Piracy != Griefing

Bernarr

Players should be able to choose there own level or risk which the reflects great potential rewards.

Obviously in the ark zones you are totally safe but opportunities to advance are limited

Organisation will establish their own territories with their own law and police patrols. There is still a risk but it is much less than the lawless space. Territories in this context could be much greater than the tiles system supported by the game, an org might only have one or two TU in their main base/city but patrol and lay claim to a much larger area around them.

If you get killed by another player here you should go to your org and file a police report. The game should have a combat/action log that can be exported (and is verifiable by the game) that you can say, here this guy killed me here and this is all the stuff I lost. They can then decide what to do whether to request arbitration with the perp or issue a warrant for their arrest/termination/bounty or declare them an outlaw so that they are KOS for anyone affiliated with that org and they cannot conduct trade within the territory.

Different organisations will be able to secure the safety of their citizens, going out beyond the frontier or going places alone when security is not guaranteed will be tense but rewarding. 

Obviously police cant be everywhere at once but hopefully we could deploy scanners at the perimeter of territory to notify the police about player movement and relay that back to the HQ. Especially when a known pirate arrives in a territory, we would want to dispatch police gunships to intercept.

https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/10588-comm-arrays-local-chat-potatoes/#entry42054

I made this thread, with the idea that people can set up comm relays within a system, to establish their own org's chat within it and to keep track of who's within the comm-relays' scanners (cloaked ships below a certain mass are excluded in my suggestion, thus, being stealthy).

My idea, was for players to be able to set system-wide chats for everyone on that system, or even set up "police channels", with registered org mebers being able to call "911" this way, by citing the coordinates of an unidentified ship that entered the system - if they were to spot them.

Feel free to leave a comment there, maybe get the Devs' attention to hopefull introduce scuh a feature  - although it's very possible they already have plans for that. I do agree police can't be everywhere, but we can make a form of "hotline" and scanning for people to be able to spot invaders on their system before said invaders reach a planet, without having to resort to EVE's PVP ruining Local Chat.

A pirate is just a themed PvP:er. It has nothing to do with if the person is a douchebag or not, or if the PvP victims finds the person griefing - with the exception of abuse of mechanics, exploits, bugs, et cetera.

This thread puts a lot of effort to glorifying simple PvP:ers. The game mechanics, the majority of individuals and the majority of guilds/orgs in-game will not judge you differently for your theme. I just don't see the point.

A pirate is just a themed PvP:er. It has nothing to do with if the person is a douchebag or not, or if the PvP victims finds the person griefing - with the exception of abuse of mechanics, exploits, bugs, et cetera.

This thread puts a lot of effort to glorifying simple PvP:ers. The game mechanics, the majority of individuals and the majority of guilds/orgs in-game will not judge you differently for your theme. I just don't see the point.

Pirates attack people to rob them.  This distinguishes from, for example, someone who is defending their territory, although both would be PvPers.  I consider someone's motive extremely important.  Knowing it may help me negotiate with them if they attack or even avoid the attack completely.

Hey, if NQ adds implants, more of a reason for people to parley. Oh, sorry, parrrrrrrrrley. 

Yaaaarrrrr that be swell, like the lagoon waterrrs in Autumn brrreeze. 

What I would hate to see however, is the gameplay to become what DayZ turned into - ie. instant KOS 99.9% of the time. The same reason why I preferred to fly and PvP in NBDS space on EVE online - as there was that "investigate, react and adjust to the situation" element, rather than simply shoot anything that's not you without thinking and with little long term consequence. 

While we are on the subject of EVE, PvP and piracy, I found a whole lot more PvP for a solo pilot (possibly with a wingmate) in NRDS space, than I ever did in NBKOS space. You either had massive invasion fleets there, or none at all. I dunno, maybe I was in the wrong parts of space, or my playstyle, but I did go venturing about quite a bit. Especially after Sylph's collapse. With little positive results. 

Yaaaarrrrr that be swell, like the lagoon waterrrs in Autumn brrreeze. 

What I would hate to see however, is the gameplay to become what DayZ turned into - ie. instant KOS 99.9% of the time. The same reason why I preferred to fly and PvP in NBDS space on EVE online - as there was that "investigate, react and adjust to the situation" element, rather than simply shoot anything that's not you without thinking and with little long term consequence. 

While we are on the subject of EVE, PvP and piracy, I found a whole lot more PvP for a solo pilot (possibly with a wingmate) in NRDS space, than I ever did in NBKOS space. You either had massive invasion fleets there, or none at all. I dunno, maybe I was in the wrong parts of space, or my playstyle, but I did go venturing about quite a bit. Especially after Sylph's collapse. With little positive results.

Thing is DayZ and DU/EVE have nothing in common. One is about survival and no sense of massiveness in the world, the others are about risk and reward gameplay. In DayZ you can't be an industrialist.