Feedbackthread - "Looking for Organization Thread"

Warden

I'm kinda hoping for it, hence the (in)official thing.

I have yet to request it, but it shouldn't be a problem I think. In the other forum (given the posting frequency in organization threads) it wouldn't even work if it wasn't pinned.

First off, great idea Warden! Will be really useful for many people.

A thing that sticks out if you look at the community page is that there are orgs that are very organized and bureaucratic like the TU, while other orgs may solely consist because players don't want that kind of playing after organised patterns and just have fun and do that they fell like, i.e. Raptor Squad.
So how about adding a point concerning the level of bureaucracy into the form? Might be important for some players.

First off, great idea Warden! Will be really useful for many people.

A thing that sticks out if you look at the community page is that there are orgs that are very organized and bureaucratic like the TU, while other orgs may solely consist because players don't want that kind of playing after organised patterns and just have fun and do that they fell like, i.e. Raptor Squad.

So how about adding a point concerning the level of bureaucracy into the form? Might be important for some players.

Thanks, I'll try to work it into the form somehow.

The most general terms would probably be "Casual - hardcore" ... or one could add a specific point about bureaucracy, but it would seem a bit ... exotic, so maybe keeping it simple may be better.

Keep in mind you can still mention many many aspects as part of your organization ad or message, including a higher level of bureaucracy or 'structure'.

Next edit this evening (GMT +1) or within a day.

A way to keep this thread cleaner would be to get the recruitment officers pm the person looking for an org instead of replying here. And then the person being recruited would edit their post to say taken.

Edit: oops, ignore all that. I'm blind

• 7 months later...

This is really a well thought out and structured idea to simplify recruitment on the forum.

However I doubt that it’s going to see much usage, due to the fact that only a small fraction of players actually register to the forum. The few people who post on the forum especially to get themselves recruited mostly don’t read much other topics beforehand, or want to do a more free introduction of themselves. So even if the post is pinned, it might be ignored by newcomers.

However I agree that the current organization recruitment system might is very limited, and a centralized job board would definitely help new players and orgs.

Maybe NQ can integrate your forum-post as a template for a future job board on the community portal. They would just need to add another tab for people looking for orgs, in addition to the already existing tab of orgs looking for people...

This should not be too hard to implement, it would be enough if newcomers could fill out the template, which is then automatically deleted after 1 week to not overcrowd the job board. Also if the player joins an org on its own the post should also be automatically deleted.

>No moderation from mods necessary. ;)

This is more relevant once the game picks up speed, so it might be far into alpha/beta  before NQ will implement this… But I definitely hope it’s on their roadmap.