Racing Gate Elements

Ripper

It WOULD be nice to have an area to talk about LUA scripting without naysayers saying "that'll never work", "not in the initial release", or "just hire a dozen guys to stand around 24x7 and watch ships fly by."

As twerk already said, it's YOUR org so when you say "we race from 2-4pm pst" then that's it. You can always hire ppl from other timezones.

I just stated that such gates probably aren't in the game from the start and that I would organise the whole thing manually and go from there once you know what can be achieved with the game at release. Can't see a bad whats bad on that.....

Because I hate working for nothing when I realise that all my plans and pre-assembled code won't work because it's not supported. But that's just me, do whatever you want and when you decide to go that way with a lot of work then do it - idc.

It WOULD be nice to have an area to talk about LUA scripting without naysayers saying "that'll never work", "not in the initial release", or "just hire a dozen guys to stand around 24x7 and watch ships fly by."

Some people seem to think the forums are like a game of Whack-a-mole.

Every post has to be smashed down immediately as a show of dominance.

It is too bad every discussion has to be buried in four pages of argument.  But i guess it takes some people twenty posts to properly express their disapproval of an idea.   :ph34r:

Every post has to be smashed down immediately as show of dominance.

It is too bad every discussion has to be buried in four pages of argument.  But i guess it takes some people twenty posts to properly express their disapproval of an idea.   :ph34r:

So, you mean to say that a forum, a place for discussion, should not be a place where people display their arguements on a subject, but... not?

Every post has to be smashed down immediately as show of dominance.

It is too bad every discussion has to be buried in four pages of argument. But i guess it takes some people twenty posts to properly express their disapproval of an idea. :ph34r:

A yeah. That's why there's a forum to discuss things... You don't have to agree to other opinions but at least accept that different people have different opinions. If you can't, then you clearly have no idea what a forum is about. I'm sure twerk can give you some linguistic update of the word

Agreed Atmosph3rik!

Unfortunately, you cant discuss anything in a productive manner without having a handful of posters crap all over the thread.

Still can't see why my opinion is not productive, as you have no idea what will be implemented. But I'll leave it at that

Still can't see why my opinion is not productive, as you have no idea what will be implemented. But I'll leave it at that

What was your opinion again?  Maybe i missed where you added anything at all to the discussion.

Well if the devs don't implement something like that (which most likely won't happen for release), then you have to simply take times with good old clocks and rely on players acting as referees. You simply can't assume that every bit of block, voxel, technology or possible script for such races will be implemented. That's why I would plan for a 100% manual system and a rule set which covers this. You can work from there and come up with maybe more and more ideas on how to use actual game mechanics to automate certain stuff.

But assuming that everything should be possible from the start is just overbearing

All you did was say no to someone else's idea.  As if it's your place to play gatekeeper.  And then insult someone by calling them Overbearing.

Add something to the discussion.  Or don't, i don't care.

But the forums don't need you and twerk deciding what is and isn't a valid suggestion.

What was your opinion again?  Maybe i missed where you added anything at all to the discussion.

All you did was say no to someone else's idea.  As if it's your place to play gatekeeper.  And then insult someone by calling them Overbearing.

Add something to the discussion.  Or don't, i don't care.

But the forums don't need you and twerk deciding what is and isn't a valid suggestion.

Ok, so the forum doesn't need you either - calling out on a reasonable suggestion (to wait on what is implemented and then work from there) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Because it makes no sense. A Parsec doesn't define time but distance

I know :)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kessel_Run

The Kessel Run was a hyperspace route[1] used by smugglers and unscrupulous freighter captains to move spice from the spice mines of Kessel at the behest of the Pyke Syndicate, who relied on the foolhardy Kessel Runs to deliver the illicit substance to their customers.[2]. The route involves several extreme changes in velocity in order to jump to, and drop out of, light speed with the minimum time spent out of hyperspace while making drops, pick ups or tight turns. It was therefore the source of much bragging between smugglers. The time to perform the run proved too difficult to arbitrate (due to the highly relativistic distances involved) but a fierce competition developed nonetheless, for the pilot and ship able to make the run while covering the shortest overall distance demonstrating the most adept maneuverability and pilotage.[source?]Han Solo, captain of the Millennium Falcon, made the infamous run in less than 12 parsecs,[3] breaking a long-held record.[1]