)

Well, after this short introduction of myself I will show you my ORG the Unnamed warehouse safe depot.

Unnamed Warehouse (UW)

Our primary goal is to provide the galaxy with storage facilities, meaning that we will have a depot to everyone who needs one, ORGs or individuals. This warehouse will work more like safe deposit boxs. I know many users may think, why would we use this kind of service when we can build a pretty saffer depot in the starting/ark safe zone? the answer was easy to me in 3 points: discreetness, privacy and logistics. 

We will protect the identity of our customer the same way we will protect the nature of what we were ensuring:
 - We don't care about who are you, you want a depot so we offer you one. You pay it, then you get it.
 - We don't care about what are you going to store in. And we don't want to know it.
 - We are planning to be the safest place in the game.

While you are paying we will grant the next services:
 - Privacy, Meaning that we can schedule you visit to never be viewed by others.
 - We offer you private docks to your cargoship
 - You will have an individual depot-room where you will enter alone.
 - The security of your things may vary depending on how much you pay, where we offer diferent security acces (i.e. you do not need to pay the uber security when you are only saving your recently mined resources, or accumulatting for a merchant fleet or a major cargo ship)
 - We offer a dock to exchange currency and goods between ORGs in a neutral and safe zone.

Once we grow enough, we plan to expand the services in the way of offering logistics to transport cargos and safety rooms where you could have secret meetings in a high security place.

I only want to add some things before the end:

I am actually open to have some partners (help! I can't do it alone!) but due to the nature of this business I think we will be only a few running the ORG, but hiring a lot of people to keep the secure thing, including in that part members from others ORGs or outlaws/bounty hunters.
We will keep neutral, and we need a nice spot to be a really usefull warehouse, so we need to be in contact with the others ORGs . If this grow big enough you will have news from me.
I expect to be able to run kind of safe box via DRMS and a huge number of automatic weapons pointing at your head, I really hope loads of rare and precious shit were stored at my facilities and loads of "pirates" would dream about surpass our defenses...so any feedback would be very appreciated

This is a great idea and definitely something that will be useful in the game. I see something like this being designed around off-shore bank account style, no questions asked. 

Saying that I have a couple questions. Will it be a monthly, weekly, in game time, yearly, or one time payment. Will there be tiers of payment? (i.e. pay 200 get storage for 100 units and minimum security, pay 500 get 300 units and medium security). And lastly, is your name Unnamed Warehouse or are you trying to fill in the "Unnamed" part?

Again good luck, should be cool when game releases.

Cheers

i mean, whats safer than a giant box building in the safe zone? 

This alternative method provides the following:

- Box doesn't care about who you are, Box offers a safe depot. You make it once, you never pay again for unlimited uses.
 - Box is inanimate,so it doesn't know, or care whats inside.
 - Box is in the safest place in the game.
 - Box can't offer vulnerabilities of spying on what you have, Box is a box.
 - Box can't out of nowhere make itself independent and steal your stuff, Box is a box owned by YOU!
 - Box doesn't need fancy guns to protect its shell, Box has the developers protect it as long as Box is in safezone.
 - Box is smart, be like box.

Well, finally got time to answer:

Well, this problem of security has an easy alternative: Vanguard. If you ever need extra security forces to protect the depots, don't hesitate to contact us, as we will consider all tasks, no matter how mundane, and if our members say yes, then we've got you covered

I will take note of that and we will keep you in mind.

Thanks for your post.

This is a great idea and definitely something that will be useful in the game. I see something like this being designed around off-shore bank account style, no questions asked. 

Saying that I have a couple questions. Will it be a monthly, weekly, in game time, yearly, or one time payment. Will there be tiers of payment? (i.e. pay 200 get storage for 100 units and minimum security, pay 500 get 300 units and medium security). And lastly, is your name Unnamed Warehouse or are you trying to fill in the "Unnamed" part?

Again good luck, should be cool when game releases.

Cheers

You are right, we are planning to be like that off-shore style but loans and and that kind of banks things would be out of our business at least at the begin. About the payments I'm thinking in probably monthly, but I hope that the DRMS make the payments fit every need. And as I stated in the post we have different tiers but probably more about security level than storage units.
About the name, for marketing purposes it will be Unnamed Warehouse. 

Hope to have answered your questions.

Good idea, will follow it closly

Good luck! There will definitely be a need for this.

So its like the swiss banks xD I am quite excited about it and will follow it closely :)

Thanks for that kind welcome. 

i mean, whats safer than a giant box building in the safe zone? 

