Who else cant wait till the alpha release!

Arthmael

For some reason this made me think of that Tom Cruise movie with the tag line "Live, Die, Repeat."

Play. Test. Report.

Play. Test. Report.

Play. Test. Report.

Epic action montage plays in background, to the tune of intense music.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to seeing what types of monstrously terrible ships I can construct, and see if I can resurrect the mighty CLANG (all of the Space Engineers veterans will know what I'm talking about). Gotta get those ship building mechanics all ironed out!

I am very excited, mostly because I am curious about how the game will feel when you play it. Is it like eve, Entropia, an average MMO, or is it completely different?

I hope I'll be able to get Beta access after Alpha comes out, as I won't have money to spend until I get a job in the summer. Maybe if the Alpha comes out late enough I'll be able to get in, but I'm not sure if I even want in on the Alpha, or if I should wait for the Beta where things are a bit less buggy and more refined.

I hope I'll be able to get Beta access after Alpha comes out, as I won't have money to spend until I get a job in the summer. Maybe if the Alpha comes out late enough I'll be able to get in, but I'm not sure if I even want in on the Alpha, or if I should wait for the Beta where things are a bit less buggy and more refined.

To be honest, there is no real incentive to actually join the alpha than to be a part of the group. It'll be fun but the beta will have more developments and will have some refined mechanics that are more balanced. I don't really think you'd mind either one though, as the gameplay will probably have continuous fun.

However, if you do join the alpha, let me know. I'd enjoy seeing a master strategist in game. 

DU are using Bots to test the servers, I am willing to be a replacement Bot to one of their programed ones.

I'm sure I'm cheaper to run than a programme, I could "test" their game now ;)

the bad thing is using bots isnt all that effective its helps a lil but yea : )

the bad thing is using bots isnt all that effective its helps a lil but yea : )

That depends on what they are testing. Right now they are mostly testing server stability and rendering and for that they need thousands of connections who are in the proper position in the game world (like spread out and walking around or in a tight circle or walking on a ship). Bots work best for that. Also bots don't do unexpected things, so they can focus them on one particular behavior at a time. Once they have those basic things up and running they can start testing for unexpected events and behaviors which is where the people come in, for alpha and beta.

I'll just make a comment. This will be great in September, hopefully.

I really want to see the ideas people have for this game come true. It will be fantastic if this happens.

I second to this. I'm really excited, mainly because of the extreme enthusiasm and dedication that this community has already shown!

• 2 weeks later...

Rest assure if I get lucky to get my hands on an Alpha release I will test every nook and crony of the game engine. I will take two weeks vacation I still am owed from my job and spend entire days do nothing but test the limits. Then I'll proceed to build the first form of mass-production.

• 2 weeks later...

Good. I plan on upgrading to gold too when I have the money. I know I will sound like a selfish dick saying this, BUUUT hopefully they wait 2 months before they release the alpha so I can get in.

I think they are releasing the Alpha in september. They said that in one of their Youtube videos. :)