Which biomes do you prefer for planets? Poll

Ardour

Which type of planet/biome do you prefer?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of planet/biome do you prefer?

• Tropical and warm. Islands all over.
    • Snowy ice planet. With drifted snow and mountains.
    • Desert hot planet. Drifted sand dunes and extreme hot temps.
    • Forest covered planets. Large trees and grassy terrain.
    • Plains planet. With rolling green hills and cliffsides that have water falls.
    • Mountain terrain. Lakes, Rivers and Snowy peaks and high altitude conditions.
    • Lava fire planets/biomes. With volcanoes and lava flowing throughout the planet/biome.
    • Dusty plain planets/biomes. Contains flat land with dust.
    • Water planets/biomes(most likely not included in-game). Infinite oceans that cover the entire planet.
    • Well developed planets.(Giant cities) With an extreme amount of buildings that makes the planet look like it doesn't have a biome.
    • Jungle biome. With many creatures and trees. Detailed plants.
    • Other - Feel free to explain in comments

Forests are great, conceals movement and allows for semi-covert operation. 

If you know how to go about it. 

Though, mountains are good for building bunkers and tunnel networks, 

however, if you were to have a combination where the entrances to said network would be concealed by the forest, it would be good. 

Definitely a mix of biomes.

A really nice and warm tropical island chain but where the mainland also has some gorgeous, beautiful mountains and expansive countryside. A good place to build those enchanting French chateaus and Greek villas.

I agree, I would love a mix of biomes on each planet, and based on what we have seen so far that seems to be what the developers have in mind. 

While we may prefer the more "decent" regions in reality (depending on what we're used to), in these games the hellish and hostile landscapes attract me.

There's various 'preferences'.

Can include:

- Lava all over and lack of atmosphere and whatnot

- Poisonous, greenish or similar with heavy industrial pollution and active or abandoned factories, mining installations, etc.

- War torn with settlements or cities left over, grey-ish bombed landscape - active fires optional

- Snow biome

The more bizarre and hostile to life or any scanning (with bare eye or technical), the better. I consider that passive defense.

Then again I would just as well roam in the biomes we're used to and chances are those more "lively" biomes will be a more favorable choice for settlements and whatnot, and thus commerce.

Time will tell.

While we may prefer the more "decent" regions in reality (depending on what we're used to), in these games the hellish and hostile landscapes attract me.

There's various 'preferences'.

Can include:

- Lava all over and lack of atmosphere and whatnot

- Poisonous, greenish or similar with heavy industrial pollution and active or abandoned factories, mining installations, etc.

- War torn with settlements or cities left over, grey-ish bombed landscape - active fires optional

- Snow biome

The more bizarre and hostile to life or any scanning (with bare eye or technical), the better. I consider that passive defense.

Then again I would just as well roam in the biomes we're used to and chances are those more "lively" biomes will be a more favorable choice for settlements and whatnot, and thus commerce.

Time will tell.

+1 - I asked OP in discord to add "Alien" as an option. Could easily be "Alien/Hostile" - spacesuits/helmets mandatory, stuff we don't have on Earth. Flying jellyfish trees and ammonia seas etc.

I like variety, both on each planet and between planets.  Planets should contain a number of different biomes, and every planet should be unique in some way.  I hope to visit all of the biomes listed and more.

I think planet's resources should be directly related to it's difficulty

(A fucking sun/gasgiant will obviously have great reserves of gases, while a nice, calm, peaceful planet will have medium amounts of iron.)

Also, I really hope there is a lot of way for nature to kill you in this game.

I love challenges.

While a mix of bioms is always the best solution, an ocean-only planet would surely be extremely interesting. How would people try to live there, what will they do, how would it look under the water surface compared to above it?

While I couldn't care what was on the planet's surface. What matters to me is the minerals and resources beneath. Doesn't matter if its the prettiest landscape, its useless if we can't live off it.

i went other, didnt see multiple biome's. i think planets should have a variety of biome's on them. not loads but look at earth, we have more then one so in game planets should be the same unless in a solar position which makes it barren etc

While I couldn't care what was on the planet's surface. What matters to me is the minerals and resources beneath. Doesn't matter if its the prettiest landscape, its useless if we can't live off it.

Technically your right, but also wrong. You can always gather (or trade) resources on other plants and call the most beautiful planet with no resources your home.

I preference forest and mountains, with a bits of snow...basically earth :P

I chose Desert, I'm not entirely sure why I like deserts so much, but something about having a nice little desert settlement in the middle of the desert seems so comfy. 

Also it reminds me of the show Trigun, which kind of has a similar backstory to the lore of DU, which isn't too surprising since it's a common trope, but it still gives me that Western/Sci-fi feeling.

(Quote isn't editing in) From Astrophil:

"

Definitely a mix of biomes.

A really nice and warm tropical island chain but where the mainland also has some gorgeous, beautiful mountains and expansive countryside. A good place to build those enchanting French chateaus and Greek villas

"

Good ideas here, and when you say a Mix Of Biomes: This poll aims to ask what biome in "the mix" of biomes do you prefer. But sure that works.

I prefer more than one choice in that poll to be honest. I also like variety. I keep thinking of planets that I probably wouldn't necessarily want to live on in DU (eg. planet entirely covered by an Ocean, or entirely covered in lava etc.) - but then I go back and think, hey, I may not want to live here, but I want these to actually exist and I want to go there from time to time. 

I'm just a nub when it comes to this but I would like to get involved with this community :). My input for the whole biome thing is as follows. I come from a very plain town in real life with very little going on. I love to dream of places where there are objects as tall as the eye can see and places where you could hide if ever need be. Creating a home just to get away from it all. I think building within a mountain would fit my style perfectly. Even just digging a hole and having the necessities when I wouldn't be working on my ship would work wonderfully for me.