Terrain mining and storage.

They have talked about close range material usage. This would basically mean that if you had a pouch bot following you to increase your storage by using the bot as a quick, mobile backpack, if within a certain range, you can pull from the bot without having to approach it and walk back and forth between building site and storage unit

That's true. I was quite excited when JC mentioned that. It would be very cool to have drones that can follow you to carry things. 

You could have mini shopping carts for stores

I think drones would probably be better suited for interplanetary transport. I mean, imagine this. You're traveling and then you come across a fleet of drones transporting large quantities of supplies for work projects with maybe a couple armed transports ensuring their safety. 

Or maybe you see a number of tankers carrying liquid fuel to an area over a desolate route that no one would normally travel. It's a very interesting sight and I think we could be benefited with such.

I think drones would probably be better suited for interplanetary transport. I mean, imagine this. You're traveling and then you come across a fleet of drones transporting large quantities of supplies for work projects with maybe a couple armed transports ensuring their safety.

Or maybe you see a number of tankers carrying liquid fuel to an area over a desolate route that no one would normally travel. It's a very interesting sight and I think we could be benefited with such.

Someone order twenty tactical warheads? We are going to "drop" them over here.

Someone order twenty tactical warheads? We are going to "drop" them over here.

I saw an interview on youtube with JC about that, they will add limits to make sure you cant make huge unmanned torpedoes like that, but I guess if you can make a drone and have automatic defenses that would be nukes, that would work?

Anything is possible. If it is something they implement then I will pioneer a new era of space travel and build a ship out of wood. If I were to reinforce the wood and coat it in water resistant paint, maybe a nice dark brown, then finish it off by using only the finest of water resistant wood glue, I can build it to be water resistant so it won't rupture. Using this paint would also solve the problem with flaking as water resistant paint has a soft, rubbery cover that stays on top of the wood instead of being absorbed in like normal paint. Solved all my problems ;)  http://www.evergreenmuseum.org/the-spruce-goose

even if it survives the harshness of space, it can't possibly survive battle or an attack, once your defenses/weapons are destroyed then your wooden ship will be turned into charcoal. You should at least reinforce it with metal.