In game construction tool - axis of symmetry

AUTO6PL

I know there will be possibility to create new constructions outside the game using some graphic programs but for less experienced builders main option will be creating new constructions in game. It's not so easy to create symmetrical project of spaceship or building especially when it will be huge and complx project. I think there should be an option to use axis of symmetry. For example you design only half of your ship and use option "mirror reflection" to create the same second half of the ship. What do you think about that idea?

There is a 'creative mode' of sorts where you can have symmetry enabled and you have infinite resources. The main purpose of it is to create blueprints that can be used to build the construct on the server without the need to have everything on you and be in a safe environment.

There is a 'creative mode' of sorts where you can have symmetry enabled and you have infinite resources. The main purpose of it is to create blueprints that can be used to build the construct on the server without the need to have everything on you and be in a safe environment.

No further info on that matter is released though, so we don't know yet how that mode will work.

Sounds like a interesting idea, but if it duplicates the core unit that you build the ship around I don't see very many builders using it.

It would be perfect for organizations building large capital ships.

But as a builder what is the fun in that?

From a kickstarter comment: "Yes, there will be a symmetry tool for voxel building. It's one remaining in the pipeline with the copy/paste tool"

And: "If you're refering to Voxel Building (and not crafting) then yes a Mirror/Symmetry Plane tool is planned."

From a kickstarter comment: "Yes, there will be a symmetry tool for voxel building. It's one remaining in the pipeline with the copy/paste tool"

And: "If you're refering to Voxel Building (and not crafting) then yes a Mirror/Symmetry Plane tool is planned."

Thanks. I missed that.

I just love a perfection as a constructor and I know that bigger projects are hard to plan when you need symmetry, It will be very helpful tool.