From the GROUND up....

DysonSphere

Hey all. Am new to the forum and only found out about the game a few days ago and super excited and just want talk about bits. Sorry if this stuff has been covered but after a browse of the forum and watching every vid i can find i have a few (ok hundreads) of ideas and topics to chat about but to start I'd like to ask about the ground...

Is soil going to be a farmable resource? If i wanted to make an arboretum or space bio dome kinda thing is that possible? Will grass just spawn on placed soil? What about on the inside of something large say maybe a dysonsphere lol.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum!

The answer to your question is, nobody knows. It's not clear whether there will be farming, and if there is what it will be used for. We also have no idea if having soil will cause grass to grow automatically, whether we have to plant grass seeds on it, or if other fauna can grow on soil that we place. 

Feel free to join us in Discord (there's a link in my signature), as there's plenty of people there that will be happy to answer any questions you might have, although there is still a -ton- we don't know about.

There's also these interviews I'd recommend checking out as a good place to start too:

Welcome to the Community! Here are a few things:

Joke about Cybrex's Alts (He is chill though)

Try to be nice and reputable (unlike me :/)

Anyways, we will most likely have harvestable bio-mass, such as composting wood (Wood would probably be grown on water + sunlight, not taking soil into account for gameplay reasons), and planets actually may have their original looks "grow back" (holes patch up). However, this is purely suspected and not official.

Anyways, we will most likely have harvestable bio-mass, such as composting wood (Wood would probably be grown on water + sunlight, not taking soil into account for gameplay reasons), and planets actually may have their original looks "grow back" (holes patch up). However, this is purely suspected and not official.

Holes won't fill in automatically, that was confirmed during the DUExplorers interview. 

I can see why people wanted it (at least around the Arkship) but I'm not too torn up about it. 

Welcome to the forum!

This is a very good question, and a feature that I hope gets implemented. Renewable resources, in some form are critical (in my view) to preventing complete area depletion from becoming a problem that spreads through out the settled areas. There were a few threads that discussed this, if you are interested is some extra reading.

https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/7815-consequences-of-non-regenerating-planets-and-ressources

Hey and thanks for the welcome, who are the alts that I need to make fun of then? and not too worry.... 99% of the time I'm nice and reputable :ph34r: 

I'm sure a limited amount of grow back will be needed at least around the start area as a I personally guarantee you will have some bright spark who will try and dig the arkship lol

Hey and thanks for the welcome, who are the alts that I need to make fun of then? and not too worry.... 99% of the time I'm nice and reputable :ph34r:

I'm sure a limited amount of grow back will be needed at least around the start area as a I personally guarantee you will have some bright spark who will try and dig the arkship lol

It'll just float in air then.

But I can imagine a certain radius around the ship where you just can't do anything

Oh and welcome to the community

One man tries to make it ugly, seven surround him, shoot him for the bounty because this is the fifth time he's committed the crime this week, and people continue to build the city in the Arkzone. :P

My point is that if we want the area to look nice, well... make it nice. Stop people who dig aimlessly around an area where people have said they'll build a newbie welcoming platform.

This would be all good except that the starter area is safe and people won't be able to sort out the trouble makers so people will be able to run around causing mayhem. Maybe a complaint and police system e.g. if 10 people complain they get a 24 hour ban or something. Who knows but I forsee an issue lol