[Novawrimo] Pis Aller

Velenka

It seems that most others wrote stories based on characters. I was more interested in the "big picture" of the time surrounding and preceding the launch of the Novark, so I wrote this little thing here.

The length did run away from me a bit, but it's not that much more than 10k words.

Hope you enjoy!

Pis_Aller.pdf

Just started reading the story but just for science: neutron stars are no remnants of a black hole. If a star has several times the mass of our sun (above Chandrasekhar's limit) and collapses, it turns into a neutron star/magnetar/blazar/other type. Only the most heavy ones turn into black holes.

I'll edit this post once I finish reading in order to keep your thread clean

NINJAEDIT:

I like the conclusion of the story and the implied explanations with that, but I think this is very dangerous terrain - NQ said that Aphelia shouldn't be mentioned that much. And that IDA is a nice idea for a story, but imho not true for the game.

It seems that most others wrote stories based on characters. I was more interested in the "big picture" of the time surrounding and preceding the launch of the Novark, so I wrote this little thing here.

The length did run away from me a bit, but it's not that much more than 10k words.

Hope you enjoy!

Hey Velenka!

I really liked the interplay you had between the two AI in this piece - the whole 'this is for their own good' theme. Definitely an interesting thing to explore!

Good luck!

DT

Just started reading the story but just for science: neutron stars are no remnants of a black hole. If a star has several times the mass of our sun (above Chandrasekhar's limit) and collapses, it turns into a neutron star/magnetar/blazar/other type. Only the most heavy ones turn into black holes.

I'll edit this post once I finish reading in order to keep your thread clean

NINJAEDIT:

I like the conclusion of the story and the implied explanations with that, but I think this is very dangerous terrain - NQ said that Aphelia shouldn't be mentioned that much. And that IDA is a nice idea for a story, but imho not true for the game.

Ah yes, I must have meant the supernova, not a black hole. :P Silly me.