SINGLEPLAYER?

FangeHaux

Well, maybe it's something that should be considered as an option, that's what I'm saying in my post, a single player area offline would be useful.

I was under the impression a forum was for constructive opinions, ideas and discussion, I feel like you're just throwing down 'dev facts' at me for the hell of it with the underlying point of 'nope it can't happen because it just can't'.

I mean there is no reason it can't happen, we already know a simulated game instance can be hosted on a computer, it's not a difficult task to make it an option it's entirely up to NQ's prerogative.

They already consider that idea with that online creative mode.

Plus you have to consider way more than just ,it should be considered':

- will those people playing SP log in to the MMO part or just stay in SP? So the online part loses all players who don't want to interact with the community at all. Even if it's only a small percentage, it's bad imho

- will those SP players still P2P?

- with this creative mode: do we get player zombies standing around in the ark zone, not interacting, because they build something?

It's like talking to unimaginative robots on these forums.

So much for the 'ideas box' forums, say anything, get an automated support ticket response.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Trying to make a point and defend an idea against a bunch of people you do not know can be intimidating. If you look around, there are a lot of very lively and nuanced debates going on. However, some points are less open to interpretation as they have been specifically stated by the developers. For example, the developers have explicitly stated how the payment structure (subscription) will work. Sometimes people come along and suggest that the game should be free for various reasons, and sometimes they even manage to make one or two good points (among all the other bad ones). But whatever their argument, the point is irrelevant as the developers have spoken. And although the community's opinion is important, the developers get the final say. So too have they stated that this is an online-only game, and to suggest otherwise would be like suggesting that they make the Civilization series into a first person shooter or add machine guns to For Honor. That would just make it a different game entirely. 

Plus, this game is made by a small company who currently have no source of revenue other than kickstarter and investors. All of their money must go to developing the game that they promised to make, not a separate singleplayer game. Perhaps they will work more on the lone wolf gameplay in the future, but for now a limited, online creative mode is all we are going to get. Personally, I think that is even perhaps too much towards singleplayer. I would be happy if they didn't include it in the game and made R&D into a resource intensive and worthwhile aspect of gameplay. 

I'm sorry you feel that way. Trying to make a point and defend an idea against a bunch of people you do not know can be intimidating. If you look around, there are a lot of very lively and nuanced debates going on. However, some points are less open to interpretation as they have been specifically stated by the developers. For example, the developers have explicitly stated how the payment structure (subscription) will work. Sometimes people come along and suggest that the game should be free for various reasons, and sometimes they even manage to make one or two good points (among all the other bad ones). But whatever their argument, the point is irrelevant as the developers have spoken. And although the community's opinion is important, the developers get the final say. So too have they stated that this is an online-only game, and to suggest otherwise would be like suggesting that they make the Civilization series into a first person shooter or add machine guns to For Honor. That would just make it a different game entirely. 

Plus, this game is made by a small company who currently have no source of revenue other than kickstarter and investors. All of their money must go to developing the game that they promised to make, not a separate singleplayer game. Perhaps they will work more on the lone wolf gameplay in the future, but for now a limited, online creative mode is all we are going to get. Personally, I think that is even perhaps too much towards singleplayer. I would be happy if they didn't include it in the game and made R&D into a resource intensive and worthwhile aspect of gameplay. 

Sure, but there is no problem having a discussion on it. I mean that's kind of the point of a forum.

Making suggestions and giving opinions (whether they would ever come true of not) then being told you don't understand what a single shard MMO is IMO just acting like a douche for the sake of being douche.

Getting close to just blocking such ppl so their eye-rolling drivel is no longer visible.

Sure, but there is no problem having a discussion on it. I mean that's kind of the point of a forum.

Making suggestions and giving opinions (whether they would ever come true of not) then being told you don't understand what a single shard MMO is IMO just acting like a douche for the sake of being douche.

Getting close to just blocking such ppl so their eye-rolling drivel is no longer visible.

Alright. What would you like to discuss about it?

What features do you like about a singleplayer sandbox?

