{Hiring} Vortrex Mining and Science Inc.

With the confirmation of the 1st constitution of my company, I wanted to introduce it properly. I'll post all new updates and news here too.

What is VMS?

We are VMS, the Vortrex Mining and Science Inc. We gather resources, explore the universe and design and script constructs of all kind.

Languages: English, German, Italian (English officially)

Communication: Discord (https://discord.gg/BPs9CYF), Twitter (@VMSInc)

Time Zone: around the globe, High Council in GMT+1

Hiring Status: open to anyone

Elections for the High Council: Planned for 0AA (Release)

Start of Operations: Alpha

What do we offer you?

We offer an organised internal system, regular payments+bonuses, safety from pirates, a emergency fond, a building plot in our planetary base/city, possible promotions up to a sector manager, and good payments, 1/3 of the profit goes directly to the members.

Can I be in another organisation at the same time?

Yes and No. You are allowed to be in big factions/states (for example the Terran Union or Cinderfall Syndicate) if that faction allows that, but you are not allowed to work for another company. Untrusted Factions (for example Band of Outlaws, because they support piracy) are also forbidden.

Do I have to be online a certain amount of time per day/week/month?

No. You don't have to. You will receive a monthly payment if you complete a specific amount of jobs/tasks. For every other completed task you will recieve a bonus (if you complete a very high amount of tasks you can recieve a DAC, if they are affordable ingame) and we will consider your work and effort when it comes to promotions.

How can I join?

Everyone is allowed to join VMS. After you signed in, we will ask you some questions about what skills and personal preferences you have.

We will then suggest you some possible jobs from which you can select one. If you have any questions feel free to ask us in our discord channel: https://discord.gg/BPs9CYF

What will I do in the company?

That dependes from sector to sector:

• S.M.A.R.T.  (Scientific Material Development and Research Team): In this sector you will become a designer to develop new ship, a scientist that tests new parts and methods or a driver in the practical tests (basic voxel design knowledge recommended)
  • Mine&Craft: In this sector you will be either a worker on our mining facilities or on the Vortrex I where you build the blueprints from the S.M.A.R.T. sector.
  • TnT (Trade and Transport): You will either transport good and persons from A to B or you will set up market stations, do the advertising, find new customers, etc.
  • Bots (Beneficial Optimization of Technology and Systems): You will be the engine behind everything. In Dual Universe, most actions and objects can be automated. To join this sector you need basic/intermediate programming skills generally (if you know how LUA works, even better)
  • The First Order: even a neutral company gets sometimes attacked by other organisations or pirates. This sector secures the comapny.
  • S.P.E.E.D. (Scanning, Prospecting, Exploration and endless Documentation): Prospecting, Field research etc.

What qualities do I need to become a member of VMS?

• Motivation to play the game and help us to have success
  • The basic skills (ingame and in real life) like flying a ship
  • being able to work in a team
  • Intermediate level in the english language, so we can communicate with each other
  • You need to respect the constitution and company rules

1st version of the company policies:

file_page1.jpg

So don't wait, and join VMS, the 3rd biggest company: https://community.dualthegame.com/organization/vortrex-mining-and-science-inc

A company with A constitution....ok. wouldn't that be company guidelines? But hey, do as you please and gl.

Since I'm in BOO I will get your first order do do something o7

We officially are a company but at some parts we are like a state. For example, we will be independent and we will have terrritorry (in a bigger size). But our main focus is profit and not colonisazion

by the way, challenge accepted. We'll see how we end up.

By part you are right. The name is older than the current focus. While mining is one of the main activities, S.M.A.R.T. got also very important. We want to do mining missions on a huge scale, but we also want to come up with designs (and scripts, we got lucky with some talented programmers) that are able to compete with Silverlight and Objective Driveyards.

So yes, we're gonna sell high tech/well developed ships

*sigh*

A fucking constitution?

Freedom is definitely a marketing technique.

And most of  us know you won't actually elect anyone. You're just saying that :/

Partial Freedom is possible 

As we declared in the internal version of the constitution (or call it company rules, I coudn't find a better translation to "Firmengrundordnung") the election is here to ensure that we (the high council) don't go completly nuts. There will be elections at release (if we are big enough, 50 members to be precise). And what's your problem with general rules for a company? and don't we give normal members more control than nearly any other company does? I can understand if you don't expect an election, but wait until release. We are not tyrants.

Then it's not freedom, its called guidelines.

*sigh*

A fucking constitution?

Freedom is definitely a marketing technique.

And most of  us know you won't actually elect anyone. You're just saying that :/

Kuritho, back off. You are only hurting your own already damaged player quality. There is no need to influence this bs.

