• Exploration
    • Building, and Designing
    • Scripting
    • Racing
    • Testing things with friends
    • Arena battles
    • Gathering resources and Mining
    • Other

This poll is very limited.  What about: Prospecting? Construction? R&D? LUA scripting? exploration in general (there are more than just planets). What about arena battles?  How about hovercraft races?  How about hanging out with friends and having a laugh? These are just some of the things I am excited about.  And this is just off the top of my head.

"I'll add your thoughts"

>>'Other'

Can't go wrong with that! (but I know you added some of what he said)

Thing is, everyone is going to be excited for different things, and probably multiple things at that. I'm excited to both script and explore. And try to get rich!

EDIT: I also think mining and building quite deserve separate categories.

"I'll add your thoughts"

>>'Other'

Can't go wrong with that! (but I know you added some of what he said)

Thing is, everyone is going to be excited for different things, and probably multiple things at that. I'm excited to both script and explore. And try to get rich!

EDIT: I also think mining and building quite deserve separate categories.

Good point, although quite similar, building is more in depth.

Good point, although quite similar, building is more in depth.

In a joking and non-hostile manner, I would love to hear how creating a starship and extracting ore from rock are "quite similar"!

It is really the combination of features that excites me.  I expect to spend a lot of time building and designing, but it is the interaction between organizations that will create the need for constructs and make them meaningful.  I am not interested in combat in the kind games where every player has to pick a side and they are rewarded for fighting the other side and that can never change.  However, if it is a real choice, it is very interesting.  I am the type of player who avoids combat as much as I can, but I enjoy the challenge of avoiding it and I can only do that if it is an option. 

Organizations need constructs.  Constructs require resources.  Organizations are formed to trade, negotiate and fight for resources.  It is not any one aspect of Dual Universe, but the way it brings all of them together that makes it so attractive.

I am excited to see that i am not obligated to play only pvp or pve, i can evoluate in a game in a peacefull way. I want to see how i can evoluate and interact with other players without violence. It will be the first time in a game this way. ^_^