Question about the Organization portal

CommanderLouiz

I'm just wondering if there's a way to moderate the organization portal, because I've just looked at it, and somebody by the name of LittleJoe just made about 10 new organizations all with names of real-world companies. There's even three variations of Apple. Is there a limit on how many organizations someone can make? What's to prevent someone from creating tons of fake organizations?

I understand that at this point, people will be making placeholder organizations for later use, but this seems a bit excessive.

That is indeed a problem and surely against some rules... And if there are none, then some need to be written. I think the best bet would be to message a mod about it, first choice being Nyzaltar. It's not a pressing matter so there's no real rush but I'm sure those at NQ will want something like this fixed. Thank you for caring enough to try and do something about this!

This is a very good find, I don't believe the portal itself is highly moderated. But I know that they are trying to fix this with new iterations of the community portal. 
The acknowledged the posts that were too numerous to count that were spammed each day by several people, but I've not witnessed these organization spammers. 

And I agree, holding names for later on down the track is fine, but having several, like 10 - 15 organization names held, or made just to be spammy is not good. 

Have you sent this directly to either or @NQ-Nomad

I suggest doing that to bring their attention more directly to it :D

Hi everyone!

While there are indeed some possible abuses at the moment, this will be addressed in the near future when the community will receive his next update.

In the mean time, here are the rules (based on common sense) for this topic:

- Using protected brands from the real world as name of Dual Universe organizations is forbidden.

- While the Novaquark team doesn't want to limit drastically the number of organizations per player, please keep the number of organizations you create to the ones you really intend to play in. If too many organizations are created by a same person with the clear intent of "name squatting", there is a very high chance the Novaquark team will delete them (the deletion will be decided by the Novaquark team, on a case by case basis).

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

Hi everyone!

While there are indeed some possible abuses at the moment, this will be addressed in the near future when the community will receive his next update.

In the mean time, here are the rules (based on common sense) for this topic:

- Using protected brands from the real world as name of Dual Universe organizations is forbidden.

- While the Novaquark team doesn't want to limit drastically the number of organizations per player, please keep the number of organizations you create to the ones you really intend to play in. If too many organizations are created by a same person with the clear intent of "name squatting", there is a very high chance the Novaquark team will delete them (the deletion will be decided by the Novaquark team, on a case by case basis).

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

Can we use parodies of real world brands or companies, i.e. instead of NovaQuark, having NovaBark as a name?

Hi CaptainTwerkMotor,

If the parody is clear and cannot deceive people, then yes, it's allowed.

For example:

- Creating an organization called "Pear" with a half-eaten pear as a logo is totally ok to parody "Apple".

- Creating an organization with just one or two letters changed (like NovaBark instead of NovaQuark) can lead to deception/confusion and is not allowed.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

Hi CaptainTwerkMotor,

If the parody is clear and cannot deceive people, then yes, it's allowed.

For example:

- Creating an organization called "Pear" with a half-eaten pear as a logo is totally ok to parody "Apple".

- Creating an organization with just one or two letters changed (like NovaBark instead of NovaQuark) can lead to deception/confusion and is not allowed.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

Oh, thanks for the clarification.