How will governments pay for all the employees?

I have read the topic quietly. An interesting subject. It mixes game mechanics and players. I think however that you can not make a generally valid statement. In doing so, I refer to the organizations, as each is built differently. As far as the game mechanics are concerned, the developers have certainly thought about how they would like to introduce the system. Thanks to yamamushi for the research.

The game mechanics will make things easier for us. But let's light up the players once, as more speculation is possible here. Of course this is a guess what I am writing, but I think it hits the point.

Everyone starts with the same prerequisites. The difference here will probably be whether you are alone or play with friends. Collect and sell materials, build a ship and find the right home. In the collective, this is of course easier, due to the distribution of tasks.

As soon as the start-up capital is given, it is now possible to consider how it should proceed. And I think here you will first have to answer a few questions for yourself before you take a step:

- What do I want with this city? (This is perhaps already clear at the beginning)

- Will it only be for friends and family or should others be added?

- What can I do, what can I not?

- ???

I speculate on the game mechanics and suspect that you can put on a lot of things a tax. (Examples: shops, market, land price) On the one hand you will have to convince prospective customers to come to your city. Usually it is a welcome gift. (Money, blueprints, tax relief) With the RDMS, the Rights and Duty Management System, I think you'll have the options to adjust taxes. Depending on how you make yourself as a mayor, you will also earn a reputation among the players.

The question now is how to pay employees or contractors.

I hope it is feasible:

You should not forget that it is a game. Consequently, every human being has a real life that he pursues. One has more time or is willing to spend more time in your organization, another can not or will not. I would place a job terminal here, which contains all orders. With RDMS, you set the terminal so that only your citizens can use it. This would allow the city to continue "working" while you are offline as a mayor. The companies and games will already find their trading partners. And if you have bigger orders, I would go directly with your citizens and pay them. I hope that there is something like an organization account, from which is deducted. So you do not accept liability with your money.

But you see what I'm getting at. Much will have to do with communication. Being a mayor has his duties. How much can be achieved in the game, only time will tell. Ultimately, this is just from the theory of what I am writing. :)

Example in SWG:

Cheers!

You've all got it wrong, but I can't tell you what ODY has planned. We declare it a trade secret, but know that this falls upon the organizations to figure out, not the developers. It is by no means easy or simple.

I know for your more personal social economical structures to develop, this will have to be implemented. I can see it also encouraging people to do those very monatonous jobs that no one else has even the smallest desire to do simpily for the fact that the wages would be higher - just to keep a employee in that position hired and working. It also opens up numerous {RP} opportunities / jobs - for instance managers, to make sure their employees are actually doing the work that they are paid to do.

This is why, personally, I would like to see it implemented. Perhaps tied to a organizational bank or corporate wallet.

Here's a clip from the Kickstarter/crowdfunding video on the topic of taxes:

(~10:40 into the video)

"At some point, it will be possible to create taxes on a territory so that you finance global defense systems or major infrastructures"

Oh do not forget yama - that it was stated that all transactions on the market will be able to be taxed by the trade hub's owner. - Another major revenue stream perhaps when you think about it. . .

Say you sell 100,000 items in a day. . .

Each item costs 10,000. . .

The owner of the hub has a 5% tax on all sales. . .

Out of a 1,000,000,000 in transactions moving through that hub. . .

You would make, exactly, 50,000,000. . .

Which considering you have done nothing other than operate, build, and maintain the infrastructure to draw in business is not exactly a bad profit margin.

Then there is the interview with JC done by DUE that he goes into some detail about a rental system for landing pads / territories, this would also perhaps be another fairly major source of income?

Feel free to check the kickstarter page and video. Then you can take a chill pill cause your extreme butthurt clouds your judgment . Your passive aggressive is really amusing , don't overdo it though, you might have a rage-induced stroke.

I really admire ignorant folk like you, life must be so blissful when you just stay in the dark. :(

lol, need i say more. And now back to the topic

Forgive me if I missed this somewhere but I haven't seen the biggest member benefit from Eve governments.  The better the corporation or alliance in Eve, the closer they could get you to the good stuff. The best resources, the highest NPC bounties to hunt etc.. 

Being able to get at the most profitable stuff in the game without being vaped by a raiding party  is motivation enough to jump in a warship when unwelcome people trespass into your territory. I supplied my own ships to fight in and was never paid. At one point, I even paid my alliance for access to an exclusive star system - and it was well worth it. 

I see little reason to spend to much time on something that might change countless time between now and alfa/beta and eventually release.

But i do fear that some are throwing assumptions and wet fantasies around like they where facts. Which, if it takes to much hold is bad in the long run.

btw i know for a fact there are giant killa sharks with freakin lasers on there head in game, right now.

It's the main reason the EVE and sandbox game enthusiasts are here though. People who flock from EVE are here for that sweet sweet clusterfuck of an economic system we'll get out of DU. Mmmm, Excel spreadsheets! <3

I feel your arguement on misassumptions, but that's just a CORE FEATURE of the game people discuss here -- the economy. And a contract system is a very easy mechanic for the devs to implement, sure, it may be ther DAY ONE - and quite honestly, there's ain't much reason for it to be there ,as the bots NQ will have set up won't have injected the money into the playerbase's circulation already - but it's something that CAN be added on a major patch, so the administratory side of organisations can take effect. The "job boards" part of the game the devs speak of, is eactly the kind of "contract" system I'm talking about, heck, in EVE there are skills that increase how many contracts you can issue in an organisational level.