Community ran game server! Space Engineers

Wilks Checkov

While we wait on the alpha of Dual Universe to arrive, I figured I would place this offer out to the community at general.

If we can gain the right amount of support I will buy a dedicated server for Space Engineers out of Dallas, Texas. It is on a Gigabit fiber line - So that worldwide connections should be possible without much issue, meaning everyone can join in. 

There will be a few mods on it to make it significantly more challenging!

If you are interested in making the server a reality - please vote here http://www.strawpoll.me/11809202

We are looking for at-least 10-15 votes for me to consider buying the server. 

Should you have any questions - feel free to ask!

Wilks - 

How much different you plan to do the server?

-New resources + planets separation

-Special limits

-Items changes

-IT/coding knowledge to improve server

If you plan run basic server with few mods, then much better to join somewhere, not just waste time and money. Support DU instead.

Of course that is your choice, I also vote "Yes", but it is not that necessary if you do not plan to improve it. IMO.

Thanks,

Archonious

If you want to try a rebalanced Space Engineers server, I already have one at steam://connect/176.31.247.160:27015. It rebalances Hydrogen to make it the primary thrust mechanic, which moves away from uranium dependency and toward more efficient packaging and use of the Hydrogen systems and piping, giving a very different look to ships. It's on a Dedicated Box running out of France, making it exceptional for EU users and with the newer updates, fun even on US clients.

Hi Wilks, i don't seem to see your server on the list, I assume Developer Version is where you have to go into the properties of the SE in steam and opt into ''Develop - public develop Branch''?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Wilks, i don't seem to see your server on the list, I assume Developer Version is where you have to go into the properties of the SE in steam and opt into ''Develop - public develop Branch''?

Wilks currently busy in real (don't know about details). So server off for about 2 weeks or more. He plans to add economy and few other mods.

Thanks,

Archonious

• 1 month later...