Purchasing Pledges/DAC's as gifts to help with fundraising

yamamushi

I don't know how everyone else feels about this, but I would like the ability to start purchasing DAC's now to help with the fundraising. 

I'm one of the people who has a high pledge already (Boosted Emerald) and so going to the next level will set me back ~$4000.

Instead of doing that, or having to open a second account to pledge, I think it would be useful to be able to pledge in smaller increments by purchasing DAC's now ahead of release.

In addition to that, I would love to be able to purchase pledges to give away. I know that technically you're not "buying" Alpha access with a pledge, it's more of a perk and a thank-you for pledging at all. However, I also know there are plenty of people out there who just don't have the financial means to be able to get into Alpha but would be valuable members of the community if they could provide feedback and help to get the word out a bit more.

Opening these options up would allow me (and others in my position) to continue to help the fundraising efforts, and to also help bring more people into the community. 

tl;dr : 

- I want to be able to purchase DAC's now to help with Fundraising

- I want to be able to purchase pledges as gifts to give away to help with Fundraising and to bring more people into the community. 

You could always make a throw-away email address, buy a pledge, then give someone the email info.

But that would be tedious, plus what if the y want it on their own email? So I get what you're saying there.

Also, during the kickstarter I remember they said if you simply added in to the price of whatever pledge level you were backing the amount of one DAC, they'd give you an extra DAC, or however many you added. This portal does seem to lack that though.

Wholeheartedly agreed, having the ability to purchase DACs and gift backer levels would be very nice indeed.

I am certain to not upgrade into higher backer level due to massive price gap, but getting a couple of DACs or a giftable silver pack for example would be likely. 

• 7 months later...

BUMP!

I'd like gift some pledges away as well.  

I'm making some buddies here and there who aren't pledged yet so why not help em out and give em a taste of the good life?

I support this. I have asked about the ability to buy DAC a few times, but never got a yes or no.  I would like to have some more DACs for in game, and for me to support at a higher tier would cost a lot.  

Ive considered pledging under a new name, but thats giving me another game access I dont need.

No, I am not sure if NQ will go for buyi g alpha for another, certainly not stage 1. While you may intend to give it to someone who cares, others wont always do the same.  But I would think beta wouldnt be a problem. 

It would be nice if they implemented some kind of gifting option. For example you could buy a gold tier code and then give it to someone who could use it to get gold on their account.

1 hour ago, Lord_Void said:

I volunteer to have money thrown at me too.

On a serious note though, is love to be able to buy DACs now that way I can stock up over time. Like paying my subscription fee early 

whats that?   I just want them to sell for isk

As a noble idea it sounds, it might also lead to something else. Some people will stockpile DAC's on a low prices and resell later when expected price will go up over a time ;). Because of that I say no. If you consider possibility of market manipulations. We don't wont this game to be pay to win right? But to some extend that would be one of the kitchen doors to influence by having more money.

5 hours ago, _devu_ said:

As a noble idea it sounds, it might also lead to something else. Some people will stockpile DAC's on a low prices and resell later when expected price will go up over a time ;). Because of that I say no. If you consider possibility of market manipulations. We don't wont this game to be pay to win right? But to some extend that would be one of the kitchen doors to influence by having more money.

We're talking about buying them with rl money. You can't resell them for rl money, that would be illegal.

Oh and yeah, I support this. +1

1 hour ago, Lethys said:

We're talking about buying them with rl money. You can't resell them for rl money, that would be illegal.

Oh and yeah, I support this. +1

Not illegal, just against the TOS. 

Selling accounts/pledges is kind of a gray area too, frowned upon heavily but they're not going out of their way to stop it. 

The main thing we've heard is that they don't want people giving away alpha access, as they want that reserved for the core supporters. Though I think they would readily admit it would be unfeasible to enforce that completely. 

Selling items for real money in the game will also probably be prohibited, but enforcing that is going to end up being a never-ending game of cat and mouse. 

Now in terms of selling DAC's for real money in an authorized way, I hope they open up an affiliate program similar to CCP's affiliate program. So that sites can resell them with permission. 

Yeah that's what I meant by illegal (maybe the wrong word). 

Selling accs for in-game money was common and approved by ccp for a long time. 

I'm sure it will be against the tos to sell in-game items, DACs and everything else in DU, cause that would be rmt...obviously lol. Catching those rmt ppl is hard, and it'll exist nonetheless, but they have to ban it in their tos

And tbh it would be a bad move of nq if they don't go for an affiliate program to sell DACs. 

I sometimes forget that not everyone played eve here, so my answers are somewhat short at times lol

Edited by Lethys

I didn't even thought of selling it for real money.

You buy DAC today while they are cheap on market when exchanged for in game currency.

More you buy now more you invest for the future when prices will go up. 

Kind of investment opportunity that in long term may change a lot.

1 hour ago, _devu_ said:

I didn't even thought of selling it for real money.

You buy DAC today while they are cheap on market when exchanged for in game currency.

More you buy now more you invest for the future when prices will go up. 

Kind of investment opportunity that in long term may change a lot.

Well if someone sells them early on, it's their fault. This has nothing to do with p2w as you stated. 

You just get more DACs to players. What they do with it is their call