uniforms/ custom suit equipment

esster

hello community, I'm curious as it seems unaddressed so far, due to the amount of factions and non- space interactions will there be wearables other than the default flight suit? like it'd be a bit stale after a while in a city when all you see is a bunch of multi color space suits walking around, I'm thinking there's two schools of thought : One, all planets are unable to support our life due to atmosphere requirements

Two, some planets have breathable atmosphere and some don't meaning we could theoretically wear clothes other than the space suit

if number one is the case then it may be a useful thought to have more customizable suits, decals, different helmets, different attachments,

etc.I think this is important because the game ,while space focused isn't only for space and in fact in order for the idea to work must have many people willing to mostly remain on-planet, and to help cater to those people it may be wise to add customization to their person to show their character for role-play or loyalty to a faction which brings me to the more interesting thought:

if number two is the case then having a character customization that includes what your actual person will look like (i do of course realize that this would put some more strain on the server but still) as well as clothes and maybe even tattoos(a bit of a stretch). so that a city looks like a city full of unique individuals or even some people wearing uniforms indicating their function. i think it adds to the immersion.

imagine you're boarded by a pirate ship and some guys who look exactly like everyone you've ever seen enter, okay, great youre "scared".

now if you will imagine, you're boarded and six varying sized marauders wearing suits with makeshift attachments and menacing matching helmets all bearing a matching blood red decal on their chest, you immediately recognize this crew as the infamous "red tooth" gang from the Centurian system.

tell me your thoughts on this please, if i left out any pros feel free to state them, there are of course cons and id love to hear that too

if this is already addressed then i apologize, though i don't believe that it is

Hello, and welcome to the community. 

Quote from Kickstarter stretch goal "Advanced character customization" (NQ decided to include this in release):

"Helmet can be removed. Choice of character faces and hair."

I am sure more customizable clothing/apparel will come later on, but don't expect too much at launch state. For now we have a couple of different space suits with quite flexible colouring options. NQ has stated that they will keep updating the game with things community wants. 

The helmets can be removed. So, you could remove your helmet.

There's mention of different armors, accessories and biosuits (possibly). Here's the Alpha Team outfit varient 

dce34812b6970a8f60a98c7c9d3eef40_origina

There's no mention of clothing, only equipment. What we do know, is that we can adjust the colors of the equipment -- at least, for launch, further down the line it's up to the devs and the community to judge what's needed and what's not. I personally, suggest that traders have to wear clothing that gives them bonuses on tax reduction, just so we can assassinate them easily :|

Now, the arguement can be made of an Organisation Skin choice, with the orgs Colors being printed on your gear, however, given some things won't be yours per se, but of the org's the arguement could be made that the devs plan on allowing to manufacture items with a specific skin on them. After all, noone is going to go on ground combat operations, knowing they could be mawed down repeatdly until they got an objective, only to have to pay for said gear themselves, so it's safe to assume, some orgs may print their own color skins on weaponry / geart and colors.

Now, why a pirate would want to wear a decal that identifies them as a pirate, that's beyond my mortal wise reasoning to decypher. I'd be wearing Terran Union's Strike Command armor, taken from one of their soldiers, board a ship, and let the confuzzled victims blame TU for the business going down the way it did.

Just in addition:

I think they will add customizable clothing, gear and things in a later patch. They have enough to do with their server tech and the "basic" stuff, no need to stress them with "unnecessary" (yeah i know, depth, immersion....blahblah) things.

Every time I see this video I just wonder if Force Recon armors (like the force recon ships from EVE) are going to be a thing, cause I will definitely challenge what's considered "covert" with the might of my bright yelow, green  and pink colors. 

" Well, sarge, I can't see anything on D-scan, but there's a sentient colorblindness test on the top of that hill..."

" Sentient colorbl-- TWERKMOTOOOOOR :V ! "

Every time I see this video I just wonder if Force Recon armors (like the force recon ships from EVE) are going to be a thing, cause I will definitely challenge what's considered "covert" with the might of my bright yelow, green and pink colors.

" Well, sarge, I can't see anything on D-scan, but there's a sentient colorblindness test on the top of that hill..."

" Sentient colorbl-- TWERKMOTOOOOOR :V ! "

It's a flamingo - NO!

It's a tucan - NO!

It's a Twerkmotor - RUN!

The helmets can be removed. So, you could remove your helmet.

