Prefabs

draenen

I am not sure if this feature exists yet, or is going to be implemented in the future.

But let's say I have a really cool are I've built that is representative of my organization, (Corpus Valida) and I want to make that a staple in any player hub that relates to the organization. If there was a way to save the creation as something, and turn it into a pre-fabricated building/base/city so that when I wish to create a new hub I could just select it and place it (materials needed, of course)? 

Have it as a sort of blueprint mechanism, maybe make it an in-game attainable item, so that architects could actually trade the blueprints to other players with the option of that blueprint being the only copy, or if it can be a mass-produced blueprint.

I feel like it could be a good idea, if its not considered already!

You'll find that blueprints will be the primary method used to distribute large builds for other people to build, and has been talked about almost from the inception of Dual Universe by NovaQuark. :)

Yup. You can create a master blueprint and make copies of that blueprint that can be used a set number of times as you choose. That is the plan anyway.

And blueprints created during alpha and beta will carry over to release.

I am not sure if this feature exists yet, or is going to be implemented in the future.

But let's say I have a really cool are I've built that is representative of my organization, (Corpus Valida) and I want to make that a staple in any player hub that relates to the organization. If there was a way to save the creation as something, and turn it into a pre-fabricated building/base/city so that when I wish to create a new hub I could just select it and place it (materials needed, of course)? 

Have it as a sort of blueprint mechanism, maybe make it an in-game attainable item, so that architects could actually trade the blueprints to other players with the option of that blueprint being the only copy, or if it can be a mass-produced blueprint.

I feel like it could be a good idea, if its not considered already!

Since you already seem to know what a blueprint is, I'm guessing this idea has differences from blueprints. Can you specify what the main difference is? From what I'm gathering, you're suggesting an attainable item, from which a construct can be built but only if the player possesses it in their inventory?

the carry over sounds a little unfair :/

Why do you think it sounds unfair?  

I think for some there's a misconception that having built stuff somehow equals progress.  But there's no way to win the game.  All there is to do is build more stuff.

So if we both start at launch and you have nothing and i have a Blueprint for a ship i spent 50 hours working on.  We both still have to harvest the same resources to build a ship.  You just have 50 more hours of fun to have designing yours.   

This is a sandbox. There are no big advantages if you start earlier than others or have more blueprints. The only REAL value here is time. You will have more/better skills but that doesn't imply that a newbro with 2 month gametime can't outmatch you in certain areas because he specializes.

Blueprints are only valuable in the first few months - when the spacerace starts everyone wants to be first to another planet.

Apart from the problems of those Blueprints (can't build them anymore because maybe blocks are missing) you can have them too you know - open beta ftw.

There are some organisations that will make at very least a basic set of blueprints available for general use.  Libraries got to be useful for something right?