Is dual universe going to be translated to spanish ?

Teto3001

Simple question : Is dual universe going to be translated to spanish ?

I can understand english but these high complexity games are very hard to play in a second language, this problem is the main reason why can't play eve online. I really hope this game will be translated.

Probably not for a very long time if it ever does happen. I have to imagine French would take precedence over Spanish if there ever was a translation, as the developers are all in Paris.

It doesn't sound like a translation is on the roadmap however. 

I found a kickstarter comment from NQ:

"At the moment, only English. But we are planning to localize the games in different other languages after the official release. The exact list isn't defined yet, but those considered at the moment are the following: German, French, Spanish, Polish and Russian."

So it's a possibility after release if that is still their plan.

I've seen, especially for some new mobile games (you know the ones), have built in MS or google live translation chat functionality. Certainly makes for some interesting  conversations and funny translations, but overall works well. Eve as an example had a later expansion that added language support for Asian countries.

Simple question : Is dual universe going to be translated to spanish ?

I can understand english but these high complexity games are very hard to play in a second language, this problem is the main reason why can't play eve online. I really hope this game will be translated.

As already answered, yes maybe later.

BUT

Like in EVE there are translations to all kinds of languages, but many don't use it anyway.

There are three aspects to consider:

- either the translation is bad (misunderstandings ftw, getting a wrong impression of a weapon or element, no translation at all because there is no word, ...)

- many orgs will have members from all around the world, so they will most likely speak english anyway

- even if your org is solely spanish or whatever, you will use commands in english, because it's convenient and a habit. Your allies will include english speakers. (in EVE all use "jump" - no one in their right mind would scream "SPRING", "SAUTEZ" or "BRINCAR").

It's MUCH easier for newbros to learn the game when everyone's client is the same language in order to find that menu more quickly because it's written there and you don't have to translate the word first and then find it.