Well I brought up serious concerns about SP and none of them were adressed and discussed. To me, those points kill all arguments about a stand alone SP version, so feel free to prove me wrong

There's a difference between "discussing game features that can be expanded for a quality of life improvement" and then there's "circle-jerking : the art of asking for a feature, then discussing it so much that people drink the Kool Aid and think it's gonna be in the game".

The former is what people do in this community, the latter is No Man's Sky in a nutshell. You are asking for the latter and nobody in this community likes circle-jerking.

You are asking for the latter good sir.

Me and Lethys proved the problem with single-player. It's an MMO, with skill-training timers in mind that will require you and your buddies to play for months to unlock very top-tier cool things. Having a single-player, would be unrealistic for what you want, since you'll need probably thousands of days to unlock ALL the skills on your own - and that's not exaggeration, that's just facts about how the skill training timers work. I also explained to you that having a single-player mode for a free-of-charge, pay-2-play MMO is like asking the Devs to give their work for free. 

And that's the problem, you see facts and reality as "bashing".

There's a difference between "discussing game features that can be expanded for a quality of life improvement" and then there's "circle-jerking : the art of asking for a feature, then discussing it so much that people drink the Kool Aid and think it's gonna be in the game". (Argumentum ad misericordiam)

The former is what people do in this community (Argumentum ad populum), the latter is No Man's Sky in a nutshell (Post hoc ergo propter hoc). You are asking for the latter and nobody in this community (Argumentum ad populum) likes circle-jerking.

You are asking for the latter good sir.

Me and Lethys proved the problem with single-player. It's an MMO, with skill-training timers in mind that will require you and your buddies to play for months to unlock very top-tier cool things. Having a single-player, would be unrealistic for what you want, since you'll need probably thousands of days to unlock ALL the skills on your own - and that's not exaggeration, that's just facts about how the skill training timers work. I also explained to you that having a single-player mode for a free-of-charge, pay-2-play MMO is like asking the Devs to give their work for free (plurium interrogationum)

And that's the problem, you see facts and reality as "bashing" (basically a strawman).

The features that will be in the game can be clearly seen on the DU info page, I can see you have no regard for other ppl, and that in your mind your own inflated ego trumps all else.

A single player instance IS a quality of life improvement for many people, as much as you seem to think you are, or that you're trying to be, you're not the centre of attention here, your ideas are not the crux of opinions. Just because you have decided that you don't like or want a test instance does not mean it's meaningless to everyone else (yes a test instance, as I stated in my posts, something akin to the current tech demo area, which IS possible because it already exists), what is 'quality of life' is relative thanks, it's not your opinion in your apparent delusion of authority. it's actually posters like you that crap all over a forum and turn others off of being here with your nonsense and hyperbole. I've learnt this in 2-3 days... I mean Jesus you even have a twitter poll for it from August... that's some serious douchebaggery you've been committing. 

You have all the tendencies of a narcissistic personality disorder, oh, you "proved" something by just stating the current concepts given by the developers and tossing in some "what, if, hows"... That's not how proof works kid. You think you speak for "the community", you seem to think you're the hero saving the forums from the masses when all you're doing is appearing pretentious and ridiculous given your fallacy laden statements.

All your "issues" are easy, they are not even issues they are details and options that could be utilised if you consider them outside your tiny box, the discussing of which hurts no one and is kind of the point of a forum existing...

Unlocking tech can be parallel with your MMO advancement, or not, it really does not matter because it affects nothing and most people will not be interested in a three planet area for long knowing they can enter the real universe. You seem to think this is a major issue for some reason, it's really not.

A subscription is a subscription I see no reason why a sub is not applied to the game as a whole, no1 is asking for anything free of charge.

And as for Lethys' third question: I would expect there not to be any NPCs, I would expect it to be a private offline segment of the game to text designs and concepts in that ultimately would work the same in the real universe.

I get the impression when you lot say SP, you're assuming the entire universe with NPCs a SP quest and all the other bits as is expected in Squadron 42 for SC, that was not what I stated at all.

