Hey Community!

I'm Flow, the Legate/Commander of the Organization "Stargate Command". I'm currently searching for people who like Stargate. As a huge fan I've created this organization because I realised Dual Universe is the perfect game to bring the Stargate Community together and to have fun with Stargate stuff. Our targets are pretty simple. We will build Stargate ships and buildings like the Daedalus, Atlantis, the Cheyenne Mountain Complex and more. Our activities are exploration (through stargates) and keeping peace in the galaxy. If you already have a organization you can join us anyway (being a member of multiple organizations is now possible). It is also possible to hire us (the whole organization) to be a military separation of another Organization.

Star Wars will take part as a player driven lore, so why not Stargate?

If you want to have fun with us you can visit us here.

And dont worry, there will be stargates!

We hope to see you!

Greetings

Flow

I certainly look forward to you guys building Atlantis, especially if it can fly.

What will you use it for? 

Its Atlantis. You can do everything with it. Exploration, Orbital Station, Politics, Trading, Military Organization, Fleet HQ, Colony stuff and so on. It is a City so it can be used like a planetary City, its just in space and it can move. 

We don't talk about star-wars here.

Anyways nice... security card.

Well its looks like every "second" Organzation has something to do with star wars or the Empire.

It was about time someone infringed on another franchine other thatn Star Wars or Star Trek.

yeah sure. but Star Wars has good games like battlefront. star trek does too. stargate has no game and the series is dead. good time to #bringbackstargate

yeah sure. but Star Wars has good games like battlefront. star trek does too. stargate has no game and the series is dead. good time to #bringbackstargate

Well, if you can build a stargate on a planet, and link to a stargate on another planet far far away, I'm with you. I always wanted to RP as Kurt Russel's magnificent swagger - yes, I denounce anything that came after the OG movie. :|

Well its looks like every "second" Organzation has something to do with star wars or the Empire.

Any "shit-spawn*" corps take after star-wars.

*One just made for giggles and the player never returned and never posted.

Well, if you can build a stargate on a planet, and link to a stargate on another planet far far away, I'm with you. I always wanted to RP as Kurt Russel's magnificent swagger - yes, I denounce anything that came after the OG movie. :|

Oh GOD i agree with twerk about something.  I hate it when that happens.   :unsure:

I watched a bit of the show when it was on TV but i didn't realized that Mcgyver was actually playing Kurt Russel's character until like a year ago when i randomly watched the first episode on Netflix.  Not a great casting choice.

For anyone who isn't a fan of the first show.  I still recommend checking out Stargate: Universe

It's a different style of show from the original.  And a much less goofy tone.

But be prepared for the depressing fact that it was canceled after only two seasons. The Scifi channel wouldn't know a good show if it burst out of their chest.

Oh GOD i agree with twerk about something.  I hate it when that happens.   :unsure:

I watched a bit of the show when it was on TV but i didn't realized that Mcgyver was actually playing Kurt Russel's character until like a year ago when i randomly watched the first episode on Netflix.  Not a great casting choice.

For anyone who isn't a fan of the first show.  I still recommend checking out Stargate: Universe

But be prepared for the depressing fact that it was canceled after only two seasons. The Scifi channel wouldn't know a good show if it burst out of their chest.

Wasn't the first show the one that managed to insult pretty much any ethnic group, even the ones that are not even existing these days?

EDIT : Everyone hates it when they agree with me, why do you think this community is on full cognitive dissonance when it comes to me? O.o

I was so sad when Stargate: Universe got cancelled.

I also really enjoyed Stargate: Atlantis, precisely because it was a bit goofy and lighthearted.

I was so sad when Stargate: Universe got cancelled.

I also really enjoyed Stargate: Atlantis, precisely because it was a bit goofy and lighthearted.

wasn't that game cancelled because the writers of the show just killed an entire faction ? ( I don't know plot points, I just hae a general knowledge of the game's history).

At least your not one of the many orgs trying to build a deaths star...

You also spammed everyone inboxes.

You can have stargates on Planets?

What? That means we could have a city inside of the core of the planet and not have huge... pipes to go through

You also spammed everyone inboxes.

You can have stargates on Planets?

What? That means we could have a city inside of the core of the planet and not have huge... pipes to go through

Depends, if the stargates utilise some sort of portaling mechanism in the code or they are point-A to point-B "teleports".

If they are Teleports, then you bet people will build a stargate with the other side being quite possible, anywhere. Deep inside a moon, or deep in the darkness of deep space. You could even, theoretically, go through it witha vehicle, if it needs a form of module on board a construct, like a mkeshift TARDIS.

If it's built that way, then yes, We could have stargates well... from Stargate.

