Who else cant wait till the alpha release!

Arthmael

Welcome aboard, hopefully your interest keeps up for a couple of months more until we get to even test the game. 

Seems like you made this topic in slightly wrong subforum, the Arkship Pub is the preferred meet & greet place. But that is an honest mistake and even easier to make when excited.

Ask away if there is a need, thought I bet most questions already have an answer if you have the patience to look for them. Dual Universe FAQ/Sources and DU wiki are excellent starting points. 

hey all, i have been following since the game was announced on kickstarted, could not back then but i made up for it today, grabbed me a gold membership so WOOT!! now give us the ALPHA!!! i wanna play so bad lmao!

oh i know the pain or alpha gameplay, i also back StarCitizen and many other alpha games!

I don't want to destroy your dreams about playing but this won't be like "early access". Most likely you will only be able to do certain things, no progress is made because of wipes and servers are only up for 2-3 days a week.

Nonetheless: good to see a new face and welcome to the community

yea i realize that after i made the post :P my bad, but yea i have read alot since i actually went ahead with the purchase, as i said i have been following the game since they announced it but only now have i been able to purchase. i am somewhat sad that they are going with a subscription model but at the same time happy, plus since i got the gold i get about 2 years or sub anyhow :P that should be plenty to be able to really see what happens and hopefully they dont go free to play.

I fell like you are expecting a early access like game. In which case do not go into this expecting even close to a finished/playable  game. Many important features will be missing, the servers will be whipped constantly and the servers will probably be down a lot. Also gold is not a membership its a pledge. 

oh i know the pain or alpha gameplay, i also back StarCitizen and many other alpha games!

yea i realize that after i made the post :P my bad, but yea i have read alot since i actually went ahead with the purchase, as i said i have been following the game since they announced it but only now have i been able to purchase. i am somewhat sad that they are going with a subscription model but at the same time happy, plus since i got the gold i get about 2 years or sub anyhow :P that should be plenty to be able to really see what happens and hopefully they dont go free to play.

Good. I plan on upgrading to gold too when I have the money. I know I will sound like a selfish dick saying this, BUUUT hopefully they wait 2 months before they release the alpha so I can get in.

Yeah, this is gonna be a good ol' timer of an Alpha. I would not be surprised if the first month of testing was to make sure the servers don't behave like impromptu grills.

But hey, once they figure that part out, we'll be able to test the Alpha, in all its buggy glory :D

Also keep in mind that alpha is for testing everything. So that means writing in bug reports and helping NQ find them. And suggesting how they could go about improving it. A lot of people seem to think that Alpha is simply early access and they will have a great time mucking around with friends. Not saying you wouldn't have fun.

Also keep in mind that alpha is for testing everything. So that means writing in bug reports and helping NQ find them. And suggesting how they could go about improving it. A lot of people seem to think that Alpha is simply early access and they will have a great time mucking around with friends. Not saying you wouldn't have fun.

What he said and also, if you find an abuse of the game's mechanics, keep abusing it to see if it's fixed, or if the code logic patch the devs put onto it didn't work thoroughly.

Alphas are for breaking the game until the Devs can make it break-proof. :P

What he said and also, if you find an abuse of the game's mechanics, keep abusing it to see if it's fixed, or if the code logic patch the devs put onto it didn't work thoroughly.

Alphas are for breaking the game until the Devs can make it break-proof. :P

Definitely. The Alpha period is going to be almost as much work as it will be fun. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Well, "can't wait" is a bit of an oxymoron really, considering you (and any one of us) has absolutely zero alternative courses of actions to waiting. So either one can, indeed wait, or.... I don't know..... join ISIS? Though even that wouldn't change anything.

Well, "can't wait" is a bit of an oxymoron really, considering you (and any one of us) has absolutely zero alternative courses of actions to waiting. So either one can, indeed wait, or.... I don't know..... join ISIS? Though even that wouldn't change anything.

lol nice one.

Except that you are incorrect. 

I actually can't wait, so I don't. I play this game in my dreams.

hey all, i have been following since the game was announced on kickstarted, could not back then but i made up for it today, grabbed me a gold membership so WOOT!! now give us the ALPHA!!! i wanna play so bad lmao!

Me. I can't wait.

The offer of being one of the in game bots still here.....DU

Definitely. The Alpha period is going to be almost as much work as it will be fun. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

"OH YEAH!", I yell as the anticipation becomes unbearable waiting for DU alpha to load.  What am I going to try first ... resource gathering, exploring, design, so much stuff to do!

Game loads and I wake in the Ark but then .... my toon can't move. Bug report sent and wait for bug to be fixed.

Ok now fixed days later, anticipation boils again and YAY! my toon is walking around the ark.  Time to explore the world. Toon steps off ark and game crashes.  Bug report sent.

Days later bug fixed .....

"OH YEAH!", I yell as the anticipation becomes unbearable waiting for DU alpha to load.  What am I going to try first ... resource gathering, exploring, design, so much stuff to do!

Game loads and I wake in the Ark but then .... my toon can't move. Bug report sent and wait for bug to be fixed.

Ok now fixed days later, anticipation boils again and YAY! my toon is walking around the ark.  Time to explore the world. Toon steps off ark and game crashes.  Bug report sent.

Days later bug fixed .....

Exactly ...