The features that will be in the game can be clearly seen on the DU info page, I can see you have no regard for other ppl, and that in your mind your own inflated ego trumps all else.

A single player instance IS a quality of life improvement for many people, as much as you seem to think you are, or that you're trying to be, you're not the centre of attention here, your ideas are not the crux of opinions. Just because you have decided that you don't like or want a test instance does not mean it's meaningless to everyone else (yes a test instance, as I stated in my posts, something akin to the current tech demo area, which IS possible because it already exists), what is 'quality of life' is relative thanks, it's not your opinion in your apparent delusion of authority. it's actually posters like you that crap all over a forum and turn others off of being here with your nonsense and hyperbole. I've learnt this in 2-3 days... I mean Jesus you even have a twitter poll for it from August... that's some serious douchebaggery you've been committing. 

You have all the tendencies of a narcissistic personality disorder, oh, you "proved" something by just stating the current concepts given by the developers and tossing in some "what, if, hows"... That's not how proof works kid. You think you speak for "the community", you seem to think you're the hero saving the forums from the masses when all you're doing is appearing pretentious and ridiculous given your fallacy laden statements.

All your "issues" are easy, they are not even issues they are details and options that could be utilised if you consider them outside your tiny box, the discussing of which hurts no one and is kind of the point of a forum existing...

Unlocking tech can be parallel with your MMO advancement, or not, it really does not matter because it affects nothing and most people will not be interested in a three planet area for long knowing they can enter the real universe. You seem to think this is a major issue for some reason, it's really not.

A subscription is a subscription I see no reason why a sub is not applied to the game as a whole, no1 is asking for anything free of charge.

And as for Lethys' third question: I would expect there not to be any NPCs, I would expect it to be a private offline segment of the game to text designs and concepts in that ultimately would work the same in the real universe.

I get the impression when you lot say SP, you're assuming the entire universe with NPCs a SP quest and all the other bits as is expected in Squadron 42 for SC, that was not what I stated at all.

You can use the english equivalents for the fallacies. Makes it easier to read. Also be careful to not focus only on the fact that its made itself so you dont run into a fallacy fallacy.

I have zero clue on whatever twitter poll you speak of, seriously, I know Australia is an oven at this point, but you lost me with that statement.

Explain how a single-shard MMO like DU, benefits from a singleplayer mode - let alone a singleplayer mode that is meant to run offline, defeating the purpose of those three letters in one go.

Go listen to some of the interviews. Your singleplayer "three planets" example won't work, because the game is built on people being needed to train on learning how to build different components with a training system like EVE's (that takes ACTUAL time to learn skills, real world time, flat timers, whatever you call real world time, even if you are offline, skills train). That means you will never be able to train in singleplayer all the skilsl needed to make as hip, a warp-core, let alone mine all the materials on your own, or even scan them properly. Why? Oh well, because the game is based on people actually doing those tasks as their jobs in-game.

You must be expecting Ark in space, but this game is not Ark in space - for obvious reasons. You clearly think "I smash some NPCs, I unlock laser rifle, I smash some more, I get spaceship eventually". Yeah, it doesn't work like that though and it's not the first time people have assumed that.

The game is about players interacting and COEXISTING with other players (something I bet in Ark you are only okay on doing with your frat-bros and probably just screaming on VoIP to strangers, as it's a quintessential and central part of the game's culture being passive aggressive on any form of communication). You will have to buy items others made, it's in the core of the game's economy - I guess if you bothered to listen to any intterview JC Baillie gave you would have heard of it, it's prominent on their vision of the game that NOBODY will be able to do everything on their own.

You can play the game singleplayer, ignoring the world - and players - around you. You'll end up like the haulers in EVE Online during " Operation : Burn Jita " - totally wrecked and demanding on the forums that the Devs turn the game into SafeSpace Online. Good luck.

And as of what you said, it was : "In Ark we used to just head off into single player and test out designs for things we planned to make on our online server so we were not wasting online time and resources on something that might not go to plan."

