Programmable unit AI for drones and

ATLANT

Programmable unit AI for creating and managing groups of drones, direct or remote control of different ship components (rotors, pistons, etc) or the station by an intuitive interface like in the scrap mechanic. There is an advanced mode for a simple scripting language to detailed setting the behavior of drones and various elements up to the writing of a primitive operating system for a ship with drones. Any drones can be grouped and linked to another drone for ease of management. Even the largest ships can be drones under the player or the whole team control. Also small drones should exist for different purposes (exploration, production resources, construction, espionage, protection, etc.). These drones can not be changed as they are like a ship modules, unlike the previous ones, which are necessary to build and customize. 

You can do the first part already with lua scripts. Such interfaces won't be provided by NQ but you have to write that yourself. Be creative about it

You certainly can't and won't control a huge ship alone because that's why this is a mmo and no single player game.

Read the devblogs - you clearly lack Knowledge there with all those topics you start

You can do the first part already with lua scripts. Such interfaces won't be provided by NQ but you have to write that yourself. Be creative about it

You certainly can't and won't control a huge ship alone because that's why this is a mmo and no single player game.

Read the devblogs - you clearly lack Knowledge there with all those topics you start

In any case, this forum is "Idea Box", so thats an idea. Developers could previously rejected the idea, or will do it in future. I just presented my point of view in the relevant section. As you can see from my profiles, I'm still new to the project and can not compete with the advanced members in this

In any case, this forum is "Idea Box", so thats an idea. Developers could previously rejected the idea, or will do it in future. I just presented my point of view in the relevant section. As you can see from my profiles, I'm still new to the project and can not compete with the advanced members in this

That's why you should watch all videos then read all devblogs. If you have an idea - feel free to use the search function to look your idea up, perhaps there was someone already before you who had the same idea.

If all of that yields nothing, then please explain your idea here in detail, no one will stop you from that.

But tbh you register at 10:57 and then start lots and lots of new topics. Obviously you never read a devblog. So don't you wonder why people might be annoyed

In any case, this forum is "Idea Box", so thats an idea. Developers could previously rejected the idea, or will do it in future. I just presented my point of view in the relevant section. As you can see from my profiles, I'm still new to the project and can not compete with the advanced members in this

Seriously mate, bother reading the DevBlogs, watch some interviews, the game's wiki has a lot of transcripts on what JC said in many of his interviews already. You'll see why they don't want drones or why they can't have drones or drone ships.

Drones run locally, that means in your RAM, that means they can't go explore or spy. You'll need actual scouts / spies for that.

You want to fly a battleship? Cool, get a crew. Oh, you don't got one? Then, get good at piloting star-fighters to be noticed by a bgig org and being asked to fly one of those ships for them as a navigator / driver (as captain is an entire different role).

This is a team game, and a battleship is the endgame content, it's a "raid" in a way. What is a battleship meant to fight? Other battleships. It's a raid vs raid in a way. Best coordination wins, as it's not always about "more expensive ship wins". Having said raid being controlled by ne person - or having said raid being run on squadron by ONE person - defuses the point of the game. It's an MMORPG, not an RTS game.

However, for ground combat, your idea COULD work, in the sense that 3D mesh objects (Elements) can be drones or setnry turrets, that can be scripted in a minor way to behave in a specific way, and always, within a certain range. After all, the game has wildlife (some at least) we may as well put that AI model in good use in the form of drones.

Just, not drones for massive fleet battles that can be made with voxels. 

Couldn't this possibly take some of the fun and game element out of the game? It will definitely be a day when someone writes a script to auto-mine but eventually you would just be removing the person from the game. It's an idea to think about but when you can just sit back and mine multiple planets at once or run an entire fleet on your own, it will be taking the fun and social aspect out of the game. Imagine 1 guy/girl scripts a whole army, there wouldn't be a need for organizations because a single player could do everything a normal organization of 50+ people could do.