Thank you NovaQuark

yamamushi

Before Dual Universe I spent countless hours scouring the internet looking for -that- game. I think many other people know exactly what I'm talking about. -The- game that would tie you down and keep you immersed for hours, where you could live in a virtual world and be part of something bigger, where you could build your dreams and be part of a whole other universe. 

I was feeling rather down, depressed or sad take your pick, in the months before I learned about DU from E3. I was feeling kind of burnt out about things happening in projects I was involved in (I was a dev on Bitcoin Classic) and just generally was very mopey. I wasn't sure what else was going to come along that would suck me in and make me feel like I could contribute in any meaningful way. 

When I discovered DU I was ecstatic, and I don't think there was a grain of pessimism inside of me. As soon as I saw the trailer, as I'm sure others can attest to, I knew exactly what it meant for gaming as a whole (especially sandbox gaming) and I just knew what it was NovaQuark was attempting to create. 

I don't think I've been as happy in a long time, being part of DU Explorers, flying out to PAX to meet JC at the NQ booth, getting to be involved in various happenings here and there, everything Dual Universe has been a very positive experience in my life this year. 

Lately, I've been feeling down again. I don't know if it's because of the lack of interest in getting people to be on DU Explorers for another episode (we haven't had one in 3 weeks...) or if it's seasonal or something else entirely. I couldn't even bring myself to write anything for NovaWrimo with all the back and forth banter and arguments between different organizations. I'm just exhausted. 

I'm sure things will turn around here after the new year. Although, unless I can get another episode of DU Explorers together soon, I think I'm going to be taking a break from DU for a few weeks. 

Regardless of all of that, which are purely my own problems, I think the main purpose of this was for me to say thank you to NovaQuark and Happy Holidays to everyone there for everything that you're doing for us.

Even in these early stages of development, what you're doing has had a special impact on hundreds if not thousands of people. I don't think anyone here will disagree that you're doing something that has changed our lives forever.

Between all the new friends we've all made, and all of the excitement we've been able to be a part of (Kickstarter was a nerve-wracking blast), we've certainly come a long way and it feels like we're not that far away from actually being able to interact with each other in-game. 

Thank you NovaQuark. 

Before Dual Universe I spent countless hours scouring the internet looking for -that- game. I think many other people know exactly what I'm talking about. -The- game that would tie you down and keep you immersed for hours, where you could live in a virtual world and be part of something bigger, where you could build your dreams and be part of a whole other universe. 

Same here, i'm glad that i can finally found a game that i looking for this past couple years.

Even though there is a strong scepticism to this game due to what happened to No Man's Sky, it don't change the fact that what NQ do to this game was amazing, and it encourages me to take this both great & risky step via Kickstarter  :D

Lately, I've been feeling down again. I don't know if it's because of the lack of interest in getting people to be on DU Explorers for another episode (we haven't had one in 3 weeks...) or if it's seasonal or something else entirely. I couldn't even bring myself to write anything for NovaWrimo with all the back and forth banter and arguments between different organizations. I'm just exhausted. 

I think it's more like "we don't have any new topic to discuss" than "we don't have that much of interest". Due to NQ are working on Dual Universe development so they barely update their game information to public, this is natural, so don't worry.  ;)

I'm sure everything will be skyrocket after Dual Universe hit the Beta phase and get into Steam Store  B)

I was never one to scour the internet for games to play, I'd just end up playing the same old stuff instead! 
But I can understand where you are coming from there, I guess I latched on to DU pretty heavily once I had found it, which is odd, because I usually have to see something of the game before doing so, but that is just me. 

Plus, this game is one of the games I am more involved in on a project/community basis than any other that I have played, it has already shown me things I like to do and it isn't even playable yet! 

Anyway, I don't really have words to say because I'm dead tired, but Happy Holidays to the NQ team! 
Hope you get to rest and J.C. isn't slave driving you guys too hard over the holidays! 

Have to agree, love the prospect of the next couple o' years ^^

When Face of Mankind got the final can (it's been shutdown multiple times, in 2015... for good), I had to find a game that could replace it.  Unfortunately, Star Citizen was a way off at that point (and still is!)... however, between SC and DU I will be one happy man.  As it stands the development of the two games will keep me busy for time to come.  Can't speak for the releases, as neither have occurred of course.

Overburned, happens. Find another hobby, interest, game or fun to refresh your mind =)

P.S: Join us in SE. Find new relations which could be similar in DU. Practise in building. And everything with people from DU community (and not only).

Thanks,

Archonious

Hi guys, 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here. The past few months have been a rough ride, indeed. We're deeply grateful for your support and your commitment to Dual Universe and the community. Every day, we're amazed to see your comments about the game on the forum and social media and seeing people getting excited about the work of the team. 

@Yamamushi: It's totally normal to have some downtime. Various reasons can explain it and we hope you'll feel better soon. Thanks again for your general involvement and thanks again for your help in organizing NovaWrimo. We can't wait to read all the submitted stories :D Just take care, have some rest. You deserve it!

More generally, and as mentioned in the December Newsletter, we can't deny that the past few months have been both exhilarating and exhausting. The game's development is still making good progress and we would like to share more with you, trust us. However, as previously explained, we can't maintain the Kickstarter communication rhythm all year long. We wish it was possible, but with the resources we have at the moment of writing, communicating at this pace would just hurt the game's development. 

We're currently working on the game's content and features but also on optimizing our development pipeline, our tools, hiring extra people and gathering more funds to make this happen. I don't even mention the Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Portal follow-up, the Customer Support tasks, the list goes on and on. This is highly demanding for a small indie team like us and everybody here at Novaquark is working hard to give you the game we all dream of. 

We hope you all understand that we do our best with our actual means. Many of you have sent us public and private messages to wish us happy winter holidays and have a break. We'll indeed take a short break between Christmas and New Year's Eve to have some rest and spend some time with our families :D

And then, we'll be back to make 2017 a special year for the future of MMOs. That's our goal, you know it. 

Thank you to all of you for your kind words and your support. It matters to us. The team is always happy to read your encouragements and feedback. 

Take care, 

Nomad