See, you'll have to waist time regardless, as you will have to train skills that take real life time ( like 10 real life days to master a low level skill, mastering being optional).

So what? Should everyone that waits for their skill queue be on an offline SP "instance" to design things they will never build in-game because of no resources ( since you made it clear you don't want to PvP in another thread and while you're offline, you won't be mining at all )? See the problem so far? Your singlepleayer idea would only create, at best, an empty server, making Safezones pointless. And there's no "our online server". You play on the same server with everyone else, a single-shard MMO. Your buddies from Australia play with people from EU and US on the same server - which is also why the game is not a simulated FPS combat like Ark, just putting that out there in case there were any misconceptions.

The devs have planned - as people have told you already on this thread - that they have a in-game simulated enviroment for building different designs like "designer studio" in mind, but that's ONLINE. There is NO offline mode. It diffuses the purpose of the game being an MMO.

P.S. : I love how passive aggressive you are. It makes me very happy to see another hypocrite that "hopes the game is not combat oriented"{ but showcases signs of extreme viciousness. I would make the sarcasitc remark that "you are on fire" but given the Australian temperature at this point in time, I would not want to jinx it. Believe it or not, Aussies are the spice of life in EVE and the more of you that fly into DU, the better.

Cheers o7

Naming fallacies doesn't refute the points he made. 

... You refuted your point twice in one post ... Either A. You want a simple singleplayer instance where people can do some test building,  in which case the answer is that is already planned to be in the game or B. you want a full fledged singleplayer experience, in which case the answer is that this is an MMO and doesn't support a multiplayer mode. The developers have been very clear on their intentions and this is not a democracy. What they say goes. 

And while Twerk can be a bit abrasive, he is still one of the most knowledgeable people on the forums since he has participated in almost every discussion ever had here. You said yourself, you have only been here a few days. Most of us have been here months, some of us years, talking about the same game and the same mechanics. This same topic has probably come up 3 or 4 times before, and that's not the OP's fault. People simply commented the facts and referred them to look for the other threads. That's how it works. Same thing happens for the monthly "This game should be free" thread. You assign a god complex to Twerk, and yet here you are preaching about how we shouldn't be able to state facts about the game mechanics because you somehow feel we are morally bound to not disagree with you.

I offered you a chance to point out any things you felt were worth discussing a few posts back, but you seem more interested in defending your honor than your point.

Personally, I don't want singleplayer. I came here for an MMO and I would be very disappointed if they delivered any sort of singleplayer experience. While I cannot speak for anyone else, I imagine the majority of the community here feel similar.

Mechanically, singleplayer couldn't even work. The entire game is based on being run off of a server (and a very specialized server at that) so to have any sort of single player they would either have to pretty much rewrite the entire codebase or run your instance off of the server, which means less server space for the rest of us. Additionally, the gameplay is not designed for a single person to play. Period. It's not like Minecraft where one person can do everything. You need a massive amount of skills to be able to do everything, so to even build a basic ship you are probably looking at a few months REAL TIME to be able to do all of the tasks that are needed to build something. And that's just to build it. But let's assume that someone either actually waited that long or the developers redesigned the game mechanics for SP (a huge waste of dev resources)  and they built a ship and now want to fly it. Being that it is singleplayer, they will be lacking a crew which means that they cannot fly any sort of bigger ship. So basically singleplayer would either be essentially unplayable or it would require a lot of time and effort to make playable. 

TL;DR: This is an MMO and the community wants an MMO. This game would not function as a singleplayer game as it is designed from the ground up as an MMO.

P.S.  As an addendum to what Twerk said: Aussie Siege fleets are the best fleets.

I have zero clue on whatever twitter poll you speak of,

Explain how a single-shard MMO like DU, benefits from a singleplayer mode - let alone a singleplayer mode that is meant to run offline, defeating the purpose of those three letters in one go.

Of course you don't.

it's already there, a prefix does not define a game, at this point I don't think you have the capability to contemplate anything outside your box of hot air.

I don't care about Ark, I don't care about Eve.

Naming fallacies doesn't refute the points he made. 

