Building Atlantis

CaptainPep

Yes, provided you have enough time and resources to build it, you'll be able to do it.

More detailed things like moving joints may not be available at release, so getting all the details right might not be possible for a while, though. 

We don't have a lot of information on shields/force fields yet, so nobody can really answer that specific question for you right now. 

If you have ideas on more things to build, the most important thing to remember is that most valuable resource in Dual Universe is time. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Would it be possible to build the city-ship Atlantis from Stargate atlantis? The thing would require a sufficiently powerful engine and a powerful force field which I am not sure are possible. Any ideas?

I would love to see this done and would also love to support such a project if I have the time once it starts.

Sounds epic :)

Sorry to rain on your parade...

But making huge ships are really hard. And the upkeep?

I do not plan on making it to scale of Atlantis, but a small base with engines I can move around, designed to be able to add elements and make it bigger as the org grows. In the end it might be just as big, maybe bigger :D

Good idea, the initial base could be more or less just the central tower with a few outlying rooms at the bottom.

Exactly, maybe build a lot of smaller ships at frist and the incorporate them when you have the need, just make sure they follow the same basic "lego" design, so that it will look good and function, that way you will know you have the infrastructure for it.

Would it be possible to build the city-ship Atlantis from Stargate atlantis? The thing would require a sufficiently powerful engine and a powerful force field which I am not sure are possible. Any ideas?

sounds like a cool idea, I would love to see it built just like everyone else has mentioned.

Ideas section has quite recent idea of traveling city if "a market unit or whatever it's called" can be installed on a ship. I think Atlantis could be great model for city/trade center capable of moving from planet to planet.

Alternatively it could be prebuilt first at a populated planet and then taken to a new planet as soon as one is found to get a head start for your organisation or monopolize the trade on the planet. Just include enough hangar bays for smaller ships to keep along for exploring the planet.

If the planet doesn't have valuable resources or doesn't get enough people, you could just move the city elsewhere instead of losing the effort it took to build. 

• 5 months later...

yes ofc it's possible - but keep in mind that you're only able to do that with ease in pre-alpha. As soon as they implement resource gathering and production, you'd have to mine all the resources first. Plus later on, you have to defend the construction site AND the construct after you finished it