Faction Music

Martox Rento

I think, whilst this would be nice, it could also turn out to be fairly obnoxious, if players were allowed enough leeway. 

I believe, just to add an iteration on top of what you have suggested, because it is a fairly solid idea, that maybe they have a set theme, and they can choose ambient tracks through that, just to add more background noise. 

I know, myself, I will probably listening to other music anyway, but it could be a nice touch. 

Yeah I agree with Anasasi, it would have to be either specific tracks put in the game by NQ, or a system where you could only request a personal track if your organization was big enough and then that track would have to be approved. Otherwise... Well it's the internet. Anyone can imagine the sorts of music and audio that internet people might play in their space, given freedom. I suppose if there was an in game music editor with a few tools, it wouldn't end up being too bad.

Not to mention that it will be hard to quantify where an organization's space specifically starts and ends. Not sure how those mechanics will work yet, beyond TUs.

What would be great is if you could broadcast music and/or messages like radio, where listening is optional. That way if a faction is playing something super annoying you don't have to put up with it. 

I'm for the G-Mod radio system where players can basically put any audio they can upload to specific sources into ingame radios or broadcasting systems.

This allows them to simulate pumping music in a club, air raid sirens or just some announcement or ambiance / background sounds. Ideal for customization.

With some mechanics in place to allow it to be optional or "mutable" per source (not in general, ideally?) on the push of a button and whatnot, then it could work well.

NQ won't allow players up upload any form of music of media to DU for one reason, copywriter.

Even if you say that you have made it (you have the rights to it) specially for DU it would still be a no, NQ would have to check every song and sample independently to make sure there is no copywriter infringement.

An in-game editor would be cool though, but it would probably be included after the game has gone Gold. I doubt it's anywhere near the top of the devs to-do list.

NQ won't allow players up upload any form of music of media to DU for one reason, copywriter.

Even if you say that you have made it (you have the rights to it) specially for DU it would still be a no, NQ would have to check every song and sample independently to make sure there is no copywriter infringement.

An in-game editor would be cool though, but it would probably be included after the game has gone Gold. I doubt it's anywhere near the top of the devs to-do list.

Possible ways on how to aim for a compromise:

- Some kind of liability confirmation for the players (they have to agree on X)

- Limit length to some extend

- Offer a license that costs a bit in order to utilize such a system to limit it, and thus make checks more easier or possible in the first place

Given the potential work to establish it and potential care required after implementation or possible legal aspects, it's unlikely to happen in a game such as this.

Sadly. If you have seen such systems work in other private communities you may get kind of "spoiled". It's like SWG's housing system. You see nice things ones and start to hope to see them elsewhere.

But it's likely got going to happen. At least not in the way you're used to.

• 3 weeks later...

i think a radio station is an amazing idea, adds another job to the market, and another building to be used in city building. also itd give another place to have advertisements for companies and organizations, perhaps even government propaganda or new laws

What I think should happen is there be a way to add music in or add audio but it be created on site. So it wouldn't be you upload and MP3 file but instead type out the message you want to send or pick the notes you want it to play all in game that way they don't have to worry about copyright because everything would be created right there. Kind of like making songs with minecraft note blocks but easier.

What I think should happen is there be a way to add music in or add audio but it be created on site. So it wouldn't be you upload and MP3 file but instead type out the message you want to send or pick the notes you want it to play all in game that way they don't have to worry about copyright because everything would be created right there. Kind of like making songs with minecraft note blocks but easier.

So... an additional music/sound engine would have to be created in addition to the original game. Verbal messages would also sound very robotic - and not the nice artifical intelligence kind. More like Microsoft Sam. Perhaps later as an add-on that would be nice, but personally I'd like to see an in-game modeler to produce custom clothing designs and advanced character customization.

Agreed on the clothing, would much prefer to have awesome clothes to wear over this, just presenting a possible solution to solve the copyright issues, and yea I would much prefer to have the leader give an actual live speech then some butchered bulletin message. Assuming that people have the ability to locally turn them off I think that speeches or recorded audio messages should be fine as they would be created in game free of copyright probably using the regular voice talking system. The issue is if music is added because giving people the ability to add music means that either it has to be created in game, taking alot of dev time or NQ has to monitor everything that gets added for copyright which is feasibly impossible. So yea maybe in the far future music can be created in game so there isn't copyright issues but for now, I want my epic looking clothes.

Thanks, Jared