This alternative method provides the following:

- Box doesn't care about who you are, Box offers a safe depot. You make it once, you never pay again for unlimited uses.
 - Box is inanimate,so it doesn't know, or care whats inside.
 - Box is in the safest place in the game.
 - Box can't offer vulnerabilities of spying on what you have, Box is a box.
 - Box can't out of nowhere make itself independent and steal your stuff, Box is a box owned by YOU!

I have to say that is the reply i am waiting for, so I will try to revocate your points:

-> Your Box is in a very public area, and probably you have a limited storage units due to the limitations of space (just a supposition) and your skill to build and maintain your Box.

- Box is inanimate,so it doesn't know, or care whats inside. +  - Box is in the safest place in the game.

->  I could be wrong, but safe areas means you can't die, but imagine they implement any kind of skill like hack to open boxes or just like other games where you can't own a Box if it's out of your territory meaning that your Box is free to give their inside to any strange who touch it properly. Plus some bad guys could follow you until you leave this safe area and then...I suppose you know how could it end.

- Box can't offer vulnerabilities of spying on what you have, Box is a box. +  - Box can't out of nowhere make itself independent and steal your stuff, Box is a box owned by YOU!

->  I will again do some suppositions but about this two points but I hope that the DRMS prevent all of this, so you have to trust in the DRMS system not in the Organization

- Box doesn't need fancy guns to protect its shell, Box has the developers protect it as long as Box is in safezone.

->As said before, I think safe zones only prevent you from death, but not from the interactions with other players. And I hope safe zone =/= fair zone. This is a MMO and the game must push player to fly away from this starter zone.
->To end I want to add your Box is not it a strategic position, your Box is rooted to a starter zone probably far away from your home base, or your mining zone. As said in my first post our 3 points (discreetness, privacy and logisticsmake a perfect answer to make our choice against your Box :)

Really appreciate your time to write, and hopefully also to read my answer.

I agree with Lights that it might make more sense for a group to build and maintain there own storage system in the safe zone, but as people move away from the safezone that may become less feasible, hence the need for a group like this. 

I think there are enough reasons to not have some goodies in your home base, the same way banks or warehouses far from head industry exists. 

Again thanks for your contribution.

• 1 month later...
Hello everyone!

With the recent updates at the devblog about RDMS I can now update also some services we will offer:

• We know that tags may be used as keys to grant access and also may be scheduled to expire, so we plan to rent from offices to simple storage units with your only tag.
  • NEW! We grant high tech security systems to our doors and devices plus a real guy to identificate you, we will take care no one will play with your tags with us.**this kind of services may have special clauses in the contract and would have a higher price.**
  •  I have received some questions about prices and rates. In the way we dont know what are you going to stock we are going to generate prices in concordance to the storage units you need and the protection level you want. We have to make clear at this point that our facilities will need time to be up and running, probably a little bit more than city ORGs, and we will make public our openning. I'm polishing a kind of contract (probably just verbal, or via message) where one point will be that prices / rates will not change in twice the time you have paid.
  • NEW! We now will offer workshops rental! If you are member of an org that is only a crew at a capital ship, still dont have acces to them or just want to create your favourite *insert here your weird item* without any track in your ORG registry. we will offer our workbench for a reasonable price.
 I want to end my post saying I still need a serious partner to manage this. If someone are interested just PM me.

Regards.

• 4 weeks later...

As expected the first page is only reserved for the best, so here is my try to stand there.

Is just a draft of a manifesto to the ORG and hope you enjoy it:

Unnamed Warehouse manifesto

Today, we show the opening the Unnamed Warehouse safe depot.

Today, we can announce there is a safe place out of the starting zone.

You can trust on our services.

We are safe.

With that on mind, we want to share with us our economic model, where we are only care about the place where you are depositing your valuables and we will never focus on your status or your job meanwhile you are able to pay your storage units. And dont forget our premises:

Logistics.

Privacy.

Security.

This place will be spotted at a strategic point probably far away from the starting area, in that way we are going to be the next safe area where you can save your items. No worries if they are the rarest metal you found and you want to have it in a high security place until you can refine it to use in your new starships, to place your ship when your partner comes to transport you somewhere or if it Is only some ores you are saving until your security charge to take; We guarantee the security of your deposit.

With our security.

With this protection.

With your trust.

Because we think all of these things worth our time, we will grow big enough to offer you our services as soon as the ships begin colonizating new areas. We will offer more than a place, a feeling maybe, we offer security off the markets and politics.

We are the Unnamed Warehouse.