Streaming Alpha Access

BioShockLIVE

I apologize if this has been answered before, but I'm interested in knowing if we will be able to stream in alpha state?

I know this may be a weird question, but I've seen some games not allow early access streaming.

Thank you, for taking the time to read this looking forward to any answer or source provided. 

You are right, some games don't allow the streaming of their alpha product for whatever reason.

But NQ hasn't really stated or not whether this would be an issue to my knowledge. 
Infact, being the team they are, they'd probably love it, to be honest. 

Publicity is good and I don't know why games have these NDAs on Alphas, I guess, sometimes its because the game is meant to be a truly 'Closed Alpha', where as NQ has gone with a more open buy in approach. 
So, assuming the best outcome, it will probably be possible! 

Don't think they've talked about an NDA or whether or not they'll have one or to what degree.

Based on past crowdfunded games its likely there won't be much of an NDA and streaming will be allowed. The idea being even if its in an early, unfinished, broken state they want people seeing the game or at the very the least the idea and concept of it and hopefully buying in to help fund it.

more publicity is good, and I myself spend an hour most days watching streams for my favourite games, more so when i don't have time to play myself.  I can understand after the events with "no mans sky" why some publishers may be more cautious.

I agree that they will most likely allow and support streaming of the game, even in alpha state, for much the same reasons as mentioned above.

The reason many games don't allow streaming is that they already have established audiences, and so they have more to lose from bad publicity than they do from people seeing the gameplay ideas. Case in point: Call of Duty. Millions of people are going to buy Call of Duty no matter what. Even if they didn't spend a single penny on advertising and just released the game, they would still sell more than most games ever hope to. If people post the alpha footage though, and show the broken buggy messes that every alpha generally starts as, then that's what people will remember from the footage: COD is broken. Thousands of people who would have otherwise bought the game will choose not to, without even waiting till release to realize how broken and awful COD is. (haha couldn't resist that one ;) ) That is my opinion on why many games don't allow people to share alpha footage.

In the past alphas and betas have been closed groups for testing and balacing. Very often there were strict NDAs in place. Its also because the devs didn't want any bugs or gameplay imbalances out in the public before the official release! Before they were able to fix them.

Nowadays a lot of developer allow sharing content and experiences! But its not the "default setting!

If You are in doubt and don't have a developer cleary stating that sharing pictures, talking about the game or streaming it is allowed, don't don't do it and assume some form of NDA is still in place.

I plan do stream DU as well. But I won't do it before getting a clear statement from the devs that it is allowed.

(Probably a Novaquarl team member could elaborate on this?)