New Dev Diary, wooohooo!

Ghoster

Radial scan is so amazing. makes you feel like frigging Daredevil with the way it propagates away from you :D

P.S. : Yes, I also wept on that forest scenery. So pretty. One day, if JC allows it, we shalt organise Hunger Games in such forests, with swords and bows only. :P

Good stuff in the video! Two things I noticed, first was that it showed the player scanning and I was wondering how that factors in with the scanning mechanics that they have talked about already. Probably the spherical scan which shows you what percent of what you scanned is what, but I'm not sure.

The other I noticed is that it seems like territory control units have the ability to show both the name and symbol of an organization! I saw two in the video, maybe placeholders, but still a possibility.

Radial scan is so amazing. makes you feel like frigging Daredevil with the way it propagates away from you :D

P.S. : Yes, I also wept on that forest scenery. So pretty. One day, if JC allows it, we shalt organise Hunger Games in such forests, with swords and bows only. :P

We just have to make sure they add in melee!

Great update. So excited. ..any have a view on GPU requirements and whether this will be a monster like star citizen or something more modest?

The game won't be out for two years and isn't even out of pre-alpha yet, it is horribly unoptimised so providing such an answer at this stage is close to worthless.

However, JC has stated that he thinks that modern high-end machines will probably be just above the recommended specs in 2018 for the game.

Looks beautiful now. I also wonder how much better looking the regular voxel stuff looks too.

The game won't be out for two years and isn't even out of pre-alpha yet, it is horribly unoptimised so providing such an answer at this stage is close to worthless.

However, JC has stated that he thinks that modern high-end machines will probably be just above the recommended specs in 2018 for the game.

Looks beautiful now. I also wonder how much better looking the regular voxel stuff looks too.

Remember some of us will be pre-alpha testing in a few months. It'll only look that good / be playable ok if we're getting in the upgrades we may need. I'm sure I saw something suggesting 1060-1080gtx range. Makes pledges look a snip.

Remember some of us will be pre-alpha testing in a few months. It'll only look that good / be playable ok if we're getting in the upgrades we may need. I'm sure I saw something suggesting 1060-1080gtx range. Makes pledges look a snip.

Well if you can't play the alpha because you have a Radeon HD6850....not the problem of devs. If you buy into a game via kickstarter to be able to play the alpha you better have at least a gtx970.

confirmed ores: coal, copper, aluminium, tin, iron, zinc, gold....looks like normal ore so far. Does that mean we could get duralumin? who knows - exciting times

The pre-optimised version they shot for the trailers, utilised a gtx980ti (if I am not mistaken).

However, given the game is coming out in TWO YEARS, by then a gtx980ti (or lower) GPU, will be much much cheaper than what it is today.