General discussion.

Khaymann

What is best to you?

Quad-pedal, Hexa-pedal, or Bi-pedal mechs? Cause the arguement can be going for months on that front. Each one operates in a very unique and circumstancial way.

As you said it is very circumstantial, but what about Tri-pedal mechs why not love for them?  :P But if i had to choose one would probably be a Quad. 

As you said it is very circumstantial, but what about Tri-pedal mechs why not love for them?  :P But if i had to choose one would probably be a Quad. 

Tri-pods would be ineffective due to their core weakness. Non-symmetrical motor-functions. An odd number of legs would call of odd calculations on the code's part. How do you move the legs? 1 left => 1 right => 1 back ? That would end up giving you stability, sure, but it will make your mech quite a hassle to keep up in situations where mobility is needed, not to mention the easy to negate third leg option, throwing it off balance.

An even number of legs gives more options. A Quad-pod would be able to scale up buildings across each side of a narrow-street, giving it the option to go on overwatch over killzones. A Hexa-pod would be acting the same, although ,actually able to scale up and on the roof oa buildimg, while a bi-pod would be able to traverse a narrow street with much more ease of passage, due to a slimer frame.

The arguement can be made on a deca-pod but, well, why? :P

Tri-pods would be ineffective due to their core weakness. Non-symmetrical motor-functions. An odd number of legs would call of odd calculations on the code's part. How do you move the legs? 1 left => 1 right => 1 back ? That would end up giving you stability, sure, but it will make your mech quite a hassle to keep up in situations where mobility is needed, not to mention the easy to negate third leg option, throwing it off balance.

An even number of legs gives more options. A Quad-pod would be able to scale up buildings across each side of a narrow-street, giving it the option to go on overwatch over killzones. A Hexa-pod would be acting the same, although ,actually able to scale up and on the roof oa buildimg, while a bi-pod would be able to traverse a narrow street with much more ease of passage, due to a slimer frame.

The arguement can be made on a deca-pod but, well, why? :P

Yeah i figured that was kinda trolling. Though never been a huge mech fan. Don't get me wrong they are quite awesome just not my preferred method of destruction.

Now we are talking with explosions. Although, many calculations have to be taken into account due to how asymmetrical it is as a design, but hey, the classics are classics. (Also I got the action figure with the Dragonzord, so it would help for a visual referrence :P )

What would be Really cool is if you could make all the bots separate and the form then together into Megazord.

I can't see why not. You would need to create DPUs that "click" upon connecting their wirings. It could work, but the real issue is who are going to volunterr on piloting its controls. Cause I can't see a mech being single-seater at any shape of form. 

I mean, could always go Pacific Rim style in design and piloting. :D

Given my latest revelations in LUA scripting and a real situation that may unfold, we will damn sure need two pilots at least for ANYTHING in the game. One acting in a cross-ship platform while the other is acting on a secondary grid to avoid... external influences.