Plague

NNNNobody

"

Diseases, fellow Dual? 

If it's to spice up the game, let me assure you that there will be plenty of other activities to do -- so many that adding diseases will most likely be an unnecessary burden to both the developers and the player base. There has been talk of in-game narcotics with both buffs and penalties that are tied to their use. (advantages and disadvantages that influence the increase or decrease in the user's stats is what I mean by buffs and penalties)

If any illnesses or diseases were to be added, they certainly won't make their entrance till the expansions that will gracefully follow the game release. 

I am of the opinion that penalties for in-game drugs/narcotics will be more than adequate, at least till the second expansion.

"

This could be an interesting event, though not very high on my wish list.

Everyone is wearing a spacesuit so actually contracting a disease shouldn't be that simple, but a small rupture could lead to the disease spreading.

This idea needs to be expanded on a bit more.  What are the potential vectors? What does a disease do mechanically? Could this also be used for in game computer viruses? Could some people be carriers while others feel the full effects of the disease?

There was actually an incident of an unintended plague outbreak in World of Warcraft. It decimated the population and they had to take the servers offline for a while in order to fix it. It's called the Corrupted Blood Incident and is definitely worth reading up on.

Zul Gurub 2005. Never forget.

Diseases/viruses were wiped out in 2376 don't you remember? + nano-machines in our bodies would wipe them out anyways, geez. (I'm joking btw or am I)

I don't think that lore comes first in games. Gameplay mechanics are much more important.(I understand you are joking by the way)

Hmm, plague could be an interesting concept to throw into a game.  Bio warfare to render some resource unattainable for all parties... unless you take extreme measures to clean up the area or something.  Or for those brave enough to try and weather the conditions.

Could be interesting.

The Flood were actual lifeforms in Halo right?  Although I'd personally find that concept interesting, NQ have distanced themselves from such a direction.  I wouldn't get your hopes up for it ^^

If there is plague, I imagine it will be completely player controlled.  Through some kind of bio-warfare... or pre-contaminated areas that you can research in order to weaponize against another area.  Something like that.

• 2 weeks later...