NQ-Nunc

Submit your Questions for our GDC Q&A with JC!

Will the construction tools we are given be robust enough to make mech vehicles like in robocraft or will I only be able to make a ship that kinda looks like one and just flies around?

hey guys!

Great questions!! Keep them coming!

I just wanted to drop in and let you know we're going to be closing out submissions on Sunday February 26. We want to have time to compile them, get answers from members of the dev team, and have everything read to go for the even on the 28th. With various people traveling and being in and out of the office, we want to make sure we have the best answers from all the right people.

Nunc

How do you plan on handling aesthetics vs balance in ship building?

Example: If voxel "hulls" are very easy to destroy it will force people to wrap important elements with many many layers of hull. This might lead to cube or sphere shaped ships dominating because it is easy to make sure everything is protected by many layers of hull. The more elaborate and "cool" the ship design is the harder this level of protection is to maintain.

Will ships be more than their cockpit, such as hollowed out insides with functional rooms even while in flight?

Will we be able to have deeply internalized bridges and pipe in video feed from the hull in order for tankier ships that we can still fly?

1. Will there be dust clouds in space or some sort of depth to space. instead of just black with stars?

2. What will space travel be like during long distances? (Visually) (timing) (Speed)

3. I would love to know the count of resources it takes to make something. As well as how much resources do you get from a single targeted mining spot.

this would help orgs to better plan and figure how long it would take to build something and how much man power we need.

4. Is there a limit to how small the voxels will be? ( The smaller the voxels are the more detail we can get on our ships and buildings )

Hello, JC and Dev team.

Q4, will Alpha include constructs:

Pistons

Hinges

Hatch doors

Hanger doors

Steps

Elevators

Ladders

Thank you

Dual Universe is looking amazing, the way the ore scanner glowed

as it swept across and up the trees was beautiful. (edit,edit) Please show it again.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, we're going to close this down so that we can compile and arrange the questions in advance of our event. With so many submissions it's unlikely we will get to all of them, but we will do our best to answer as many as possible.  Thanks for giving us such a rich source of material to work from. We really appreciate it!