Sorry, how do DACs work?

Saul Retav

Is purchasing a months subscription and buying/redeeming a DAC the exact same thing? Or are they different prices? If they are, why? Why not just have DAC redemption be the only mechanic to extend game time?

(If these questions have been answered before, I apologize, I couldn't find them.)

Buying gametime (sub) will be around 10-13€ per month.

One DAC will be around 15-18€. You can either use that as one month of game time or sell it for ingame credits on the markets ingame. That's why they are more expensive.

It's cheaper to just buy a sub. People who want more in-game credits can buy DACs and sell them to you. So you can play for free if you earn enough in-game money

Got it. So the only reason someone would buy a DAC from NQ is to sell it for in-game money since the month-to-month subscription is cheaper.

Not only. It could be the help to friend (more rare, but possible). It could be a reward for players who make some kind of competitions (made by other players/streamers).

I would point on big difference from buying "ingame money" directly from developer.

Player A (spend real to get ingame money) make request to player B (spend time to get lot of ingame money) to trade DAC on UC (Universe Credits - if I'm not wrong that how NQ called it at least once). So Player A buy time of player B, who made most of the work. Main thing - NOTHING become from nowhere! It is job! 1 player work for another and get paid for that.

So if that would be pay to NQ and get from them - it would mean "UC become from nowhere". Like EVE (partly) - you get money from player and then buy ship from nowhere. If you get money in DU - this is just saved time, you need to buy resources or ships from players who spent time to get/build them. So everything is about "Time for money".

Not perfect, could be abusable, but without it would be worse. No farm-to-play, black market gold-farmers and as result same problems + some more.

Thanks,

Archonious

Pretty much, like Eve Online's System of PLEX. Which is the same concept that WoW does as well right now, honestly this is a great method for a sub based game to allow people to play for free if they have the funds needed to support their free-to-play conquest in the game. That's how I pay for Eve Online, I don't mind paying for a sub but I have far to much isk to care so I just play for free.