Organization creating: more guiding about copyright?

ForlornFoe

I suggest organization creation window (meaning this one) to also include basic information about:

• Copyright infringement (and maybe how to avoid it)
  • Disapproved types of org names (Apple, Microsoft, etc.)

Currently, creating an organization does not require one to even visit the forums. Since NQ's statements about aforementioned things are hidden inside certain topics (as far as I know), I feel they go unnoticed by many organization founders. Also, the org creation page only offers a link to the early devblog post about orgs that mentions nothing about copyright. I do not know how the copyright-wise problematic orgs are officially dealt with, but have seen some other forum users politely notifying newfound orgs about clear issues. It is admirable, but in my opinion should not be relied upon. 

I realise we have not even hit alpha test yet, but still believe that adding the suggested information into mandatory text every organization founder should read would reduce unnecessary frustration. 

Thanks for your time, and hopefully the text was readable enough. 

I assume you refer to the post I made, in which Nyzaltar posted some clarifications on the rules, after I pointed out someone called LittleJoe creating various Orgs with Copy-righted games?

I agree with you, there does need to be some sort of warning of what it can or can't be named when creating. Also a warning that it could be removed if the warning is ignored.

Speaking of which, he's at it again! Though only one rule-breaker this time.

I assume you refer to the post I made, in which Nyzaltar posted some clarifications on the rules, after I pointed out someone called LittleJoe creating various Orgs with Copy-righted games?

I have been stalking the issue since September, but that was part of the inspiration, yes. I thought that the problems had dwindled since November, but lately there seems to have been another surge. And I have a feeling that after alpha test starts, there will be another flood... 

I lately informed a couple of fresh Star Wars orgs about the issues, and that made me feel really bad. Sure, it is easier to hear the bad news sooner than later, but it still hurts to stomp on their enthusiasm. Well, at least I am not mentally cut out for that notifying job. 

Currently there's not much we can except point fingers. You could also PM the mods, as I did, but that might get tedious. Maybe one day we'll get a report button that is specifically only for if the org broke the naming rules. (No salty reports if one of their members made you explode.)

It might also be a good idea to remove one-player organisations at the start of the game because they are only filling up space.

One-man orgs are not a problem, some prefer being their own organization as individual enterpreneurs or such. 

But I agree that the inactive ones are just clutter, quite sure that NQ will later implement a method to clean them up.