Gathering feedback for an Unofficial Community-Organized "FanFest"

yamamushi

Locations you could travel to for the event  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following locations could you travel to in June of this year for an event?

• Austin, TX
    • Dallas, TX
    • Seattle, WA
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • Orlando, FL
    • Nashville, TN
    • Other (Please explain below)
    • California
    • Denver, CO

This sounds cool but I definitely couldn't unless it was super close, which given that all of the options are about 600 miles away, seems highly unlikely! The list is definitely missing a northeast option. Good luck though!

I had Boston on the list but I took it down because nobody was voting for it, I also have Cleveland there too. I'd even be down for NYC, although that seems like it would be even more prohibitively expensive for all of us. 

I'm surprised Phoenix got so many votes because I don't think any of us are actually in Phoenix :P

Dallas made the most sense logistically to me because it's a major air travel hub, although the cost of staying somewhere versus somewhere like Austin or Phoenix is probably something to take into account as well. 

There's no real rush to any of this, it probably wouldn't happen until June because many more people will be available during the summer, and it's cheaper than going to E3. 

All these options are in the US! What no love for us Euros?

Lethys put up an European version, get over there: https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/10709-gathering-feedback-for-an-unofficial-community-organized-fanfest-europe/

EDIT: Oh you already did. Good job me... [runs back to the forest]

• 1 month later...

I had Boston on the list but I took it down because nobody was voting for it, I also have Cleveland there too. I'd even be down for NYC, although that seems like it would be even more prohibitively expensive for all of us. 

I'm surprised Phoenix got so many votes because I don't think any of us are actually in Phoenix :P

Dallas made the most sense logistically to me because it's a major air travel hub, although the cost of staying somewhere versus somewhere like Austin or Phoenix is probably something to take into account as well. 

There's no real rush to any of this, it probably wouldn't happen until June because many more people will be available during the summer, and it's cheaper than going to E3. 

I've never really noticed a huge price difference between hotels in Austin TX and Dallas TX; however that being said, the way to get the cost of that down is to see if you can arrange a room block deal with the hotel.  Basically if you can (roughly) grantee that you can fill X number of  rooms they'll reduce the cost of those rooms for you.

Here's some basic info on it (yes its for wedding planning, but the information is still relevant):

https://www.theknot.com/content/hotel-room-blocks-101

For a smaller gathering I'd stick with a smaller hotel in one of the suburbs, they're going to be more accommodating for something like this.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll go find a nice corner to sit in and not talk to anyone and long for my moonshack and spacetruck. Then go home to my real shack in my real truck and think about what a good day it was.