I may have missed it

PDizzle

I may have missed it but is there a way to sign up for testing of this game? I have been playing another game that has been in alpha and than beta forever. i have 3500 hrs in that and i think this could be the game that breaks that addiction. looks great and i cant wait to see it.

thank you for any advice you can give.

NovaQuark hand picks members that are active and helpful in the community to be Alpha testers.

They will also be offering alpha testing as a reward on their kickstarter once it launches just before Alpha release.

As I said to another fella in another thread.

" Whatever MMO compared to Dual is like comparing sugar and cocaine. Sure, both are made the same way, but only one of them is on crack ."

This game is gonna devour my life, I know it. ^_^

" Whatever MMO compared to Dual is like comparing sugar and cocaine. Sure, both are made the same way, but only one of them is on crack ."

Life? What's a life? All i know of is DU!  :P

Life? What's a life? All i know of is DU!  :P

I can't wait to see a bunch of broz creating a machinima series of them going into an intergalactic exploration mission. Reality TV at its finest. xD This game has so much potential for entertainment content. Imagine WoW's level of motion with characters and EVE's drama thrown in the mix.

Cha-ching! The best sound in the world :P

Who has time for life after that? xD

I know i am going to record everything! I even got a couple of extra ssd for my nas. Gonna try to post the really good stuff to youtube.

Can I have guest star role as the spiffy computer A.I. with the salty sailor vocabulary or you go for a family friendly show? :P

I wouldn't mind. I try not to cuss in my videos but I often fail pretty hard lol so I don't think it would be a problem.  ;)

From what I hear though my voice is pretty amazing.  :P

By the time I should be able to play DU I should be in/finishing uni or trying to get a job...

I'm screwed.

By the time I should be able to play DU I should be in/finishing uni or trying to get a job...

I'm screwed.

I have finished uni, I have a job and this game will probably consume my free time. Of course, not all of it, I will eventually get DU fatigue and need a few days per week to chill. I like my games on slow burn.

Hand picked by NQ eh? Well then, I hope they don't just pick those who have the highest post count and/or are faction leaders.

Hopefully not. Those guys are hacks.

And don't worry, there are Alpha Team members who have only 14 posts, so chill. I think they will go for random picking, just so they can maintain objectivity.

Hopefully not. Those guys are hacks.

And don't worry, there are Alpha Team members who have only 14 posts, so chill. I think they will go for random picking, just so they can maintain objectivity.

Speaking of which, what the heck is an Alpha Team Member. Advanced Member is achieved by getting 20+ or so posts. 

I'm kinda confused. Please explain.

P.s

"Hopefully not. Those guys are hacks."

I like it how the both of us are among those who have the highest post count. You being...well, the one with the most.

Speaking of which, what the heck is an Alpha Team Member. Advanced Member is achieved by getting 20+ or so posts. 

P.s

"Hopefully not. Those guys are hacks."

I like it how the both of us are among those who have the highest post count. You being...well, the one with the most.

In any case, post count should not dictate any sort of favoring towards me or anybody for that matter. Just make the random process of picking  people witth 100+ posts, or link it to a word count to avoid spammers who reply with 1 word just to increase post count. 

Traditionally, an Alpha tester is a person that has some background in breaking games, so the devs can have an unpredictable testing enviroment to test the quality of the game's code. Call Bluedrake42 what you will, he and his community made Space Engineers  A LOT stabler with Stable Branches on the server who he asked for during the game's Beta. On Alpha, nobody listened to him ad Space Engineers was held back because of that.

Advanced Member is just a way for the site to tag you as an active member of the forums. Nothing more.

I am also curious about this. Anyone happen to know?

I am also curious about this. Anyone happen to know?

People who were picked some year back to join the Alpha Test for being supporters of the game before even the trailer dropped. A token of appreciation by the Devs. 

I thought Dominar asked what an Alpha Tester was. My bad.