NQ-Nunc

GDC 2017 Meetup RSVP Information

Novaquark will be attending the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco from February 28 – March 3 and we’d love to meet our fans!

You’re invited to a special event in San Francisco, CA on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 7pm Pacific time. Our Founder and Creative Director JC Baillie will be giving a live demo of Dual Universe and talking about the progress of the game and answering your questions. 

Come out and meet JC, your fellow community members and Dual Universe backers. Be among the first to see the game you are helping to create!

While we’d love to invite every one of our incredible backers, space is extremely limited for this event. So tickets will be ‘first come, first served.’  To be as fair as possible to all our great backers, we ask you follow a few simple guidelines to give everyone a fair chance to attend.

• Please RSVP only if you are 100% certain you can attend.
  • You must RSVP to attend. No “walk ups”. We’re sorry, but space is very limited.
  • If, for any reason, you cannot attend after you have submitted your RSVP, please cancel it as soon as possible so we can make that spot available to someone else. 

We need everyone who can attend to submit their RSVP by February 27. We need a headcount for our caterer and venue. We’ll be providing some light food and those who arrive promptly will enjoy a beverage on us. There will also be a cash bar and the restaurant’s regular menu will be available if you wish to purchase other food or snacks.

Can’t come to San Francisco? Didn’t get an RSVP before they were all gone?
Don’t worry! You can follow along on Facebook Live! We’ll stream the demo, and a Q&A Session with JC live from the event on Facebook. Make sure you’ve liked our Facebook page, so you’ll get a notice when we go live.

Do you want to submit a question for JC and possibly have it answered during the Q&A?
We’ve set up a special topic for you to submit your questions. We’ll choose several questions from those submitted to answer along with those asked live during the event. We’ll even give you a shout out if we use your question.

Ready to RSVP?  Click here to get started: https://www.meetup.com/Novaquark-meetups/events/237580958/

We’re excited to meet you and show you our progress!

Is there going to be a recording of the meeting? i would love to come but my job has me pinned to phoenix arizona on 27-march 2nd

San Francisco, wow that's so close to my moms basement. I am not even going to try and ask my mom, she thinks video games are a huge waist of time so I all ready know the answer :(.

I'm glad you're doing this as a separate event this time :-)

I felt like an awkward fanboy at PAX, this seems like a much more discreet get together suitable for meeting JC and Nunc and discussing the game. 

I hope that we're able to stick around past 9, though, so we can keep talking about the game over drinks. 

I purchased my flight this morning as soon as I read this announcement, I'll be arriving in SFO @ 11am on Tuesday, and flying out Wednesday @ 10am. 

Hey all!

We've made a couple of small changes to the info in the OP. After getting a little feedback from a few of you about the RSVP only for yourselves, we've opened it up to all you to RSVP with a +1.  We have also extended the RSVP window to Monday February 27 at 11:45Pm PST. This should give those of you who need it a chance to better arrange your schedule and make some time to come out and check out the game.

We're very sorry this was unveiled with such short notice, but locking down a venue in San Francisco during GDC is a pretty crazy juggling act!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Nunc

So excited for this event!!! 

You wouldn't happen to have a guest pass to GDC that you are giving out ;)

[it can't hurt to ask]

Haha! Unfortunately no. They can be pricey.

That's why we're not holding the backer/community event at the show, but instead in a nice restaurant near the financial district. No passes needed, just an RSVP. We're even buying a round of drinks and some food. :)

Well, its now that time plus 41 minutes, still can't find the live stream

I'm inpatiently waiting for the livestream as well. Thought I had the date or time mixed up, so I went to look it up again. But it should be online by now.

Quality of the video was a bit rough but yeah, loved the open thinking part when it shows you guys willing to adjust as you go to all those little things that may become a big ones. Looking forward to Alpha and work with you being open same way on community feedback.

And.. well I can't speak for the rest of the community of course ;), but if you are in doubt and delaying alpha release only because you worry about perception and maybe not being not polished yet, scare people off etc. I genuinely believe community is aware of all that. We know is not going to be perfect at this stage, nobody expecting that, but working together (devs and community feedback) we cam make it happen faster.

NQ stand your ground with overall vision, stick to it, we bought into it and we love it. But all that details and amount of them you realized how much of it is still improvisation on the go. And community feedback can only help here. How you going to solve those, what impact it may have etc., you obviously know better having full picture view.

BTW, Currency related to energy! was my point exactly some time ago on this forum. I love this idea and it makes perfect sens.

Keep up good work!

Hi guys, 

We uploaded the video on YouTube. Audio and video quality are not great, that's for sure, but it should still be more convenient to watch this way: 

https://youtu.be/l9gGdOZE_ww

Thanks again to everybody. Your feedback and kind words are a source of motivation! We keep pushing! 

Cheers, 

Nomad

Hi guys, 

We uploaded the video on YouTube. Audio and video quality are not great, that's for sure, but it should still be more convenient to watch this way: 

Thanks again to everybody. Your feedback and kind words are a source of motivation! We keep pushing! 

Cheers, 

Nomad

Is there really no higher quality footage?