Its Atlantis. You can do everything with it. Exploration, Orbital Station, Politics, Trading, Military Organization, Fleet HQ, Colony stuff and so on. It is a City so it can be used like a planetary City, its just in space and it can move. 

How far/fast are you looking to go in it? I imagine it would require an insane amount of thrust to move something like Atlantis. 

If I remember correctly from the show (I didn't watch much of Atlantis) they didn't move it a lot. Stargate inspired ships like the Daedalus would be easier to get done due to sheer size alone.

It's nice to see another organisation wanting to make a colony/city type ship though. Maybe one will actually get made.

If I remember correctly from the show (I didn't watch much of Atlantis) they didn't move it a lot. Stargate inspired ships like the Daedalus would be easier to get done due to sheer size alone.

It's nice to see another organisation wanting to make a colony/city type ship though. Maybe one will actually get made.

I agree, the Daedalus is much more feasible. It's even featured prominently in DU advertising! In the show they required Zero Point Modules (Super big batteries) to move the ship, and I imagine it'd be the same in DU. Although if you only move the city every once in a while, it could be worth it.

How far/fast are you looking to go in it? I imagine it would require an insane amount of thrust to move something like Atlantis. 

Well we will try it out. Atlantis is "only" 1,25 km diameter. It will be easier than the death star. It shouldnt be bigger than the trailer space station.

Well we will try it out. Atlantis is "only" 1,25 km diameter. It will be easier than the death star. It shouldnt be bigger than the trailer space station.

The problem is not the size but the shape. You can't efficiently propell a disc-shaped object, not without using a high number of thrusters, not to mention, maneuvering thursters have to be x50 for each other main propulsion, since, you know, main propulsion is wattage hungry to put it EVERYWHERE on a vessel.

Also, the Death Star kind jumped in weapons range and just oblitereted opposition, it idn't actually maneuver.

A Titan-class ship in EVE, is 20 km long, but it has propulsion across its hull and on its rear end. It moves like a snal on a lazy day, but it can move because of the traditional palcement of propulsion nad maneuvering thrusters.

And yes, DU will require you to place thrusters accordingly, due to center of mass, as explained many times by the devs. 

So, all in all, there's a difference between what's possible and what's plausible. Making Atlantis, sure, but not with thrusters. Just a powerful warp-drive -- and hopefully, jump drives for system-to-system travelling, since I don't think Stargates should b e used for anything above 1 km in diameter to move through them. After all, you only need to get in-range of a target and shower them with missiles, you don't actually have to dogfight with a ship of such size.

The problem is not the size but the shape. You can't efficiently propell a disc-shaped object, not without using a high number of thrusters, not to mention, maneuvering thursters have to be x50 for each other main propulsion, since, you know, main propulsion is wattage hungry to put it EVERYWHERE on a vessel.

Also, the Death Star kind jumped in weapons range and just oblitereted opposition, it idn't actually maneuver.

A Titan-class ship in EVE, is 20 km long, but it has propulsion across its hull and on its rear end. It moves like a snal on a lazy day, but it can move because of the traditional palcement of propulsion nad maneuvering thrusters.

And yes, DU will require you to place thrusters accordingly, due to center of mass, as explained many times by the devs. 

So, all in all, there's a difference between what's possible and what's plausible. Making Atlantis, sure, but not with thrusters. Just a powerful warp-drive -- and hopefully, jump drives for system-to-system travelling, since I don't think Stargates should b e used for anything above 1 km in diameter to move through them. After all, you only need to get in-range of a target and shower them with missiles, you don't actually have to dogfight with a ship of such size.

yea thats actually how atlantis works. you only need the thrusters for the atmosphere. the jumpdrive does the rest. gyroscopes (if they exist) and maneuvering thrusters will help to bring atlantis into the right position to initiate the atmosphere entry. there is much space under city to place the big thruster (obviously it takes a massive amount due to its size).

this project is actually more realistic than the death star.

yea thats actually how atlantis works. you only need the thrusters for the atmosphere. the jumpdrive does the rest. gyroscopes (if they exist) and maneuvering thrusters will help to bring atlantis into the right position to initiate the atmosphere entry. there is much space under city to place the big thruster (obviously it takes a massive amount due to its size).

this project is actually more realistic than the death star.

Well then, good luck finding the correct ratios on placing those thrusters the correct way. I'm pretty sure you could build a flying city that way, although, that thing will probably cost an arm and a leg to keep it on the air.

wasn't that game cancelled because the writers of the show just killed an entire faction ? ( I don't know plot points, I just hae a general knowledge of the game's history).

That's exactly what happened.  I was involved in the Alpha for Stargate Worlds and then the show writers killed off the Asgard.  1/3rd of the ENTIRE game was made irrelevant by the decision.  Pity, it actually had a lot going for it.  The Asgard were an interesting pet class.