Kuritho, back off. You are only hurting your own already damaged player quality. There is no need to influence this bs.

Uh-huh.

I apologize? I guess?

Well, I DO have the right to be loud-fuck.

But why do you need a constitution? Would "constitution" be the correct word?

Are you really sure the proper word is not rules?

This thread was to recruit, not to be a debate on terminology. I hate to be that guy, but take it to PMs ffs. 

@MinerMax - good thread, you put some effort in to it. Keep doing you bud, and if you need help feel free to PM me. 

You can't be an Inc. and have elections, that's not how Incorporated enterprises work. You don't get elected to a board of directors without having a share-hold. An Inc. is a conglomerate of smaller companies and subsidiaries, aka, an alliance of sorts. You can't elect who is on the council, they are by default granted a seat to it, just because they are part of the incorporated body. Same kind of rule applies to a "Group", although a Group is a collective of subsidiaries under a common Group, so a Group follows the rules of a Company.

Now, if you were to rename it to a Co. that would work well, since a CEO can be elected by a board of directors and you can have directors of different departments being elected internally by those departments (engineers elect a Chieft Technical Officer, etcetera) to represent themselves in the board, with all of them serving under the president of the company.

Also, you can't "hire everyone" if you claim to be a "single focus entity" like you claim at the start (mining), then go and ask for programmers, researchers, soldiers, etcetera. There's a reason Blizzard is a Co. , hiring programmers and artists to make their games, but not mercenaries or neurosurgeons.

I get the translation may be difficult, especially for certain words from one language to another, but you can change the name of the org to better represent its core features, your focus and what you actually going for. If your focus is to dominate the market and the job openings for minings in large scale operations and you want to attract people who want that, go for Co. , it shows you are not a scattershot that one day will call for massive mobilisation on a contract to hollow out a moon and the next you may claim to want to do PvP.

Also, what you want instead of the word "constitution", is Company Policies, as a Constitution is supposed to be followed by everyone who's part of a nation, and Company Policies apply only to employees.

And for the love of Cthulu, do not keep that line "you got to accept criticism" as a "quality", that's the most infuriating thing for any mature person out there that has worked for years under a supervisor who just wants to vent and then says "you got to accept criticism". 

Some people who tried to "criticise" their subordinates in EVE, got 200 star systems forfeited by one of those persons because they "criticised" him very very loudly.

So yeah, if you can change "accept criticism" to "Be conversational and communicative", that would  drive MATURE people into your mining organisation. Don't expect people as you expect yourself, you may be able to take a lot of "criticism", but some people are, sadly, not that thick-skinned.

Cheers!

I don't have much time right now. I'm gonna do a longer post later.

But for short: thanks Twerk for a very constructive comment. But mining is our main focus, not our only one.

And mmtheboss is not a member of VMS. He defends us (for whatever reason), but I never asked him to do that.

The elections are there to give our members some kind of co-tetermination. It's similar to the labor unions in real life. The elected ones are in the high council, but they do not directly control a sector as the other ones (the sector managers) do.

The word constitution might be a wrong transation, I will change it to company policies (are you all happy now?)

And to be more precise: VMS got founded as a completly independent company. Basically we want to do everything that we need to keep the company running on our own. To earn money, we will mostly gather resources and build ships out of them.

So anymore unclear things?

The elections are there to give our members some kind of co-tetermination. It's similar to the labor unions in real life. The elected ones are in the high council, but they do not directly control a sector as the other ones (the sector managers) do.

The word constitution might be a wrong transation, I will change it to company policies (are you all happy now?)

And to be more precise: VMS got founded as a completly independent company. Basically we want to do everything that we need to keep the company running on our own. To earn money, we will mostly gather resources and build ships out of them.

So anymore unclear things?

Sure, now you do state the purpose of VMS is to generate revenue by any forms of industry and you got directors elected internally from each department, your organisation does qualify as an Incorporated entity (Inc.) .

And directors can work as labor union leaders within a corporation, so it works for your thing I guess.

+1 !

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

VMS is happy to announce that we are officially supporting and creating the Alioth Aereospace Expo together with Objective Driveyards and Silverlight Industries. This is a great opportunity to promote designs and a great place to do marketing. Thanks to ODY!

VMS is happy to announce that we are officially supporting and creating the Alioth Aereospace Expo together with Objective Driveyards and Silverlight Industries. This is a great opportunity to promote designs and a great place to do marketing. Thanks to OBY!

Good to hear. Now we just need the platform to show the expo in... eventually...

• 1 month later...