Construction lock (disable editing) a ship/house/object

Netherspark

In Space Engineers I often find myself accidentily removing blocks from ships and stations (on creative mode at least), as all it takes is a single click and the targetting system isn't great.

What would be a good idea is if you could 'lock' the ability to modify something.  Say for example you've built a ship and you're happy with it, you can enable the lock to prevent it being changed, though you should of course be able to unlock it too.

I think you have to go into a build mode to even be able to interact with voxels, so I believe this is a non-issue.

That's how I see it going down as well. A claimed construct, like a station, would be built around of "structure claim" unit, sorta, as the devs explaiened it. That means anything that is nailed to the construct is unchangeable and nothing can be added to it.

Still, could be hilarious to see hooligans going around, painting Lord Buttdick's emblem onto vehicles. xD

Still, could be hilarious to see hooligans going around, painting Lord Buttdick's emblem onto vehicles. xD

Hey, Tagging is a Marine tradition, I hope they allow it to be in the game.  :)  nothing like painting your emblem on someone elses ship, just to let them know you were there.

Hey, Tagging is a Marine tradition, I hope they allow it to be in the game.   :)  nothing like painting your emblem on someone elses ship, just to let them know you were there.

"The enemy commander walks into his bridge, sits on his comfy chair and presses the power button on the ship's engines. As he looks up he sees the emblem of the enemy faction's marine corps on the bulkhead above.

At the same time, 1 km away, on an asteroid, a marine stands there, enjoying the fireworks."

Short and sweet story indeed :P

Hey, Tagging is a Marine tradition, I hope they allow it to be in the game.   :)  nothing like painting your emblem on someone elses ship, just to let them know you were there.

Nothing like drawing the green weenie in porta potties.

The green weenie strikes again...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

A straight up lock preventing any kind of construction would be a really useful feature for a lot of reasons.

Additionally, if they made a multi-tiered permission system where you could for example build an apartment complex and draw an outline around one of the housing segments internal area and set it to be completely editable by the tenant but not anyone else other than the owner would be awesome.

Having a permission based construction system like that would also make much larger city constructs far more feasible and practical from a game play perspective.