There's mention of different armors, accessories and biosuits (possibly). Here's the Alpha Team outfit varient

dce34812b6970a8f60a98c7c9d3eef40_origina

There's no mention of clothing, only equipment. What we do know, is that we can adjust the colors of the equipment -- at least, for launch, further down the line it's up to the devs and the community to judge what's needed and what's not. I personally, suggest that traders have to wear clothing that gives them bonuses on tax reduction, just so we can assassinate them easily :|

Now, the arguement can be made of an Organisation Skin choice, with the orgs Colors being printed on your gear, however, given some things won't be yours per se, but of the org's the arguement could be made that the devs plan on allowing to manufacture items with a specific skin on them. After all, noone is going to go on ground combat operations, knowing they could be mawed down repeatdly until they got an objective, only to have to pay for said gear themselves, so it's safe to assume, some orgs may print their own color skins on weaponry / geart and colors.

Now, why a pirate would want to wear a decal that identifies them as a pirate, that's beyond my mortal wise reasoning to decypher. I'd be wearing Terran Union's Strike Command armor, taken from one of their soldiers, board a ship, and let the confuzzled victims blame TU for the business going down the way it did.

oh heez sorry, forgot to add a response after the quote.

and yes that was mostly the idea, regardless of who provides the gear id find it really useful to print decals on it

also i think clothes would be very usefull in areas that the suit don't make sense like politicians or traders as suggested

haha btw the pirate uniform idea was mostly like scare tactic you know, you becoming such a feared crew that you can command attention when you board "brand recognition"

so yoy know they are super dangerous and maybe youre more likely to give up

on the other side of that i think itd be an awesome idea to be able to steal uniforms for disguise purposes

this being especially useful when sneaking onto larger ships

on the other side of that i think itd be an awesome idea to be able to steal uniforms for disguise purposes

this being especially useful when sneaking onto larger ships

That is only to look the part. In order to fool the system, you would need a hacked ID (so you don't come up as hostile or neutral to those whom you are sneaking past).

Totally supporting this idea, would be awesome to have clothing variety somewhere down the line when the game has been released. Maybe even add a Clothing store, where we could shop clothes made by other people/corps (in addition you could make them yourself, assuming you have the materials. More artistic people could sell their creations this way.  It would also give a reason for another building in a city. 

This brings another point though. Where to get the materials? Some future nano kano clothes technology could probably be made with 3D printing but at least cotton comes from fields. So assuming some clothes would still actually be knitted fields would be nice. Also realistically we have fields surrounding pretty much every city on earth so would be more realistic to have some in DU too.

Totally supporting this idea, would be awesome to have clothing variety somewhere down the line when the game has been released. Maybe even add a Clothing store, where we could shop clothes made by other people/corps (in addition you could make them yourself, assuming you have the materials. More artistic people could sell their creations this way.  It would also give a reason for another building in a city. 

This brings another point though. Where to get the materials? Some future nano kano clothes technology could probably be made with 3D printing but at least cotton comes from fields. So assuming some clothes would still actually be knitted fields would be nice. Also realistically we have fields surrounding pretty much every city on earth so would be more realistic to have some in DU too.

I guess knitted clothes would have to be introduced alongside - if and when - agriculture and farming are introduced.

To be honest, it's futurespace, if Star Trek TNG taught us anything, is that in the future, everyone's wearring spandex. :P

I guess knitted clothes would have to be introduced alongside - if and when - agriculture and farming are introduced.

To be honest, it's futurespace, if Star Trek TNG taught us anything, is that in the future, everyone's wearring spandex. :P

Yeah would add ton of realism to have them and agriculture in special OFC. But those rubber things oh dear.. Let's hope not. 

actually, that's just an accessory, I am in fact, hoping for a cape as an accessory, because capes are kewl.

I figured you for more of a trench coat person B)

I figured you for more of a trench coat person B)

If that were to happen, you could easily tell who the hackers are as they would be wearing trench coats whilst simultaneously pulling off every hacker cliche in the book in local chat.

If that were to happen, you could easily tell who the hackers are as they would be wearing trench coats whilst simultaneously pulling off every hacker cliche in the book in local chat.

1 h4v3 n0 id3a wh4t y0u t4lk ab0ut.

Yea, I agree avatar customization really helps the players feel special and unique, honestly I would like to see actual regular clothing to wear, and armor would have some kind of draw back for wearing all the time.