Fun Competition - Guess Alpha Testing Date

maximpact

Yes that's right as the title says, this post is all about a FUN community competition to pick the exact date for when you expect (or hope) the alpha testing will go live and we'll be able to first play (even if only for testing)

The "winner" will be the poster that picks the exact date, or where the exact date is not picked, the post that picks the absolute closest date before or after.

The "date" will be measured as the first date that gold founder members are able to  log in to the Alpha testing servers.

What do you get, well mad props of course for your un-canny and amazing forecast skillz. Of course, we'll also see those for which the glass is half empty or just decide to be widely pessimistic.

I'm going to pick April 12 2017 for reasons and that we have holidays the following week :)

So post your best guess alpha date.

MAX

April 14th. Late enough to be realistic, plus it's a Friday, so most people could start right away

April 13th. Again, late enough but not on a Friday (never release a game on Friday otherwise the devs will have no weekend and players risk not being able to get on due to server issues.

The glass never is half full or empty. The glass is half too big, as it should be.

May 4th ofc

Curses! Someone beat me to it.   :(

May the 4th be with you too.

Edit: Fine. I'll take 11 May. ;)

April 13th. Again, late enough but not on a Friday (never release a game on Friday otherwise the devs will have no weekend and players risk not being able to get on due to server issues.

Pretty much always gonna be on a Friday - whatever is supposed to be in the build will be shoved in at the last possible moment and tweaked...until desperation forces the release. Basic human nature and the reality of game development schedules.

Pretty much always gonna be on a Friday - whatever is supposed to be in the build will be shoved in at the last possible moment and tweaked...until desperation forces the release. Basic human nature and the reality of game development schedules.

I guess thats why games like space engineers, fractured space, warframe, swtor (etc.) don't release on a friday? I have faith that NQ know what they are doing.

Gonna join the pessimistic side and say they want to start alpha on May 4th but will actually be ready on May 10th