On duty, Off Duty RDMS/Tags/Org powers

Kongou

Hello, for organisations It would be nice if the legates could create an option for players to either engage their affiliation with an organisation into ON-Duty mode or OFF-Duty mode.

Something similar to how faction loyalty in star wars galaxies worked.

In this idea, players could switch to ON duty, and be recognized as a participating member of an organization. Including any reputation they have or other benefits or downsides.

In OFF duty mode players would no longer be represented by that organisation. They would become recognized by their personal reputation. When switching from on duty to off duty it could take ten to fifteen minutes for the effect to take place in order to prevent rapid abuse or switching between modes.

Organisations can decide how this will affect them or their certain roles with additional tags and parameters. It would be nice that for player made ranks we have a sufficiently powerful tool or range of options for deciding how different types of things affect each rank.

Possibly and org would decide that ranks higher up ones or even all ranks would require that players be in on duty mode all the time.

Have to pay to go from on to off duty.

Of course these are more things that can be achieved by applying certain tag's or conditions to ranks .. maybe I'm not entirely sure how the system is setup...

Thank you reader.

I'm all in for this but...

[initiating Constructive Criticism Protocols]

That creates a whole window of exploitation, not to mention, you can't quantify reputation when the reputation you gain is towards a person that actually thinks. I may be the most likeable son of a gun out there, that contributes 30% to the alliance's effort -- any effort that is -- but I am collectively hated because I am THAT good. See? You can't quantify reputation that way, by flipping a switch. 

Loyalty points, sure, they can work like a DKP system would from any game out there. You contribute to a job your org issued, then you got people issuing DKP / Loyalty Points towards those people, with a person having to act as the accountant for those points on the whole org, or department of the org.

[End Constructive Criticism Protocols]

[initiate Suggestion and Addition to the Original Post]

Alternatively, organisations can issue Loyalty Points as "rewards" for any job they issue under the org's name, that people can redeem later on to get gear from the org, adding a dynamic "quest" system.

A job may be for a player or group of players that undertake the contract, to go after the controversial figure of Captain Twerkmotor, with a Loyalty Point reward that would make newbies take said oddjobs on a bounty hunter's crew that goes after said controversial, but generally loved figure, as the Loyalty Points rewards could be used to get items from a faction (maybe a full gear made of Badassium-34, or instead, one gun that costs as much as all the gear combined for the same Loyalty Points).

Now, the observation may be made that Loyalty Points could be used as an "alternative currency", but it can't be used in the market, as machines do not understand loyatties, but only cold hard cash. 

And on top of that, it's either NQ doing it, or other people doing it, then all of the community using it, and then NQ having to introduce it down the line for everyone who's not using it. It's gonna happen. Just saying. We might as well create a precedence for it already so people have something to "grind towards". 

[End Suggestion and Addition to the Original Post]

I don't know about you, but that sounds a lot more emergent, than flipping "tags" on and off or having a reputation bar, which in the context of DU, it doesn't even work, as people are not NPCs. 

[Cybrex Alt #12843312343126 Shutting Down]

Indeed there are limitations to this, it was just a request for the option for on duty and off duty. the total implications are in the follow up organisation specific created standings and reputations created in a dynamic way.

The on duty mode and off duty mode are just a piece of the tools, but im limited by the forum rules of one idea per post.

As always, sharp on the possibilities you all are, keep up the good work with those brain tools.

I'm there with twerk:

Flipping tags alone is just a bit...meh. A player will always be recognized by his deeds, may they be good or bad. Flipping a tag won't change that. Besides I believe that if you are in an org, you should be visible as a member of them and you just can't leave in an instant and then be back again. Either you're with them or you're not.

A player run LP store would definitely be way better as twerk suggested. The higher the LP of a player, the longer he is with that org, or he is a very active contributor. If that is a sign of trustworthiness - well, you're call.

You could combine that with the rdms system and for like 500 LP you get access to the org garage, for 5000 you get your own piece of land and so on. That org has to have enough jobs for newbros ofc.

It worked pretty well in SWG, but my memory is fuzzy. To be honest, I am not really adding to this thread, I just remember I enjoyed the system. :P

Spot on response though by Twerk. I like the idea of LP.

I guess you could say I just like things in this thread. You all get likes now.