... You refuted your point twice in one post ... Either A. 

And while Twerk can be a bit abrasive, he is still one of the most knowledgeable people on the forums since he has participated in almost every discussion ever had here.

It makes his "points" if you want to call them that, logically invalid, just because someone can string words into a sentence does not mean it's a plausible point, a refutation does not address the context, and repetition does not make something possess greater value, most of it is dribble, reminds me of a particular world leader atm.

I didn't refute myself, I've never said anything about a fully fledged single player game, that was the assumption you've all decided to go with, I'm not the OP, I stated my own simple concept, go see my 1st post here.

And yes answer A is already planned, which is what I was basically speaking about, making Twerks entire "argument" some sort of self-indulgent delusion, because he's said that it can't happen because of specific choices and referring to such yes/no/maybe decisions as proof but as you said, there is something going on, but we''re not allowed to speak of it because "it's an MMO, it's an MMO, it's an MMO"... it's ridiculous.

If you want him speaking for "the community" in the self-important fashion he does, where people can't even discuss theoretical possibilities without endless posts about 'it's an MMO, therefore it's an MMO' fine, but after looking around, I can see this has been going on for some time, so thanks for helping make the DU community a crappy place to come to for new ppl, I'm sure it will serve you well in the long run, the 3-4 of you that post on 98% of threads will have a wonderful forum together. I feel sorry for NQ.

It makes his "points" if you want to call them that, logically invalid, just because someone can string words into a sentence does not mean it's a plausible point, a refutation does not address the context, and repetition does not make something possess greater value, most of it is dribble, reminds me of a particular world leader atm.

I didn't refute myself, I've never said anything about a fully fledged single player game, that was the assumption you've all decided to go with, I'm not the OP, I stated my own simple concept, go see my 1st post here.

And yes answer A is already planned, which is what I was basically speaking about, making Twerks entire "argument" some sort of self-indulgent delusion, because he's said that it can't happen because of specific choices and referring to such yes/no/maybe decisions as proof but as you said, there is something going on, but we''re not allowed to speak of it because "it's an MMO, it's an MMO, it's an MMO"... it's ridiculous.

If you want him speaking for "the community" in the self-important fashion he does, where people can't even discuss theoretical possibilities without endless posts about 'it's an MMO, therefore it's an MMO' fine, but after looking around, I can see this has been going on for some time, so thanks for helping make the DU community a crappy place to come to for new ppl, I'm sure it will serve you well in the long run, the 3-4 of you that post on 98% of threads will have a wonderful forum together. I feel sorry for NQ.

Okay. Let me rephrase here since you missed my point entirely. You can list all the fallacies you want (heck you can even just copy paste the complete list here) but that doesn't mean that those statements were actually fallacies. You want to dismiss what people say because you think it's a fallacy? You better explain how you think the statements qualify as false. This isn't speech and debate class; you don't get point for just shouting out fallacy names as fast as you can. You have to justify yourself.

You did refute yourself. You say 'let's talk about the possibility of this being a part of the game' and then proceed to point out that it isn't going to be in the game. 

By the way, notice how I keep switching to discussing the mechanics you're interested in? Like you say you want? Twice now I have moved the conversation back to the mechanics:

Alright. What would you like to discuss about it?

What features do you like about a singleplayer sandbox?

Personally, I don't want singleplayer. I came here for an MMO and I would be very disappointed if they delivered any sort of singleplayer experience. While I cannot speak for anyone else, I imagine the majority of the community here feel similar.

Mechanically, singleplayer couldn't even work. The entire game is based on being run off of a server (and a very specialized server at that) so to have any sort of single player they would either have to pretty much rewrite the entire codebase or run your instance off of the server, which means less server space for the rest of us. Additionally, the gameplay is not designed for a single person to play. Period. It's not like Minecraft where one person can do everything. You need a massive amount of skills to be able to do everything, so to even build a basic ship you are probably looking at a few months REAL TIME to be able to do all of the tasks that are needed to build something. And that's just to build it. But let's assume that someone either actually waited that long or the developers redesigned the game mechanics for SP (a huge waste of dev resources)  and they built a ship and now want to fly it. Being that it is singleplayer, they will be lacking a crew which means that they cannot fly any sort of bigger ship. So basically singleplayer would either be essentially unplayable or it would require a lot of time and effort to make playable. 

