Dev Diary January

Archonious

I think that the nanoformer looks much better now. My question is that can you use a script reduce the maximum thrust that a given element can provide (to help with balancing the thrust vector to go through the centre of mass)?

I think that the nanoformer looks much better now. My question is that can you use a script reduce the maximum thrust that a given element can provide (to help with balancing the thrust vector to go through the centre of mass)?

That's exactly why they implement it.

Very nice update, good progress was made and very good new information (builders grid, nanoformer - visual at least)' keep it up!

I would like to point on great enviroment improvements. Day/Night circle looks awesome. I think, enviroment gives massive impression and taste of the game (on first steps at least). And it is really awesome.

Thanks,

Archonious

The engine features are looking amazing. It's cool that based on where you place it, the effects on the flight will be more realistic. The nanoformer also looks amazing, it seems a lot more immersive and instead of HOV on the screen, it's a cool way to immerse more into the game. Keep up the good work guys, can't wait for alpha!

I know that if the night is too dark it could be annoying, but a little darker imho would be better, if you consider that you'll place lights all over your base and ships, it should be fine. 

I know that if the night is too dark it could be annoying, but a little darker imho would be better, if you consider that you'll place lights all over your base and ships, it should be fine.

If to speak about darkness, I think it is fine. There could be darker for moments when player leave position with lots of the light. As we are humans in the game, this eye ability could be easy added, I think.

If to say shortly:

-If you stay in darkness for a "x" period of time, overall darkness going down.

-If you turn from light location to dark one, you simply don't see anything

-If you use spotlights, normally you will see only lightened surfaces/objects

Of course, all of that absolutelly not necessary, but I bet it can be very quickly programmed

Thanks,

Archonious

I could definitely get behind a darker night, since it would make night travel/work/raids more interesting. Perhaps give people a flashlight as well.

Everything is looking amazing! Keep up the good work, guys!

Yeah I agree, I would prefer more darkness. Give us a flashlight and make us build larger lights, but don't give us night vision. Even cooler would be, if moons orbit planets, having them reflect light onto the surface to provide ambient night light, similar to the difference here on Earth between being out at night during a full moon (quite bright) and being out at night when there is no moon/new moon (typical dark).

Yeah I agree, I would prefer more darkness. Give us a flashlight and make us build larger lights, but don't give us night vision. Even cooler would be, if moons orbit planets, having them reflect light onto the surface to provide ambient night light, similar to the difference here on Earth between being out at night during a full moon (quite bright) and being out at night when there is no moon/new moon (typical dark).

Moons don't orbit but because the planet rotates, moons will sseemingly orbit

Moons don't orbit but because the planet rotates, moons will sseemingly orbit

Yeah my main concern in regards to what I was talking about would be moon phases. And for that to happen, at least one of them (the planet or the moon) would have to physically move, so it doesn't look like that is currently an option.

For Pre-Alpha the environments looks great, IMO.

Other favorite part was the shaping of the voxels. Will give more options and unique looks when its not all just square edges and rectangles that make up our constructs.

Also I hope later they plan on designing different types and shapes of the pre-made elements like the cockpit and engines. Will add even more customization to vehicles.

I could definitely get behind a darker night, since it would make night travel/work/raids more interesting. Perhaps give people a flashlight as well.

Everything is looking amazing! Keep up the good work, guys!

Flashlight? Thermal sight, that's much better. More covert.