If you want to discuss this then let's discuss it, but in order to do that you need to stop insulting people and start debating. So I will ask again, for the third and final time (after that I'll just stop caring): What points do you think are important about a singleplayer version of DU that has not yet been covered?

Twerk doesn't speak for the community, and he doesn't think he does either, but he does understand a lot about this game and it's community (as do a hundred other people here), so it is not unreasonable for people to make generalized statements about what people want. Some statements may represent bigger or smaller portions of the community at hand, depending on the topic, but this is one area where most people are very likely in agreement:

This is a Massively Multiplayer Online game and that is what people here are paying for. If you expect it to be something other than what is very clearly printed on the box, then you are going to have a bad day. 

- will those people playing SP log in to the MMO part or just stay in SP? So the online part loses all players who don't want to interact with the community at all. Even if it's only a small percentage, it's bad imho

- with this creative mode: do we get player zombies standing around in the ark zone, not interacting, because they build something?

Void already wrote some more about problems with SP integration (even IF they do it, you wouldn't be able to do anything big)

Ok, obviously you didn't understand my last question. As already debated earlier in some builder thread (or ideas - can't remember) about the "creative mode" when you build (online!) in a safe zone for example: I want to avoid people standing around everywhere, not moving at all, not interacting at all and not doing anything, because they are in that creative mode where they build ships and create blueprints. That's what I meant.

And again:

In Ark we used to just head off into single player and test out designs for things we planned to make on our online server so we were not wasting online time and resources on something that might not go to plan.

I really don't understand that point. DU has no SP planned, so the devs would have to put manpower in it. Why would they do that? where's the benefit of wasting resources?

Test your constructs in that creative mode (they said: possibly later with a little fly simulation)

What does "wasting online time" mean? You waste time anyhow!

Waisting resources in a MMO is the whole point of an economy - if you can't deal with losing 500.000 iron, then don't do it. You won't waste much resources anyway because all you could do in SP would be building small ships because you need people for manning bigger ships.

Plans that don't work lead to HILARIOUS consequences (consequences are the best part about sandboxes)

You can do all that online, I really don't get what benefit you hope for from SP

Of course you don't.

it's already there, a prefix does not define a game, at this point I don't think you have the capability to contemplate anything outside your box of hot air.

So, you mean an MMORPG... is not an MMO... as the prefix doesn't define its genre. Sorry, but, are you trolling? I know this is a way out for you, but at this point, I don't know if you are actively trolling by what you say or if you are indeed just another Ark frat-bro. Go ahead, ignore my points and keep attacking me frat-bro.

I really don't understand that point. DU has no SP planned, so the devs would have to put manpower in it. Why would they do that? where's the benefit of wasting resources?

Test your constructs in that creative mode (they said: possibly later with a little fly simulation)

What does "wasting online time" mean? You waste time anyhow!

Waisting resources in a MMO is the whole point of an economy - if you can't deal with losing 500.000 iron, then don't do it. You won't waste much resources anyway because all you could do in SP would be building small ships because you need people for manning bigger ships.

Plans that don't work lead to HILARIOUS consequences (consequences are the best part about sandboxes)

You can do all that online, I really don't get what benefit you hope for from SP

Guy thinks the game is Ark : Harrassment Evolved, where people will be jumping you left, right and center. Someone needs to link to Carnage what Safeones are - and my ego-trip prevents me from just Control + V the link to him, even though I just did link it a few minutes ago to another fella on Discord. I have no problem with builders, they make the world a lively place, but his "add singleplayer" is just going against the game's core.

As Void pointed out, most of the people in here want an MMO. Not Co-Op multiplayer like Ark, an MMO. Those three letters / prefix do define the game people are here for.

NQ advertsies the game as "MMO redefined". But hey, Carnage wants the talgline to read "MMO Redefined : Play Singleplayer Offline".

I guess it's won't be long before Carnage brings up the age old arguement : "Private servers? It would be a good thing for the game and a way for NQ to generate revenue." 

Carnage, because people do not start a circle-jerk with you, doesn't mean the community is crappy. Look at No Man's Sky, that's a circle-jerk of a quintiliions of stars in proportions. And NQ has already been bludgeoned with the same "this looks like No Man's Sky" comments on Kickstarter for a month straight. They made it clear this game is an MMO and here you come, asking for a single-player, then being angry for people refusing to circle-jerk with you for a seriously unreasonable feature in an MMO.

Of course you don't.

No, just because a fallacy is included it doesn't mean the logic is invalid. It just points out the flaws in argumentation.

Hey Carnage,

I think you'll find that speaking about a couple of topics is like beating a dead horse.  They've been rehashed multiple times, and Novaquark has been very clear on their position.

1.  The payment model.  Don't even think about suggesting an alternative  :)

2.  Single player.  It will never happen (although there has been talk of a "Virtual Construction Mode" to allow you to build to your hearts content)

Some of the aggressiveness stems from the fact that this topic has come up repeatedly in the past.  I would suggest it's "not a hill worth dying on" and move on to other topics.

Sorry..

I will definetly play online but if you force someone to play online they won't be good community members and perhaps they even quit.

I will definetly play online but if you force someone to play online they won't be good community members and perhaps they even quit.

What do you mean by "force to play online"? The game is of the Massively Multiplayer Online genre. It's like saying that the game's main attraction, the MMO part, is what will make people quit.

So, you mean an MMORPG... is not an MMO... as the prefix doesn't define its genre. Sorry, but, are you trolling? I know this is a way out for you, but at this point, I don't know if you are actively trolling by what you say or if you are indeed just another Ark frat-bro. Go ahead, ignore my points and keep attacking me frat-bro.

Guy thinks the game is Ark : Harrassment Evolved, where people will be jumping you left, right and center. Someone needs to link to Carnage what Safeones are - and my ego-trip prevents me from just Control + V the link to him, even though I just did link it a few minutes ago to another fella on Discord. I have no problem with builders, they make the world a lively place, but his "add singleplayer" is just going against the game's core.

As Void pointed out, most of the people in here want an MMO. Not Co-Op multiplayer like Ark, an MMO. Those three letters / prefix do define the game people are here for.

NQ advertsies the game as "MMO redefined". But hey, Carnage wants the talgline to read "MMO Redefined : Play Singleplayer Offline".

I guess it's won't be long before Carnage brings up the age old arguement : "Private servers? It would be a good thing for the game and a way for NQ to generate revenue." 

Carnage, because people do not start a circle-jerk with you, doesn't mean the community is crappy. Look at No Man's Sky, that's a circle-jerk of a quintiliions of stars in proportions. And NQ has already been bludgeoned with the same "this looks like No Man's Sky" comments on Kickstarter for a month straight. They made it clear this game is an MMO and here you come, asking for a single-player, then being angry for people refusing to circle-jerk with you for a seriously unreasonable feature in an MMO.

True, most people want's an MMO but you don't have to attack everyone who doesn't shares you opnion.

By the way the point of the suggestions forum is to share IDEAS. Ideas don't always have to work out properly or be possible at all.

Perhaps the idea wasn't good or something but you should not start a flame war.

You confuse idea with plan.

Uhm, what the hell are you talking about?

You will and HAVE TO play online in the first place.

No one ever will force anyone to play online because this game is online only and everyone knows that.

True, most people want's an MMO but you don't have to attack everyone who doesn't shares you opnion.

By the way the point of the suggestions forum is to share IDEAS. Ideas don't always have to work out properly or be possible at all.

Perhaps the idea wasn't good or something but you should not start a flame war.

You confuse idea with plan.

This is a dead horse, so I'm not going to keep arguing. Please refer to my earlier posts.